UPS Employee Reviews

Hard working fast paced environment
Sorter/Loader (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex16 April 2018
A good solid company which has very high expectations from all areas of the business. Very challenging at times, due to the hours and work load but rewarding at the same time, extremely good pay with many benefits. Overall a good company who I would recommend working for.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Challenging expectations from above
Productive and motivating
Courier (Former Employee) –  Ilfov10 April 2018
Completed a daily pre-trip inspection checklist before first delivery of the day.Selected the most efficient routes in compliance with delivery instructions and fuel policy.Picked up and delivered cargo in a tractor-trailer using knowledge of roads, highways and interstates.Presented customers with bills and receipts and collected payments for goods delivered.Verified loads against shipping papers.Operated heavy equipment, including forklifts, stair climbers and pallet jacks.Reported any errors found on delivery documents to supervisor.Operated manual and mechanical equipment in a safe and efficient manner.Evaluated customer needs and determined appropriate action, referring their questions to management when necessary.Loaded and unloaded merchandise at stores and vendor locations.Obtained signatures on all invoices and credits.
Dire company to work for
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire27 March 2018
Spoken to like dirt on shoe & no understanding of mitigating circumstances. You are often doing the work of two people. Constantly mess wages up & have to chase & chase for money. Avoid unless desperate.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Doing job of 2 people
Nice place to work
Local Sorter (Current Employee) –  Northampton9 March 2018
Nice place to work and im doing part time there to help to saving money to try to buy my house nothing to complain about this company hope nothing change on my application
Pros
nothing to declare
Cons
nothing to declare
the bar is set high
Senior Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Exeter6 March 2018
in principle full of good ideas and practices,but at times these are overlooked for statistics.The Bar is set very high and this is managed through a culture of accountability.
Pros
very good training
Cons
long hours/poor work life balance
Poor support
Transport Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard6 March 2018
UPS management is vastly lacking in support from upper management.

Hardest part of the job is balancing a failing fleet with the number of sick days drivers take.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the work atmosphere
Caring company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cargo, Bay, UK2 March 2018
UPS takes great pride in looking after its workers and believes in promotion within. Yes they work in a time sensitive area but it helps develop peoples skills to handle pressure as you get higher up the ladder.
Warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire27 February 2018
Scanning and loading parcels into trucks. Very fast paced job and hard work but enjoyable. Learning the correct postcodes for the correct lorry was important. Loading the truck to maximum potential also
Just left
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk20 February 2018
I worked for this company a little over a month. I felt like I was thrown in the deep end expecting to know my job without being trained. When it come to loading the vans on my first day I was expected to load 2 vans at a time without any knowledge at all of what I was supposed to do. As for their rules, I find them lacking in any compassion. When on your 3 month trial period you are only allowed 1 day in the whole time off. I was off 2 days. I had 2 very genuine reasons for my absence and on both occasions I let them know I wouldnt be in and why I wasnt able to come into work. I was informed that if you have more than 1 day off in your trial period you would be faced with instant dismissal. I feel this is very harsh. As for the people I worked with, they were a wonderful bunch and made me feel very much at home. I just feel the person in charge on my shift was lacking in both empathy and understanding.
Pros
Morning shift is perfect for people with children who cant afford childcare. Money is very good.
Cons
Trial period rules are very harsh. Bad management and lack of proper training.
driver
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Salerno, Campania19 February 2018
driver for deliveries for the areas of Salerno and Naples with company van for goods transport of all kinds...........................................
Rubbish
Driver (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom15 February 2018
They tell you to leave your job, as they say you have their job.. when In fact you don’t have it 100% securely until you travel away for a weeks training weeks after being told your start date to be told u don’t have the job due to Really pathetic rules like your trousers are 20mm too long, have brown socks on instead of black or your head or face is not shaved enough or sweating the slightest amount!!

NEVER WORK HERE
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
My kids could run the company better!
Logistic Assistant / Salesman (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 February 2018
From the start to finish completely unorganised plus had to fight for 3 months to get paid for overtime which their machine didn't record. I had the driver give a statement but it wasn't excepted.
Pros
World Brand
Cons
The whole company
meh
Parcel Sorter - Night Shift (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire7 February 2018
The job was a difficult job to begin with.
To be honest it got easier in time however the staff did not i was there for 2 months and they kept messing me around, when i got comfy working in one place they would not let up on me. I either worked too slow or i was choosing the wrong areas to send parcels.
Pros
good money for time worked
Cons
no social life as had to sleep
Good Work Life balance
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire31 January 2018
Working at UPS means you would usually be doing a 5-6 hour shift, with different shifts, such as the Twilight hours or Midnight hours. I worked the midnight shift normally starting at 10:00 PM and finishing around 03:00 AM, allowing me all day and afternoon to myself before work. The pay is good for the hours worked. Benefit of more pay more hours. Overall, easy to get the work done and paid.
Pros
Short shift with good pay.
Calm and Productive
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Ossett, West Yorkshire29 January 2018
Very cold warehouse no heating. Busy atmosphere, always on your toes . Adequate breaks, microwaves to warm food and vending machines . Some work colleagues are nice to work with.
Pros
Treats
Cons
0 Hour contract
Ups
Team Leader (Customer Services)/Exports Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham28 January 2018
I enjoyed my time at UPS. My supervisors awarded me often for the work I did. The salary was great as was the job security. The commuting time killed it for me.
Pros
Interesting job and good salary
Cons
Long commute
Good insight into courier
Clerk (Former Employee) –  London28 January 2018
Good place to learn and see how courier shipments are handled and controlled through this fast paced transit hub. Time management is key in ensuring KPI's are met.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Good pay however...
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Gillingham26 January 2018
I worked for them over Christmas, the management is awful letting you know if they need you or not, most of the time they wont tell you intill the last second unless you need the money its not worth the frustration of the management
Not a bad job
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stanford le Hope24 January 2018
It's not the best but it will do.. sometimes they make you work Really hard and do other people jobs. Pros are high pay but night shift hours. Can get you into trouble and management isn't the best. They can't seem follow simple rules
Dont do it to yourself
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire24 January 2018
Very discriminating company, no care for your personal life, if your a hard worker they will take advantage of you. There is no reward for being a good employee. always expect the impossible from there drivers
Pros
Cons
everything

59K