UK Ministry of Defence Employee Reviews in High Wycombe

3.8Job Security & Advancement
Supportive and good team culture
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe10 March 2014
A typical day at work would be organising my days work so I knew what I had to do on that day and any deadlines I had to meet; taking phone calls and dealing with any queries that arised. Having had 3 jobs within the MOD I learnt about the 3 different areas, what they did and how they were connected in the overall MOD. I worked with staff at all levels who supported me in everyway from work related issues to issues outside of work. The hardest part of the jobs was adapting to the continual changes within the MOD and the most enjoyable part of the jobs was working with friendly and supportive colleagues.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Travel to work
Safe but unchallenging
Logistics Operational Assurance Role in the RAF (Former Employee) –  HQ Air Command, RAF High Wycombe, Bucks29 January 2013
My comments above do not reflect my thoughts on the Civil Service as an employer, its aimed at the way the RAF and Services in general are being "managed" at Goverment level.
It is very frustrating when you have spent nearly 3 years attempting to follow a guideline setup by the CinC but never actually managing it. This is due largely to the confusion and lack of engagement within areas of the RAF and nobody actually saying "make this happen".
I enjoyed the security but for me I need a new challenge as I can only foresee life in the CS getting worse.
Pros
good salary
Cons
lack of engagement.