UK Mail Employee Reviews

Hard work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire14 August 2018
I have small payee and very hard work. They need very fast work and lift many kgs, this was a long time, maybe now have to change.
Never I coming back there.
Cons
hard work and heavy box
Disorganised
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire30 July 2018
Long hours appalling wages
I get there for 6am and I don't get finished sometimes till after 6pm it works out at £5ph
Long days and your required to do so many drops in a hour
Staff are really nice and friendly
Customers can be very rude
Pros
25p coffee machine
Hard work, Low pay
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 July 2018
Uk mail depot, it very hard work, with minimum wage. Very unsociable hours with very little break.
It is a physically demanding jump and will require on to be very fit.
productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 July 2018
Delivers products, goods and parcels safely and efficient to designated location within set timeframe. Ensures proper handling and delivery of sensitive materials with authorisation if necessary and deliver high standards of customer care.
very help place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne2 July 2018
good group of people all round great fun all ways happy to help you move forwards with traning of different things from manual labour to traning of machinery
poor management and very low wage
wharehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London21 June 2018
I have worked UK Mail as warehouse operative and It is the busiest and hardest job that I have done. Very low wage and poor management. very bad service for the staff.
Pros
Very bad service for the staff
Cons
Very long hours shifts and one short break-time
night shift working
Counterbalance Operator (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury13 June 2018
i worked here during the night shift and found it very demanding and physically hard. its amazing some of the items people post, some nights would be easy small stuff but others could be as big as sofas and full double beds
Amazing Staff and Team
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea12 June 2018
The Management are fantastic to work and we have an amazing team, its a very busy office but in a good way time goes quick! The hardest part I would say is answering prosper (queries all over the uk) in a space of an hour to solve each problem, when you have to deal with your other duties, it sometimes can be pressure but other than that they are great to work for. although the hours I work and the job duties I do my pay is low.
Pros
no pros
Cons
pay
Every day routine
Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 June 2018
Staff brief, look after operation in designated area inbound/outbound) in cooperation with the other managers insuring KPIs are met
Staff training and developing
Conducting RTW, Induction, Absence monitoring, Informal disciplinary meetings, PIP
Reporting equipment defects
Pros
Early finish when sortation completed
Cons
Can be very challenging at the festive periods of the year
ok
senior night manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford29 May 2018
ok place sometimes, others want to break rules all the time, no one wants to listen to you area managers and directors never have a clue only about money never talk to the works not good enough
Pros
warehouse guy great /drivers and trunk drivers/some operations are good people
working day
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London28 May 2018
A typical working day starts at around 5 am and probably you would be looking to finish around 6 pm.
- Learned to work independently
- Working as a team when in the depot and on the road as we hard to be in touch.
- Gained confidence as on many occasions we I had challenging customers and I had to deal with them to make sure they are happy.
- improved communication skills
Pros
The money was Good and having to be the face of the company was great
Cons
long hours especially between Nov - Jan. and lack of appreciation from management
verey good work places
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Rotherham24 May 2018
the work was good alround enjoyed meeting new people also the management help us if we need it i learned puting things where they needed to be has well.
Pros
it was good
Cons
the hours was good for me
Worst place ever
Everywhere (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 May 2018
I worked here for years. A few of the people I had worked with were friendly but they all left before I did. There is alot of backstabbing and the managers DO NOT know how to speak to their employees, they are so arrogant. Once there were 2 supervisors that called an agency worker thick and stupid cause she had a hard time parking her car and if you made a mistake, the managers shout at you infront of the whole office, there is no help, the response usually is "im busy" ..which is a total lie cause they are sitting there having jokes with other team leaders. Half of milton keynes managers need to be demoted or sacked. Its the worst place I have ever worked Operations side is alright, however, the girls in operations are total drama queens, they are foul and love to put other workers down. UK mail dont have no values, no incentives and no regards for other people. I was looking at some of the reviews on this page and were shocked that some were good, they must have been paid to put this on. Also the HR team are just as bad, they take weeks getting back to u if u have an issue! These people need serious training issues, absolutely amazed that DHL joined forces with them, hopefully they can make some changes and show them how to conduct themselves at work. The operation pm supervisor and warehouse manager are absolutely awesome, no issues with them managers whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good place to work.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham16 May 2018
Unloading and loading trailers. Some computer work. Hardest part of the job is the late hours, not much social life. Best part is the people I work with.
Cons
Late nights
Worst company I ever worked for
Collections and delivery (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk9 May 2018
Works out less than minimum wage
Management abrupt and just about money they make
Never an early day you will have collections added every day and talked to like rubbish!!
Expect 5am until 7pm everyday for £250 a week
Cons
Was productive and can be fun
mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear17 April 2018
Uk mail sort center was really good to work for, the mangement and supervisors really helpfull and polite, They put me through my counterbalance which was not internal, the only downside was finishing late on a friday, but a great monday to friday job.
Pros
Can let you be flexible if needed.
Cons
Can be long hours
Fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire16 April 2018
This place is good to work for but when the job is done they don’t need you any more not allways full time work, the hours are good when the time of year is good closer to Christmas
Pros
A lot of breaks
Cons
Long hard hours when sort is in
Horrible night management and poor staff morale
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire11 April 2018
Horrible night management. Lies and back stabbing. Always short staffed for agency to come. Higher wage and do less. Not nice environment. Uk jail rather than uk mail.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Long hours poor pay horrible environment
Shocking company to work for!
Client Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Midlands11 April 2018
I worked for this company for 3 years. Started off in a small team which grew and grew until UK Mail decided that one person could probably manage the job of 12 and sacked everyone...apart from me.

How flattering you might think? but no, they didn't consult me on this, I just inherited the work without any question. Im a hard worker so I did it without argument until the workload started to increase and before I knew it I was doing the job that was worthy of around 20 people and I couldn't handle it.

I was stunted with progression for the same reason because they didn't want to have to find someone else to do the work I do.
They sacked my manager and never replaced them. I had to report to an out of hours manager who I only saw in passing rarely.

You get by if your face fits here. If you are a yes person and have no care for the actual customers.

Training is poor.
Pay is below average
Rewards are non-existent (unless you're higher management)
Not even a christmas Party folks.
You might get a branded pen or coaster if you're lucky but remember, your face needs to fit.

Bullying is terrible and never investigated. You will never get any thanks for your hard work and the job security is non existent.
Pros
Cons
no job security, no reward, no progression, bad pay
Shocking place to work
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire5 April 2018
A typical day at uk mail being bullied and humiliated would sum it up.You learn very quickly that horrible nasty people do walk the earth unfortunatley they are the managers.If you are not mentally strong this company will crush your very soul compassion is a word they don't believe in.If you like working for poor wages being bullied told you are thick long hours no chance of promotion unless you sell your soul to the devil this is your chance for glory otherwise don't do it
Pros
Cons
too many to list