UK Greetings

UK Greetings Employee Reviews

United Kingdom71 reviews
Kind of left to it, not much training no millage either, dont be fooled, they work out your millage and its no where near what you do if you work on a sainsburys you get mo millage at all. Hr don't respond if you have a query and the area manager wants you to do everything for her but when you have a question doesn't bother responding. Otherwise it was OK as you can work what hours suit you.
Pros
Work times you want
Cons
No millage, not enough call time to sort deliveries out sometimes
I work in 1 store and manage myself so I don't have colleagues. For the best experience and money you need to be able to travel with this job to work with others in the team.
Pros
Established company
Cons
Working alone
Fun environment but poor management and not always forward thinking making for a frustrating work place at times. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the great team spirit.
Pros
cheap cards
Cons
low pay
Merchandising cards in stores mainly large supermarkets , it's very physical tiring job moving heavy boxes and crates and large cages of stock , no bonus on your sales , no discount nothing for all your hard work . Contracted hours are down to the bare min so maybe 5 a week but expected to work up to 30 on a season ie Xmas etc Busy from Sept to July so expect any hols then ! it's non stop . Part time job for full time commitment , expect phone calls when you are not working . Don't cover any other stores it's just not worth what they will pay you mileage is pence so doesnt cover the wear and tear on your car. Over all get a cleaning job you will be better off. Awful during Covid no social distancing , fed to the lions . Large number of people leaving I wonder why .
Pros
Cons
on your feet all day Min wage, a lot of responsibility for what you get paid, useless management Heavy lifting, endless stock, work over Xmas .
Not been treated fairly. Alot of favouritism happens here. Have to be rushing for an average. Dont have the opportunity to progress further. Not good at all
Really bad management, no loyalty to employees, if you want to feel worthless then apply.
Minimum wage (which I knew when taking on job) but no travel time when they ask you to help at another store 30 miles away - so if it is only a 90 min call, you are working for less than £7 per hour, with only 26p per mile fuel allowance, using your own private car (in my previous job it was 35p per mile 7 years previous!) and with no thanks.

Merch Manager bullies staff into reducing hours and days with no notice, with staff that have been loyal and working with them for 13 years plus.

I do get satisfaction from full racks and taking pride in the work I achieve but the whole way the company is run is shocking!
I worked for the company for 4 years and gradually they have cut hours & still expect the same workload, it is very stressful at times Xmas & seasonal there is a lot of expectations & very little support. All the company are interested in are sales figures and the employees receive no discounts/bonuses. The job can also be strenuous with lifting boxes.
I worked for company over 10 years ago loved it . Now I’m back enjoy the flexibility, would suit anyone looking to work part time round family life or studies. Your daily routine is tidying card racks , putting out deliveries, installing seasonal stock Motherday, Easter etc which you get over time for . Managers and colleagues are all very supportive . If you enjoy working on your own and are organised this might suit you .There are times you may asked to work as part of a team .
Calling in stores to tidy cards and put orders in. Putting out seasonal cards I. e. Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day etc and maintaining for the duration. Crediting surplus stock.
According to my point of view it was wonderfull experiece for me to with uk greetings staff is good and cooperative environment is good. My job is warehouse operative .i like that job on one side the staff and environment and other side is the facility they gave their staff is good .
A really enjoyable job with lots of flexibility and challenges.
The job allows you to work alone or as part of a team in various locations either locally or further afield.
As a field sales representative I covered the North West area selling greeting cards to independent retailers building customer relationships and meeting targets also prospecting for potential new business. I felt I learnt how to communicate with a variety of independent retailers and knowing how to approach them on their level.
I found the hardest part of the job was knowing I had targets to meet and keeping motivated.
Pros
bonus's
Cons
The summary covers what you need to know. Most days are dull and very, very repetitive. The procedures have been scripted (literally) to the point where creative input is almost frowned upon. Manufacturing was moved from the UK to overseas, management was advised they'd regret the decision. They did.
I worked here when i was home during university, they allowed me to work whenever was convenient for me, so for a part time student job it was ideal.
The job itself I found enjoyable, a sense of freedom and you can do things at your own pace. Also got to visit other stores to merchandise which was great meeting and developing relationships with colleagues in the store visited.

Management were great, always there at the end of the phone if you needed help, and felt more like a friend rather than a manager.

Recommend for part time work, maybe full time opportunities in some areas too- just depends on the hours in demand.
Generally a good place to work, my njob role was skilled and I learned the skills from the supportive team around me long hours but worth it with the pay as I was generally paid well
Pros
great hours
Cons
difficult location to get to
First real job i had, management were very helpful. Enjoyed working there, many different jobs to do. various jobs to do plenty of experience to gain,
Pros
good salary
Cons
hot enviroment
Exceptional skills and knowledge base of all employees. Worked on shifts in Dewsbury for 6 years. Excellent management. Fun place to work. Unfortunately made redundant.
Pros
Excellent wages and shift allowance.
Cons
Shift work.
Good place to work, with opertunities for promotion and movement within departments. A current restructure is making positions reduntant. Lots of scope for developement and training.
Pros
Staff Shop
Cons
staff cuts/ restructure
Enjoyed all my time here nice people and bosses.Nothing bad to say. Good working conditions and rate of pay are fair too. 3 Buildings to work iv'e worked in 2 of them both were equally as good.
Pros
Nice working conditions
Cons
Very friendly company to work for. Encouraged people to contribute to the success of the company. Enjoyed the diversity of the job.
Good location easy secure parking. Good working hours.
Every day is different - staff are friendly and welcoming, the offices are clean and spacious with gorgeous artists work across the walls.

Most enjoyable part of the place is the people and great job satisfaction - the hardest and most worrying is the fact that greeting cards are on the whole, a failing business, so it can sometimes feel like the security of your job is unstable.