UK Ministry of Defence

UK Ministry of Defence Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant10 reviews
United Kingdom10 reviews
Really good experience and better communication standards, learn to adapt to the environment and learn more things everyday.

The hardest part is the maintenance like you have been given a job but you not qualified to do it and less manpower in the working environment
Pros
pay as you dine
Cons
extra long hours depending on number of workforce
friendly environment in some departments other departments not so friendly.

good pension schemes

working hours between 7am - 7pm

work load can be stressful.
I lived in an ideal location to this workplace so I could walk everyday. The office had a great frinedly vibe to it and everyone got along and helped each other.
A typical day would involve providing admin support for Office Manager and technical grades. Ensuring all filing is kept up to date, Ensuring there is adequate stationery in the 3 offices I covered.
Typing letters, memos and other general admin duties.

I learned the importance of confidentiality due to the nature of the post.

The management consisted of various grades from Admin Assistant up to Chief Executive Officer.

Workplace culture was a relaxed working environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was job satisfaction by seeing a good job well done.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
Not reaching the desired payscale due to goal posts being moved
A difficult organisation to get into with strict vetting and several interviews. Very good opportunities. Staff development high on their list. Friendly people to work with.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
None that /i can think of
My job was very busy and demanding but enjoyable. I enjoyed communicating with my customers both within the ministry of defence and with outside industries, I often dealt with urgent operational deficiencies alongside routine workloads. I always obtain a resolution to a problem no matter how difficult it could become. I enjoy working effectively with my co-workers sometimes working as a team to resolve an issue. The hardest part of the job is leaving a problem at work and not taking it home. I have gained various skills that allows me to adapt to different working situations and to complete all my work to a high standard;
A typical working day is busy but sometime can be farely hectic. I was lucky to be able to Work with friendly helpful colleagues and have an encouraging and supportive Manager.. Hardest part of the job is leaving friends behind when moving to another job. The most enjoyable part is feeling satisfaction of completing a job and being appreciated by my Manager. My biggest achievement was learning to use a computer and IT equipment.
Pros
Pension Scheme and good holidays
Cons
Travel - The high fares and length of the journey to and from work
great place to work but can be left out sometimes as it is a military work place i learned a lot from my co workers management was ok
my main part of the day was doing admin work which i liked no part of my job did i find hard all my work was enjoyable and loved doing the entry test with all the applicants for joining the RAF and talking to all military staff and what they been doing since joining the forces
Pros
excerlent rate of pay
Cons
having to take voluntry redundancy
This was an enjoyable place to work. It was hard working but a very relaxed atmosphere. The management were excellent and friendly. My co-workers were really easy to get on with
Pros
free gym use, excellent holiday package, flexible working hours.
Cons
average pay
My typical day at work involves:
Preparing important documents in a timely and secure fashion.

Sending out documents to other government buildings using the set preparation instructions and being very vigilant in what can go in and out of the building.

Franking mail for the post.

Dealing with all the internal mail and ensuring documents get to their destination quickly.

Receiving documents from government buildings and routing them to the correct person in our building.

Attending meetings and writing minutes to pass on to the rest of the team.

Helping out other departments that are short staffed and require extra help.

Change jobs last minute if other important work arises.

I have learnt how to multi-task and work efficiently to deadlines.

The management were fairly difficult to work with at times as they are very set in their ways and have no room for change.

My co workers are very easy to get along with and we are all very good friends.

The hardest part is working with the management as they are very controlling and seem to dislike when you put forward ideas, even if they are to better a situation. Also there is no room to develop further or gain promotion.

The most enjoyable part is the friends that i have made.
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
low salary and expensive travel
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UK Ministry of Defence. Our community is ready to answer.
UK Ministry of Defence Reviews by Location