UK Ministry of Defence Employee Reviews in Salisbury

Enjoyable
3D Modeller (Former Employee) –  Salisbury7 December 2017
Enjoyable but hard work. A good challenge as part of a project at college where I studied Games Development. Great opportunity for work experience....
My Life
CSO3 Group Manager D Band (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, ENG29 October 2014
I have worked in a variety of jobs since leaving school at 16. I spent 2 years as a Police Cadet in the city of Glasgow Police and attended Barmulloch and Paisley Colleges in regard to Law and social studies. I worked also within communities in England at residential care homes for teenage children, during my time with that police force.
I joined the army at 18 and volunteered for Parachute Selection and passed P Coy and was posted to the 7th Parachute Regiment Royal Horse Artillery. I was sent directly to Newry South Armagh in Northern Ireland. I later completed a subsequent 3 tours of N.I. in various capacities and roles as an Internal Security soldier. I travelled all over the world as part of 16 Independent Parachute Brigade. I did 3 tours of duty in Osnabruck West Germany, a short detached tour with the Regiment De L’Instruction Legion Etrangere in Castelnaudery as an instructor. In 1982 I was part of the artillery Forward Observation Officers Party attached to A Coy 2 Para.
I left the army in 1992 and became a civil servant working for the Ministry of Defence as a civilian security officer. I set up and established 2 dog units for the Ministry of Defence Guard Service in Bulford and Tidworth Garrisons. They were the only MOD established overt/ (aggressive patrolling outside the wire) units in the MOD using PAT dogs (Patrol Arm True).
In 2010-11 in conjunction with Sarn’t major B. Hurcombe (M.I.) Personnel Rehabilitation and Recovery unit located at Tedworth House (Help 4 Heroes) established the roles and duties of the MGS detachment responsible for the security. I
  more... was the line manager and MOD point of contact for the static security element’s located and associated with Tedworth House. I maintained this role until I left to assume full responsibility for the static unarmed guarding of both Dstl Porton Down and the DNBRC (Defence Nuclear Biological Radiological and Chemical) establishment at Winterbourne Gunner.
I took early release from the MOD due to personal reasons and am currently living unattached in Tidworth Wiltshire. I have 2 teenage children who live with their mother in Amesbury Wiltshire and visit me during the odd weekend and holidays. I currently spend my time writing poetry of which some have been published.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
having such NOT great people as bosses
A very enjoyable time spent whilst in the Army
HR Pay & Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, ENG16 August 2013
Since been in the army in 2002, I have learnt so much. New culture, new organisation and a new career. Since my 10 yrs with the army, I have met some really good friends and colleagues, and I have worked in places as part of the job. As a HR, you are a soldier first and your job second. So, there is always alot needed from us.

I have enjoyed my time in the army, and I would like to work with them in the near future.