UK Ministry of Defence Employee Reviews in Sutton Coldfield

3.8Job Security & Advancement
DIO - think twice
Heo (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands16 April 2018
Job differed to what was stated in ad (apparently this is a common occurrence from speaking to other staff) and really poor as I never would have accepted the job. They struggle to get employees in so make job ads attractive - BEWARE!
Training on job ad not provided and limited from training due to over expenditure on budgets
Poor direction and guidance from clueless senior management who are sitting around waiting for retirement and their pensions
Little or no training which was stressful
Progression in my team was based on who management liked vs skills and attributes & limited opportunity for progression
Poor management behaviours and very outdated style of management - not leadership in any sense
Toxic working environment and high levels of micromanagement
Slow paced and boring
The worst CS department I have worked in yo date
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
MoD - Many Agencies be careful.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands10 January 2017
Be careful when you read "rave" reviews about the MoD , however there are many agencies of this organisation. I worked for over 15 years for the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO), please be aware that the organisation is very poitical and not all but much of senior management is extremely poor: lacking in backbone and in general lacking in leadership/guidance. Over the years I witnessed many staff members leave owing to these reasons. DIO also had very low credibility with othe agencies within the MoD.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance and pension benefits.
Cons
Lack of leadership