UK Ministry of Defence Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Worthwhile employment with excellent work colleagues and opportunities
RN, Army & RAF (Former Employee) –  Upavon, ENG3 March 2015
A typical day meant that from one day to the next was a different challenge. It was not always a joy, but it did prepare you well for different challenges.

I learned about working in different countries how their cultures differed and their ethos to work

Management styles varied, some good and some bad which I believe enabled me to cherry pick I think, the best of those styles I was exposed to.

My co workers was one of the better facets of working for the MOD, you received many opportunities to work with some really inspired and creative people and to mentor people new to your team.

The hardest part of the job was influencing people, as they tend to be set in their ways, especially if they outrank you, but there in line the challenge.

The most important part of the job was not just getting the job done, but building lasting and meaningful relationships with my co workers, not only at work, but socially and during team building sessions and the realisation that they are there to support you, as much as you are there to support them.
Pros
Flexibllity
Cons
Long and sometimes anti social hours