UK Ministry of Defence Employee Reviews in Liverpool

Service desk
Service Desk Analyst, Amey (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG2 October 2014
The contract that I work on is due to finish later this year, so management removed everyone from the desk that I work on to work on other contracts, so we have nobody that knows the contract and the bespoke systems that are used. I have been there for less than two months and am the longest serving analyst on our desk. I really do not understand how you can run a service desk with all new staff. Other resolver teams are very unhelpful. The call logging system was upgraded three weeks ago, but because nobody is interested in the contract I work on it was not tested on our network and now does not work, so we have had no call logging system for three weeks. Management's workaround is to provide two laptops which connect to the other network that the call logging system was tested on for five of us (one has keys missing from the keyboard), and we are still expected to do our job as normal.
Pros
It is near Speke retail park
Cons