UK Mail Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham16 May 2018
Unloading and loading trailers. Some computer work. Hardest part of the job is the late hours, not much social life. Best part is the people I work with.
Cons
Late nights
Worst company I ever worked for
Collections and delivery (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk9 May 2018
Works out less than minimum wage
Management abrupt and just about money they make
Never an early day you will have collections added every day and talked to like rubbish!!
Expect 5am until 7pm everyday for £250 a week
Fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire16 April 2018
This place is good to work for but when the job is done they don’t need you any more not allways full time work, the hours are good when the time of year is good closer to Christmas
Pros
A lot of breaks
Cons
Long hard hours when sort is in
Horrible night management and poor staff morale
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire11 April 2018
Horrible night management. Lies and back stabbing. Always short staffed for agency to come. Higher wage and do less. Not nice environment. Uk jail rather than uk mail.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Long hours poor pay horrible environment
Shocking company to work for!
Client Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Midlands11 April 2018
I worked for this company for 3 years. Started off in a small team which grew and grew until UK Mail decided that one person could probably manage the job of 12 and sacked everyone...apart from me.

How flattering you might think? but no, they didn't consult me on this, I just inherited the work without any question. Im a hard worker so I did it without argument until the workload started to increase and before I knew it I was doing the job that was worthy of around 20 people and I couldn't handle it.

I was stunted with progression for the same reason because they didn't want to have to find someone else to do the work I do.
They sacked my manager and never replaced them. I had to report to an out of hours manager who I only saw in passing rarely.

You get by if your face fits here. If you are a yes person and have no care for the actual customers.

Training is poor.
Pay is below average
Rewards are non-existent (unless you're higher management)
Not even a christmas Party folks.
You might get a branded pen or coaster if you're lucky but remember, your face needs to fit.

Bullying is terrible and never investigated. You will never get any thanks for your hard work and the job security is non existent.
Pros
Cons
no job security, no reward, no progression, bad pay
Shocking place to work
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire5 April 2018
A typical day at uk mail being bullied and humiliated would sum it up.You learn very quickly that horrible nasty people do walk the earth unfortunatley they are the managers.If you are not mentally strong this company will crush your very soul compassion is a word they don't believe in.If you like working for poor wages being bullied told you are thick long hours no chance of promotion unless you sell your soul to the devil this is your chance for glory otherwise don't do it
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Hard job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Ryton on Dunsmore, Warwickshire4 April 2018
The job is very hard but the people in the factory is very friendly and i can say i didn't feel the hard job. But i work there 2 years and it's enough for me and my back.
Pros
Car park
Cons
Bad salary
very productive place
Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 April 2018
once you've learned the route you'll have possibility to earn more money.hardest part of the job it's when you loosing time in the depot,because they don't manage the cages
Pros
good money
Cons
management
What a joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 April 2018
Worked for UK mail for 5 months. Biggest mistake of life .management don't care don't bother asking them anything as they turn round and say I'm busy. The last shift manges are just the same .
Backward company run by back people I'll avoid at all costs .
Family orrientated
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Tewkesbury21 March 2018
UK Mail is specail to me as it is owned by a family member. I haver always wanted to work with them and aloing side them but once i got the oppurtunity to do so it was really enjoyable.
interesting place to work something new everyday
Temp to perm (Current Employee) –  Kingswinford, Staffordshire16 March 2018
there is a lot to do in a day , very busy non stop ,but nice people that work there , you get to get all kinds of people and see how mail gets moved from depot to depot.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
work late
Enjoyed my time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Swansea,carmarthenshire8 March 2018
Enjoyed my time with UK mail out in my own van as my own boss enjoyed meeting customers from all walks of life relying on my delivery also enjoyed playing father Christmas on 24th December
Pros
Customer satisfaction
Cons
Early starts
Friendly environment
Customer Service Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 February 2018
Good place to work, very friendly and was a great first job:

local
Family run business
welcoming people
overall great place to work.
No hard parts straight forward
made lis of friends
Pros
Thought me a lot
Great Place To Work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Gildersome27 February 2018
Friendly team members and goods working hours. Opportunity to grow and learn new skills with course's offered in different accept of the business to help employees progress
Pros
Bonus scheme
Cons
Poor facilities
Reliable compny
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Trafford22 February 2018
Great, reliable company, great staff, no complains on payment, personally I have never had any problems, just left the company to experience new areas.
Good while it lasted
Customer Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Leicester16 February 2018
Office was shut due to downsizing of customer service centers. Job was good, chasing consignments out for delivery, missing items. Booking collections.
Pros
Good pay and good environment
Cons
Short lived
enjoy driving
Self Employed Courier (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City12 February 2018
The job is very unpredictable and not guarenteed to be giving work every day. On a positive note the driving side of the job is mainly what i enjoy. Hardest part of the job is not knowing if and when i would get any work.
Pros
out on the road
Cons
unbredictability
no man management
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Aldershot, Hampshire8 February 2018
treat people badly..case of if your face fits..very petty with long hours and poor wages.work mates were great but supervisor and management are only interested in making their own life easy and not talking/listerning to employees needs
Pros
close to home
toxic, unfulfilling and staffed by thugs and louts.
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Stafford7 February 2018
One of the most unpleasant jobs I've had the misfortune to experiencing. Only worth enduring while seeking better employment. Problems are additionally compounded by the likely mishandling of paid hours and lack of communication with the agencies that partner with them.
Pros
water dispenser
Cons
unpleasant, cliqueish and hostile employees
stressfull
Owner Driver (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire7 February 2018
Uk mail is a terrible company to work for, they expect you to go out wit 100+ deliveries with no or very little help.
You have to supply your own van, fuel & ins.
no sick pay or holiday pay and you get charged for having a day off.
Pros
Cons
long hours, under pressure