UK Ministry of Defence Employee Reviews for Soldier

Productive yet challenging working environment.
Private Soldier (Former Employee) –  Wales13 November 2018
Daily work routine consists of morning fitness followed by lessons. Every day is a new learning experience accompanied by its own challenges, depending on your specific role chosen within the military. The Army has a positive working environment whilst surrounded by like minded individuals. There are opportunities for promotion provided that individuals are keen and willing to take on extra responsibilities.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
A lot of time spent away from home.
productive and fun workplace
Soldier (Former Employee) –  UK16 January 2018
There is not a lot I can say that would be relevant to todays Army. So much has changed , I mean I left thirteen years ago. in my honest opinion a summary would not be valid.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Good
Soldier/Team-leader (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh25 August 2017
They are very good to their employees. There are bad managers but the good ones when you get in touch with them, you will love the job. It was a fun to work with Ministry of Defence.
Pros
Good holiday package
Awful place organisation
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Warminster, Wiltshire24 February 2017
I served in the army and it was the worst decision I and many others have made, it is absolutely awful how soldiers are treat, with constant pay cuts and extortionate tax, people are basically working for pennies
Cons
Long hours, no recognition, no free time, old unsafe kit, outdated technology, a rank structure that doesn't care
Fantastic career opportunities
soldier and administrator (Former Employee) –  Winchester, ENG3 November 2014
Responsible for executing assistance to the Adjutant General Corps. Skills and training gained while at Army Training Regiment Winchester entailed Drill, First aid, Map reading, Field craft, Skill at Arms and Nuclear, Biological and Chemical warfare defence. My conduct and performance was exemplary while attending ATR Winchester. I gained extensive knowledge in Army basic training as a soldier and administrator for the Ministry of Defence. This position not only allowed me to carry out administration of the highest standards but also build my personal performance skills which are unquestionably second to none. (medical discharge).
productive and inspirational
Combat Soldier/Tank Crewman (Former Employee) –  London10 May 2014
A typical day at work would never be the same as any other day, as we were required to participate in a variety of different activities and tasks. I have learnt a lot of life long skills, such as, working under pressure, making vital decisions and using my own initiative. The hardest part of my previous job, would be, making crucial sacrifices, however it is most enjoyable as you work alongside a team and make lifelong friends.
Pros
Free training and qualifications