UPS Employee Reviews

A joke
Hub Sorter (Former Employee) –  Stanford le Hope13 October 2018
This place is good for those that are desperate for money and willing to be walked all over. Management are the worst part of this place, they have no consideration what so ever for their staff, unless you are willing to be a walk over in which case they will "like" you. Be prepared to have injuries at work and no matter what happened it will be your fault not theirs. Don't make any complaints as they will show interest to cover themselves but do nothing about it. Have no trust in them at all. Always keep check of your hours especially over time because they will get your pay wrong.
The team I worked with however on my Pd were great, all helped and supported each other, it is just purely management that mess this place up. Pure greed and not a care in the world apart from the money that lines their pockets!!!!!!
Fun work place
package handler and delivery helper (Former Employee) –  Kentish Town, Greater London11 October 2018
Overall a good place to work, lots of fun in the warehouse and had a great team. I also think the organisation could of been more organised on the volume coming down as some times they would be too many and it would cause the belt to stop moving as their is to much weight.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Not organised
great place to work and amazing chance to progress
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Didcot9 October 2018
i was part of the loading/unloading team who was incharge of unloading the hgvs coming in on the morning shifts and in the evening we would be loading the same hgvs to ensure that all out going packages have been correctly x-rayed and processed .
Pros
progression in the company
Cons
split shifts
Rozwojowej miejsce pracy
Admin/ koordynator ds zamówień (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire29 September 2018
Jeśli jesteś osobą ambitną oraz lubiąca wyzwania to to miejsce dla Ciebie
mint
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 September 2018
Well what a place,sure I love it....now they need an essay to compliment them. Probably shift but who cares..,,😉😁,😞😅😅,,could have paid 14quid hour but the pay is good .
Currier (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex24 September 2018
UPS provide a good and secure job environment and of any properties are easy to get on withAlso there is always opportunity to move forward within the company and is it encouraged to do so you would also be helped towards the goal that you wish to achieve
Pros
Good pension security and a good wage
Cons
There was a lot of pressure on delivering packages on time
Good salary, temporary.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Feltham, Greater London8 September 2018
Deliver packages to doors with a driver, learned to use their communication device, you have to get along with your driver or else it won't be fun/tolerable.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
not constant hours, might only work for 2 hrs
Norwich Poor place to work
Pacckage driver (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk8 September 2018
Norwich depo, poor place to work, manager didn't know what he was doing, tried bullying to bully me but got a shock when i bit back.

Over load van, don't have a break as to many deliveries to get done.
Pros
Good pay once you get there
Cons
long hours start on low wages, poor management over loaded
short and productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol6 September 2018
would start late in the evening and would work non-stop for 3 hours lifting the packages, we work efficiently and effectively in our team, making sure everything is to standard
Not bad job, awful treatment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sedgefield21 August 2018
If you are any good at your job you will be taken advantage of. Fact. Management do not care about your life outside of their gates. If given too much work to do, you are expected/sometimes forced to stop out til completed
Pros
Good money
Cons
Almost everything else
varied
Administration Assistant & driver (Former Employee) –  Northampton17 August 2018
Hard work but if you put the hours and the work in you were rewarded. It wasn't always easy to balance work and home life but you were helped out where they could.
Advancement was definitely available
Though the pay was good as a driver it wasn't so good as an office clerk
Pros
advancement
Dont apply
Ex driver (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear8 August 2018
Total bully company.12 hour days treat u like a dog.think they own you.and u.p.s is your life.you have no family time and the mangers are bullys.you get wrong for reversing to much you have security follow you to check u vans are locked or windows shut..if not its disaplinary.if you put the wrong thing in your diad machine its disaplinary.total joke..u need to b clean shaving or u will get wrong.they watch u all day on the computer to check u working.you could give your life to this company and they treat u like dirt.
Good for fast employment and reliable pay
Control room opperative/ Team leader (Current Employee) –  Middlesex4 August 2018
No room for growth and talents discovered are used for the benefit of the company but not rewarded. you will be asked to work over and beyond your contract but not paid for a job well done or be passed over for promotion for a job you have been doing for them.
Pros
pay is always on time
Cons
no room for growth
Security
Manager (Current Employee) –  UK22 July 2018
Job Security is second to none. Problem is work life balance is not part of their culture or mission. Promotion and Careers are prevalent throughout the company, but will rely on relocation and not of your choosing. The culture is built up from the history of the company, but tends to be stuck in the past and fallen a little bit behind the times and that includes their top down micro management approach.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Long hours and no work/life balance
Good people to work
Midnight Hub Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stanford le Hope20 July 2018
Hard work but rewarding, been there for 10 years now, love the fact that they promote from within, really gives you that drive to what to be successful.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Money
Great people
Sorter (Current Employee) –  East Midlands Airport, Leicestershire10 July 2018
Excellent company, generally short shifts but well paid. Shifts vary but can suit family life well - personally work evenings and Husband works days so we don't have to pay childcare.
Pros
Good pay, short shifts. Excellent part-time job
You earn your money..
Pre loader (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent1 July 2018
Not going to lie the job is hard work, it's physically demanding but saying that it keeps you fit.
The staff are friendly and help each other out if and when needed and are a great bunch of men and women.
Equipment needs to be modernised, the scanners are useless and make a simple task a total headache.
There is only a few members of staff that get moved around from job to job so if your stuck on a job you really not happy with you need to let your shift leader know to see if you can try another task during the shift.
You need to be vocal with management and keep on at them if you feel they are not listening. , do not accept something if your not happy.
Management do shout and swear but it's the nature of the job,it's faced paced and stressful and every one swears so if you are easily offended it's not the job for you but I do feel management would be respected more if they didn't swear.
Being a team member is vital.
There does however need to be a proper trainer there for new staff, because training tends to be left to the current staff who are trying to do their own job plus train and at peak periods it's impossible. I had a lovely lady train me who put me at ease and made me feel welcome and showed me how to do my assigned task.. Had I been working with her all the time I would have been more than happy.
Christmas is just busy busy mad busy and you start really early from around November till January .
This job is not an easy job and after work you do feel like you have done a full days work .
Pros
Good wages, great staff
Cons
Early mornings, old equipment.
Very fun to work for.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  London1 May 2018
UPS is a company that specializes in parcel express deliveries. i worked for the company for a short time as a Driver Helper, i enjoyed working for them because i got to interact with lots of customers and i was not in one place for a long time. The hours were good and very balanced for me. The only problem was they didnt pay me for all the hours i worked, i think they took advantage because i was very young and i was very new to the working world as it was my first job.
Pros
Always on the move and everyday is different.
Cons
Takes advantage of young workers.
Various work shifts available
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire1 May 2018
At UPS I worked here part time whilst studying at college, it was ideal to fit in with the hours as they offered evening shifts. Full training was given.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
extremely busy environment
the Hub
Hub Sorter (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire26 April 2018
Working at ups improved my team building skills and allowed me to adjust to fast working circumstances. The hardest part off the job was to keep up with the task at hand.

510K