UK Ministry of Defence Employee Reviews for Police Sergeant

diverse opportunities throughout my career
Police Sergeant (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire, London , Scotland29 August 2017
Throughout my career I have served in Scotland, England and Northern Ireland which included both uniform operational duties and CID . I have gained academic development through police funding including my IOSH qualification. Working in a professional and disciplined environment has made the experience rewarding.
Shift work has been the hardest part of the job trying to maintain a work/life balance with twelve hour shifts.
I have enjoyed the experience and diversity of the colleagues I have worked with over the years.
Pros
Responsibility and variety
Cons
Extended geographical work locations
Part of team. Great job satisfaction.
Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Marlow buckinghamshire23 December 2013
I worked as a Sergeant instructor at the Training school, training new recruits. I specialised in child protection and sexual offences, learning many aspects and attending units dealing with offences.

I was promoted at the age of 23 to Sergeant and passed the promotion exams and promotion boards to Inspector, before leaving to have a family.
Pros
Excellent rates of pay including overtime. Felt part of a team.
Cons
No cons