UK Ministry of Defence Employee Reviews in Glasgow

MOD Police
Police Constbale (Former Employee) –  Glasgow20 February 2019
A workplace which is very institutionalised and reluctant to change.

Senior Managment Chief Inspector and above locally very incompetent and self serving. No care for welfare of basic bobby.

Local management, Sergeant and Inspector predominantly very commendable.

Career progression opportunities are available. But, please be aware it is an incredibly tedious job, with very little challenges and most of a working shift can be spent idle and with little to challenge the mind.

Retirement age is also 67, which is ludicrous to expect a 66 year old to bear body armour and firearms and competently complete Authorised Firearms Officer training as detailed by College of Policing.
Pros
Good local management, opportunities to progress/specialise
Cons
Poor senior management, tedious work, little challenge and institutionally adverse to change.
Some people are fun and helpful
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT29 March 2014
work is varied and used to be challenging and fun
a lot of the people in the building I work in, of various ranks, are really good to work with and try to be as helpful as they can
unfortunately my current situation and relationship with my direct management are not good
other management are easier to work with and for
I used to really enjoy my job, the variety of tasks was always challenging. My closest co-workers are good people and we all try to help each other as best we can
Great job
MoD Guard (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT17 February 2014
The job could be mundane as it was security duties and driving but mainly security . There was a great team of people which made it a very enjoyable place to be . The stores delivery side of the job was great fun , working along side military people and civilians , who have a crazy but fun sense of humour . The hardest part of the job was long hours every week , plus even longer hours as i very often covered for work mates who were either on holiday or off on sick leave .
Pros
Because of the long hours the pay was great . I worked beside some brilliant people .
Cons
Very long hours .
See below
Civil Servant (HR) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT15 January 2014
Good government dept to work for, many benefits and flexible working
Pros
Flexi time
Great experience
Student Placement - HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow18 April 2013
Co-workers friendly and approachable.
Hardest part - learning about the structure of Army.
Most enjoyable - learning about HR in the Army.
What I learned - how HR in the Army works.
Typical day - doing lots of research!
Management - friendly and down-to-earth.
Pros
working environment
Cons
office work
Varied and interesting workplace
Deputy Team Leader/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 September 2012
A typical day would begin with figures/stats from previous day being processed for submission to Supervisors , printing off worklists for day and splitting into sheets for individual colleagues to process throughout the day , prioritising which were to be dealt with urgently.
I learned how to prioritise workloads effectively in order for deadlines to be met , as set by client and also how to deal with staff on more personal issues they might have.
Management of colleagues attendance/sickness and general monitoring of workloads on a daily basis.
Deadlines were set for all queries and work had to be completed in a timely and efficient manner , however there was always a great sense of achievement on helping Personnel with issues and queries and ensuring they were happy with outcome.