UK Mail Employee Reviews

Keep away!
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 September 2018
If you are looking for good work environment and helpful so this is not the place you are looking for!
Heavy stuff you have to carry and loading every morning,it’s between 10-50kg!
You have to get at the depot around 6am and you’ll be ready to go at 9am(if you know your job)!
No GPS providing, you should use your own google map to get your destinations!
Long hours, if you are lucky you can finish around 6pm! So can you imagine 12hours work for low income!!
Cons
Long hours-heavy parcels-Rubbish service trackers
Pressure and more pressure
Multi Drop Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian5 September 2018
Worked as a multi drop driver for 3 months. All they care about is getting you out the door with a van load of parcels.constant calls from office add more collection calls.
Pros
Non
Fun workplace
none (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham29 August 2018
It was a good place to work I would go back at any time and it was a safe Warehouse and the people that work there are help full and very nice at all times that's what you need a a work place
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Early starts
Stay away
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Ryton on Dunsmore, Warwickshire23 August 2018
Horrible place to work. Stay away!
Bully’s, no progression. If you don’t conform you’re out!
HR are particularly bad. No support and a lot of back stabbing and telling tales to trip each other up.
Pros
Cons
Everything particularly management.
Glad to leave
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 August 2018
If you're a yes man and don't mind been talk to like dirt by managers then this will be ok for you. Given no respect and nothing ever gets done if you complain.My advice would be stay well away you don't deserve to be treated that way..
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Managers that disrespect you.
Poor place to work
LG’s driver (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire19 August 2018
Stay clear don’t tell you anything agency chap had to show me money poor and they expect you to do warehouse work and drive
Management never speak to and people tell porkies
Hard work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire14 August 2018
I have small payee and very hard work. They need very fast work and lift many kgs, this was a long time, maybe now have to change.
Never I coming back there.
Cons
hard work and heavy box
Disorganised
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire30 July 2018
Long hours appalling wages
I get there for 6am and I don't get finished sometimes till after 6pm it works out at £5ph
Long days and your required to do so many drops in a hour
Staff are really nice and friendly
Customers can be very rude
Pros
25p coffee machine
Hard work, Low pay
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 July 2018
Uk mail depot, it very hard work, with minimum wage. Very unsociable hours with very little break.
It is a physically demanding jump and will require on to be very fit.
productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 July 2018
Delivers products, goods and parcels safely and efficient to designated location within set timeframe. Ensures proper handling and delivery of sensitive materials with authorisation if necessary and deliver high standards of customer care.

Want to know more about UK Mail?

Ask a question
very help place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne2 July 2018
good group of people all round great fun all ways happy to help you move forwards with traning of different things from manual labour to traning of machinery
poor management and very low wage
wharehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London21 June 2018
I have worked UK Mail as warehouse operative and It is the busiest and hardest job that I have done. Very low wage and poor management. very bad service for the staff.
Pros
Very bad service for the staff
Cons
Very long hours shifts and one short break-time
night shift working
Counterbalance Operator (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury13 June 2018
i worked here during the night shift and found it very demanding and physically hard. its amazing some of the items people post, some nights would be easy small stuff but others could be as big as sofas and full double beds
Amazing Staff and Team
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea12 June 2018
The Management are fantastic to work and we have an amazing team, its a very busy office but in a good way time goes quick! The hardest part I would say is answering prosper (queries all over the uk) in a space of an hour to solve each problem, when you have to deal with your other duties, it sometimes can be pressure but other than that they are great to work for. although the hours I work and the job duties I do my pay is low.
Pros
no pros
Cons
pay
Every day routine
Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 June 2018
Staff brief, look after operation in designated area inbound/outbound) in cooperation with the other managers insuring KPIs are met
Staff training and developing
Conducting RTW, Induction, Absence monitoring, Informal disciplinary meetings, PIP
Reporting equipment defects
Pros
Early finish when sortation completed
Cons
Can be very challenging at the festive periods of the year
ok
senior night manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford29 May 2018
ok place sometimes, others want to break rules all the time, no one wants to listen to you area managers and directors never have a clue only about money never talk to the works not good enough
Pros
warehouse guy great /drivers and trunk drivers/some operations are good people
working day
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London28 May 2018
A typical working day starts at around 5 am and probably you would be looking to finish around 6 pm.
- Learned to work independently
- Working as a team when in the depot and on the road as we hard to be in touch.
- Gained confidence as on many occasions we I had challenging customers and I had to deal with them to make sure they are happy.
- improved communication skills
Pros
The money was Good and having to be the face of the company was great
Cons
long hours especially between Nov - Jan. and lack of appreciation from management
verey good work places
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Rotherham24 May 2018
the work was good alround enjoyed meeting new people also the management help us if we need it i learned puting things where they needed to be has well.
Pros
it was good
Cons
the hours was good for me
Worst place ever
Everywhere (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 May 2018
I worked here for years. A few of the people I had worked with were friendly but they all left before I did. There is alot of backstabbing and the managers DO NOT know how to speak to their employees, they are so arrogant. Once there were 2 supervisors that called an agency worker thick and stupid cause she had a hard time parking her car and if you made a mistake, the managers shout at you infront of the whole office, there is no help, the response usually is "im busy" ..which is a total lie cause they are sitting there having jokes with other team leaders. Half of milton keynes managers need to be demoted or sacked. Its the worst place I have ever worked Operations side is alright, however, the girls in operations are total drama queens, they are foul and love to put other workers down. UK mail dont have no values, no incentives and no regards for other people. I was looking at some of the reviews on this page and were shocked that some were good, they must have been paid to put this on. Also the HR team are just as bad, they take weeks getting back to u if u have an issue! These people need serious training issues, absolutely amazed that DHL joined forces with them, hopefully they can make some changes and show them how to conduct themselves at work. The operation pm supervisor and warehouse manager are absolutely awesome, no issues with them managers whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good place to work.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham16 May 2018
Unloading and loading trailers. Some computer work. Hardest part of the job is the late hours, not much social life. Best part is the people I work with.
Cons
Late nights