UK Power Networks Employee Reviews

Very good company to work for. Health and safety a premium matter.
Fitters Mate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 March 2019
a typical day at work was enjoyable and mainly rewarding depending on what job we were on.

I learned quite a few things with this company. Jointing of lv and hv cables Street lighting. Maintaining the hv equipment and lv equipment.

The management were approachable and helpful to our needs.

workplace culture was good the majority of the time.

I loved working there.
Pros
wages
Excellent Service.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 February 2019
Excellent Service. hey even rang us an hour later to say that a fault in our area was being dealt with --Superb customer service. they take great pride in customer service
Pros
Superb customer service.
one of the best
Customer Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom17 January 2019
Great company, good benefits, solid team. Offer flexible working when required. Competitive salary and advancement opportunities. I managed to work in 3 different departments during my stint with them and I gleaned a lot of industry knowledge.
Applying company to work for
360 excavator operator (Current Employee) –  London6 December 2018
I worked for UKPN under there sister company Powercare this was the worst experience I have ever encountered I was not given chance to advance my pay was constantly under payed and this company make the rules up as they go along you are given no support and if you have complaints the answer you will receive is “ well you know where the door is “ and that you are easily replaced if you don’t want to conform to there wishes
My advice to anyone wishing to persue a careare in UKPN DO NOT !!! apply to the POWER CARE side of it you will regret it
Pros
You get a van that’s it
Cons
Everything else
Good local employer
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk4 November 2018
I was working as a Customer Advisor in a busy Customer call centre. I worked in a team of other Customer advisors taking calls from members of the public regarding Electricity related matters. Data processing, empathy, and working as part of a team were the key features.
Pros
Our senior manager would sometimes buy treats for all the workers.
3 Star company
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London16 October 2018
Generally it is a good place to work, with a positive atmosphere and working environment.

Employees and staff pull together and can deliver brilliant things even in challenging environments

Work life balance in the company is not great.
Pros
Good overall package
People nice to work with
Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 August 2018
What started as a great work environment, changed in later years due to inexperienced management. What was a department run by engineering background people changed to accountant types.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Budgets
All safety no common sence.
Cable jointer (Former Employee) –  Kent17 July 2018
Ukpn have now become a hiring and firing company they have sacked over 400 staff since they took over EDF. The management are too busy chasing long high profile government contracts to please their shareholders ,they talk about work life balance but you are expected to work away from your family with no incentive and if you want to travel every day to the job then your manager is on to you about too much driving.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Empty promises
Great place to work when you have good team
Customer Change Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  London13 July 2018
Working here is fun when you have a good team that work with you and help and support you through each day.

Career development needs to have more of a focus.
Pros
working hours
Cons
no flexabilty
General
Executive Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 May 2018
I worked here for 14 years in a team on the phones, as a team leader then became a PA and EA.

Worked with all levels and was always readily available and willing to help.

I quickly became the go to girl or the one that had all the answers and it made me feel valued and important.
Very high pressured
Extra High Voltage Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex5 March 2018
It soon became, in the last few years, not the role I signed up for. Having taken an apprenticeship from school and after 27 or so years there, it soon became clear lately that it was less about the service and all about the profit.
Pros
Not many, out and about in the field but under pressure all the time.
Cons
The pressure from the new owners.
Productive Workplace
Data & Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 February 2018
Some processes are outdated and do not work with the ongoing transformation process, however in general the company is a productive place to work.

Office flexibility could be improved in order to be more agile.
A truly great place to work!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 February 2018
I have been with the business for nearly 5 years, and I can honestly say there hasn't been a dull day. The pace of work is fast but culture is very relaxed and you are rewarded for hard work.

There is a lot emphasis put on employee engagement and retention of staff. You do have every reason to feel valued and secure in your role.
Exciting and fun place to work
Cable Jointer's Mate (Former Employee) –  London20 January 2018
Exciting and fun place to work. Great training and good team spirit. Challenges including working shifts and restoring supplies during times of inclement weather
Pros
Good prospects
Pay and what you get as a plant fitter
Plant Fitter (Former Employee) –  South East18 January 2018
On call one week on one of. Not fun . Top mangers in bed with suppliers . You well do as I say as no guns on gate point of view . Lots of I did not do that . And it’s your job to do that I’m not trainned to do that and the union rep said I should not do that . Great company uk power . But powercare don’t touch . All about making top brass look great they don’t care about the man on the grind
Pros
Cons
New job better company
Pressure management - Unfair targets
Various Roles (Current Employee) –  LPN15 November 2017
Since transformation the company is completely different, you are pitted against your colleagues performances and quickly judged as unproductive or poor regardless of individual variables or factors, even health, no genuine support, borderline bullying.

Pressure managment has seen me go from motivated and loving my job to unmotivated and depressed.

Ofgem put financial pressure on the company as a whole, but the company respond with outdated pressure tactics that promote and perpetuate poor safety and well-being.

Such a shame.
Pros
Opurtnity to progress and train
Cons
Management bullying and pressure tactics.
Friendly place to work
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk14 November 2017
A typical day would be to work as part of team dealing with incoming and outgoing calls in a very busy environment where people are likely to be upset and stressed.
I recognised the importance to listen to each person and deal with on an individual basis from someone who was vulnerable and needed extra support to provide the good customer service expected.
I enjoyed working as part of a team, there was always something new to learn to be able to meet customer expectations.
Pros
friendly call centre. approachable managers
Great career opportunuties
Trainee Engineer (Current Employee) –  Camden, Greater London6 November 2017
I have enjoyed working here for 5 years and my career has improved alot with the help of UK power Networks. Management generally is great and approachable
Productive place to work where you feel you're making a difference.
Interview Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex15 August 2017
The culture is excellent and people centric, all employees are self driven in a positive way by the culture and ethos of the management all the way up to the CEO. The opportunities for progression and development are set out clearly, with a focus on personal attributes and interests within the company.
Pros
Personal development and career progression
Cons
Great place to work. Brilliant people
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 August 2017
I have been working here for approx. 2 months and I have to say so far the experience has been brilliant.
Colleagues are great to work with day to day and have been welcoming from the start. Probably the best management i've had in my career so far.
The company itself is great and takes care of you. Good benefits and salary.
I don't really have much to complain about so far.
Pros
great work life balance, benefits, colleagues and management
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UK Power Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

UK Power Networks Reviews by Location