Here to help
Coronavirus update

UPS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom444 reviews
I dont know what to right here.
Good job if your physically fit, great pay for the short hours you will do, laid back environment as long as you get on with your graft.
Good bunch of lads you work with.
Pros
the short hours good pay.
Cons
made me feel a bit worthless the way we been treated this pandemic, and they always mess up your overtime.
Decent place to work
*Can be very Busy during peak times in the year.
*Decent pay for the hours you work.

*Good management supervisors and team leaders.

*Friendly work environment.
It's ok
Money is not bad for the type of job, job could not be so hard, but as everybody knows, they will always push you to the limit every single day, it's obviously a profit based company, they don't care about their own employees at all.......ups will do anything to make as much profit as they can on you.
My experience
From experience I worked really hard in my 6 yrs there it was an honour to b part of something different and made some good friends I would recommend if someone preferred to do nights to fit in with their daily lives
No respect
Found you were treated more as a number not a person,
More interested in the package than there staff health and well being,only good thing was the collegues and the customers
Health hazard
Didn't mind working at ups but when the civic 19 outbreak happened they did nothing to protect their employees they waited two weeks before they eventually put posters up to wash your hands it wasn't until they had an inspection that they put markings on the floor to keep your distance there is still no hand sanitizer they have two three or four people unloading one 40ft trailer if they are queried about social distancing the answer is we need to get the volume out to reach targets the drivers have had no sanitisation for both themselves and the vans how they haven't been shut down is beyond me whilst other big companies are looking after their employees they only have thoughts on profits if you query their practices the answer from the district manager demian is your lucky to have a job no point having a job if you end up dying like one of the drivers in london
pay well but mangament was a joke
pay well, no proper career progression for hard workers,
poor work life balance

no consideration for families

no consideration for contracts or overtime
opinion of work
I do not recommend this company, they require a lot at work and pay very little. They cut off working hours !!!!!!
employees in the company are very unpleasant and malicious.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UPS?
Excellent
Enjoyed working for these and is very good place to work for.
Was only festival season work and was great pay loved doing this job and would go back
Excellent
I really enjoyed working at UPS. There is a great culture - work and play hard and enjoy what you do. The people are friendly and supportive and whilst you work hard there is a good relaxed atmosphere. Pay is good and the hiurs i worked were perfect for me.
Your experience may differ from mine but beware
This review is based on my experiences as a training facilitator in Massachusetts. It might be different in other locations and indeed the UK.

Pros, They will hire anybody,

Cons, You must sell your soul

Upwards of 10 people hired weekly with a training team unable to cope effectively. Old facility and equipment, lack of basic safety equipment eg, load stands and injured employees are coerced into taking unpaid leave instead of reporting it properly.

Senior management indifferent to the struggles of their department caring only for meeting unrealistic corporate enforced productivity goals.

Bonuses to employees over complicated and rarely paid on time.
The worst
If your quite new to delivery and collections
Don't expect any help, doesn't exist. Stay away.

Plan your own route, load your own van and late finish, you'll get no appreciation.
Fast pace and stressful
Depending on which shift i was on, day to day work life would involve routine planned maintenance and reactive call outs to breakdowns. Due to the nature of the business any breakdown had to be dealt with as quickly and efficiently to minimize distribution to the operation off the site.
Never paid us right
Was a total waste of time never paid correctly, never had the right equipment never listed too, never had products on days that they said that they would arrive, promise md jobs OJ the inside we never were just total liars if I’m honest would never work for them again .
Pros
Cons
Nothing to do
Barking ups hub
Very nice experience, physical and competitive good shift pattern, very friendly place health and safety was key element. I leaned lot about the UK postcode through sorting parcel
Great company to work for
Fast paced and very enjoyable. Nice to get to know customers on a daily basis and face to face members of the company are very helpful and excellent at training for the job.
Great pay but a very stressful job
A typical day begins at 8.15 and finishes at 18.15. An hour of that is overtime. Days vary according to work loads. Management meeting every morning to make sure you are hitting targets.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Lots of drops and collections.
Working at UPS is a fun productive role
I enjoyed working in the UPS warehouse, as team work is important but its also important to know how to work alone E,g. Loading and unloading vans/lorries, fun fastpaced busy warehouse with a very good workforce.
Can work up to good wage and holiday allowance.
Enjoyed meeting customers whilst delivering and collecting parcels. You’re working independently whilst out delivering. UPS provide your training and safety classes.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
It was a good job and if I could work there I would work there again
Ups job was good and very fast paced and you have to be ready to do anything and change your driver at anytime and make sure your packages where deliver and not broken and treat customers with respect
Excellent Opportunity
If you want a career then you have the best opportunity at UPS. If you do the job required then you have a job for life. Opportunities range from loading/unloading, clerical and driving and finally management