UK Power Networks

UK Power Networks Employee Reviews

United Kingdom76 reviews
Hi All , It was good to work with UK Power networks . Initially it was bit of struggle , Slowly it fast-paced and got to learn and work many enhancements projects . Work culture was really nice and excellent .
Learning is fast paced with help from more experienced member of staff and colleagues with immense potential and technical skills. Make sure you see well prepared for the interview and be very honest with your technical capability. It will go a long way during the discussion.
UKPN is a progressive company that looks after the needs of the business and customers first. With an excellent health and safety ethos, The teams are focused on delivery and quite helpful to bring in the ongoing changing strategy in the industry,
UKPN is a progressive company that looks after the needs of the business and customers first. The teams are focused on delivery and quite helpful to bring in the ongoing changing strategy in the industry.
Such an amazing place to work with so many different options for progression and learning new skills. The people are friendly and are always available if help is needed.
Builds effective working/professional relationships with co-workers Builds on understanding and mutual reliance Innovate even under adverse conditions
Pros
Team work, amazing atmosphere, self development programmes
Ok place to work if your face fits and trained properly. Too many chiefs not enough Indians here! Journey was a nightmare too as on M20 and bad with roadworks.
Difficult place to work. It has a Who you know culture. New comers with any respectable work ethics are seen as questionable and defiant and excluded from the “inner Dark circle”. staff work under a veil of mums the word. Very uncomfortable level of office politics. Absolute rain of terror and discord.
Managing a range of project client side learning Project and construction skills with a good level of training and wide variety of challenges day to day
I loved my my time there... great team.. wish I was still there. Pays really well...... Always good overtime.... Good training. ... A feeling of worth for the job.
Not a very good professional working atmosphere. Colleagues I worked with spoke in an unprofessional manner and senior management never did or said anything about it.
Great company to work for to boost skills on your CV in the short-run. Job security an issue, never a chance for self improvement within the company. Long term goals look bleak with current operating model within the company,
Confident and collected atmosphere, everyone was friendly and approachable. Higher-ups were intelligent and helpful, I always knew what I had to be doing, and it was rewarding to be doing so.
Good work to social lifestyle Job for life Management are good and are always there to assist It would make our lifes much more productive if the I.T was sorted out and we had better systems. but oh well.
Pros
Good management
Cons
TERRIBLE IT systems
Fantastic work place where all employees are treated equal offering great career progression and everyone works with each other to achieve the company goals
Everyone worked as a team. Really enjoyed my time here. Only reason for leaving was job relocation. Working hours were perfect 07.00 to 15.30 and 14.30 on Friday. Very flexible company.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Too far to travel when relocated
Allowed much work to be carried out from my own office, many of the staff were highly qualified but had no on site experience. Working on Rail projects I supervised many Project managers producing CAD drawings and Health and Safety Plans.
Pros
Car allowance
Cons
Long hours often working through the night
UKPN is one of the best companies I worked for, however for some very personal reasons I'm looking into the options of working from home. preparing and posting Journals to correct costs between jobs. weekly: preparing the flash report that involves reconciling the Job In Progress data and the P&L and share it with the senior accountants. preparing month-end journals, payroll reconciliations, Debtors report and baddebt reports. liaising and communicating with IT department for any IT outsanding issues concerning our CRM system. Working for a revenue generating department, I learned how to use the CRM system for example to check and reconcile jobs to the P&L, my communication skills as well as reconciling skills have improved. We work on a very friendly yet professional environment, we make sure the team as a whole is working towards the same goal, help and support is always provided no matter what your level in the team is. To tell the truth I can't think of any hard part of my job apart from IT issues. I love my job and I love my team too, we're like a big family, if not for my personal circumstances I wouldn't change them for the world. preparing the packs and getting all the positive feedback from operations I think is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Study Support
Cons
N/a
Typical Day At Work: Morning Brief with team, good for building relationships and establishing team goals. Then rest of the day following the agreed goals. What you learnt: Technical knowledge and how to explain it to people. Management: Mixed Work Place Culture: Friendly but also competitive. The Hardest Part Of The Job: Being adaptive, regulations & objectives can change at any point during the day, meaning your weeks plans of action now need to be re-evaluated . The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job: The ongoing training you will pick up new skills who ever you are.
Pros
Training
Cons
Expected to do overtime to cover any sort fall
A really great Incentive scheme. On an average day I was expected to complete 7 to 9 jobs a day. My Incentive would cover each job individually, after completing each job I would charge the company a certain price per job. I would be given a day rate if work isn't available for me. I had a great and fun working experience with my fellow work colleagues.
Pros
A great incentive scheme.
Cons
Poor scheduling.
a typical day at work was enjoyable and mainly rewarding depending on what job we were on. I learned quite a few things with this company. Jointing of lv and hv cables Street lighting. Maintaining the hv equipment and lv equipment. The management were approachable and helpful to our needs. workplace culture was good the majority of the time. I loved working there.
Pros
wages