UK Power Networks Employee Reviews

All safety no common sence.
Cable jointer (Former Employee) –  Kent17 July 2018
Ukpn have now become a hiring and firing company they have sacked over 400 staff since they took over EDF. The management are too busy chasing long high profile government contracts to please their shareholders ,they talk about work life balance but you are expected to work away from your family with no incentive and if you want to travel every day to the job then your manager is on to you about too much driving.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Empty promises
General
Executive Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 May 2018
I worked here for 14 years in a team on the phones, as a team leader then became a PA and EA.

Worked with all levels and was always readily available and willing to help.

I quickly became the go to girl or the one that had all the answers and it made me feel valued and important.
Very high pressured
Extra High Voltage Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex5 March 2018
It soon became, in the last few years, not the role I signed up for. Having taken an apprenticeship from school and after 27 or so years there, it soon became clear lately that it was less about the service and all about the profit.
Pros
Not many, out and about in the field but under pressure all the time.
Cons
The pressure from the new owners.
Productive Workplace
Data & Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 February 2018
Some processes are outdated and do not work with the ongoing transformation process, however in general the company is a productive place to work.

Office flexibility could be improved in order to be more agile.
A truly great place to work!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 February 2018
I have been with the business for nearly 5 years, and I can honestly say there hasn't been a dull day. The pace of work is fast but culture is very relaxed and you are rewarded for hard work.

There is a lot emphasis put on employee engagement and retention of staff. You do have every reason to feel valued and secure in your role.
Exciting and fun place to work
Cable Jointer's Mate (Former Employee) –  London20 January 2018
Exciting and fun place to work. Great training and good team spirit. Challenges including working shifts and restoring supplies during times of inclement weather
Pros
Good prospects
Pay and what you get as a plant fitter
Plant Fitter (Former Employee) –  South East18 January 2018
On call one week on one of. Not fun . Top mangers in bed with suppliers . You well do as I say as no guns on gate point of view . Lots of I did not do that . And it’s your job to do that I’m not trainned to do that and the union rep said I should not do that . Great company uk power . But powercare don’t touch . All about making top brass look great they don’t care about the man on the grind
Pros
Cons
New job better company
Pressure management - Unfair targets
Various Roles (Current Employee) –  LPN15 November 2017
Since transformation the company is completely different, you are pitted against your colleagues performances and quickly judged as unproductive or poor regardless of individual variables or factors, even health, no genuine support, borderline bullying.

Pressure managment has seen me go from motivated and loving my job to unmotivated and depressed.

Ofgem put financial pressure on the company as a whole, but the company respond with outdated pressure tactics that promote and perpetuate poor safety and well-being.

Such a shame.
Pros
Opurtnity to progress and train
Cons
Management bullying and pressure tactics.
Friendly place to work
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk14 November 2017
A typical day would be to work as part of team dealing with incoming and outgoing calls in a very busy environment where people are likely to be upset and stressed.
I recognised the importance to listen to each person and deal with on an individual basis from someone who was vulnerable and needed extra support to provide the good customer service expected.
I enjoyed working as part of a team, there was always something new to learn to be able to meet customer expectations.
Pros
friendly call centre. approachable managers
Great career opportunuties
Trainee Engineer (Current Employee) –  Camden, Greater London6 November 2017
I have enjoyed working here for 5 years and my career has improved alot with the help of UK power Networks. Management generally is great and approachable
Productive place to work where you feel you're making a difference.
Interview Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex15 August 2017
The culture is excellent and people centric, all employees are self driven in a positive way by the culture and ethos of the management all the way up to the CEO. The opportunities for progression and development are set out clearly, with a focus on personal attributes and interests within the company.
Pros
Personal development and career progression
Cons
Great place to work. Brilliant people
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 August 2017
I have been working here for approx. 2 months and I have to say so far the experience has been brilliant.
Colleagues are great to work with day to day and have been welcoming from the start. Probably the best management i've had in my career so far.
The company itself is great and takes care of you. Good benefits and salary.
I don't really have much to complain about so far.
Pros
great work life balance, benefits, colleagues and management
Cons
N/a
Fantastic place to work.
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich26 May 2017
I was here for a little while and everyone from the CEO to the cleaners were fantastic people to know and work with. The work was in the electricity distributor sector. The training was great and the benefits and pay was fantastic.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Good oportunity to learn and develop.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 January 2017
Like most places of work, there are good and bad days.
However, the opportunity to learn and develop is available for those who are eager and show initiative. There are great individuals who make work more enjoyable. Meeting a lot of different people was interesting. Overall I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good development opportunity.
Cons
Staff shortage.
Great work atmosphere
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk19 January 2017
This company are good at what they do, i very much enjoyed working for this company for the short while i did. This company have some great benifits for the staff.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Late Shifts
Ukpn
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Potters Bar2 January 2017
A typical day working in this office is hard as the environment is not great. We are all squashed together to maximise space and as such morale is not good. Management is poor and non responsive to most things. Like all co workers some are great some are not. The hours and salary is good.
Employed through an agency so Beware!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ipswich16 October 2016
Employ you through an agency so the first little mistake your out the door. People that work there are great people but the management is a different story.
Cable Jointer
Attendant (Current Employee) –  London7 August 2016
working in the electrical industry as a cable jointer. Past months has seen a promotion into design technician.
used to be good...
Benchmarking analyst (Current Employee) –  crawley/ london13 July 2016
well, UKPN has changed a lot and unfortunately for the last 2 years we have lost 60% more people than we did withing previous 5yrs...
Pros
well established business with no risk if liquidation
Cons
staff utilisation is 110% with little work-life balance, no opportunities for development
Fantastic management, staff perks and positive environment
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich1 July 2016
During my time with UKPN I enjoyed every aspect of the job from training until the day I left. The position was temporary and I was offered a permanent role but declined as I was planning to relocate to the United States at the time. Excellent environment to work in, positive members of staff, competitive salary and bonuses with overtime always available and multiple company perks such as the opportunity to travel abroad to corporate events.
Pros
Fantastic management, free lunches and dinners, fresh fruit in the office daily, paid travel opportunities
Cons
Long hours, difficult clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UK Power Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

UK Power Networks Reviews by Location