UPS Employee Reviews

Good people to work
Midnight Hub Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stanford le Hope20 July 2018
Hard work but rewarding, been there for 10 years now, love the fact that they promote from within, really gives you that drive to what to be successful.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Money
Great people
Sorter (Current Employee) –  East Midlands Airport, Leicestershire10 July 2018
Excellent company, generally short shifts but well paid. Shifts vary but can suit family life well - personally work evenings and Husband works days so we don't have to pay childcare.
Pros
Good pay, short shifts. Excellent part-time job
You earn your money..
Pre loader (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent1 July 2018
Not going to lie the job is hard work, it's physically demanding but saying that it keeps you fit.
The staff are friendly and help each other out if and when needed and are a great bunch of men and women.
Equipment needs to be modernised, the scanners are useless and make a simple task a total headache.
There is only a few members of staff that get moved around from job to job so if your stuck on a job you really not happy with you need to let your shift leader know to see if you can try another task during the shift.
You need to be vocal with management and keep on at them if you feel they are not listening. , do not accept something if your not happy.
Management do shout and swear but it's the nature of the job,it's faced paced and stressful and every one swears so if you are easily offended it's not the job for you but I do feel management would be respected more if they didn't swear.
Being a team member is vital.
There does however need to be a proper trainer there for new staff, because training tends to be left to the current staff who are trying to do their own job plus train and at peak periods it's impossible. I had a lovely lady train me who put me at ease and made me feel welcome and showed me how to do my assigned task.. Had I been working with her all the time I would have been more than happy.
Christmas is just busy busy mad busy and you start really early from around November till January .
This job is not an easy job and after work you do feel like you have done a full days work .
Pros
Good wages, great staff
Cons
Early mornings, old equipment.
Various work shifts available
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire1 May 2018
At UPS I worked here part time whilst studying at college, it was ideal to fit in with the hours as they offered evening shifts. Full training was given.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
extremely busy environment
the Hub
Hub Sorter (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire26 April 2018
Working at ups improved my team building skills and allowed me to adjust to fast working circumstances. The hardest part off the job was to keep up with the task at hand.
part time
Sorter / Loader (Former Employee) –  derbyshire25 April 2018
not enough hours cold warehouse in winter with shutter doors open throughout the whole shift can be heavy lifting off loading parcels out off vans up steps to conveyor
Pros
vending machine
Cons
cold
Lack of everything
UPS (Current Employee) –  Eccles, Greater Manchester24 April 2018
I have been working here since November 2016, at first everything was fine and the people who I work with were all great and very enthusiastic but since they year has gone by the manager has changed, staff have been needed in many different areas of the company but they don't do anything to help themselves out
Hard working fast paced environment
Sorter/Loader (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex16 April 2018
A good solid company which has very high expectations from all areas of the business. Very challenging at times, due to the hours and work load but rewarding at the same time, extremely good pay with many benefits. Overall a good company who I would recommend working for.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Challenging expectations from above
Productive and motivating
Courier (Former Employee) –  Ilfov10 April 2018
Completed a daily pre-trip inspection checklist before first delivery of the day.Selected the most efficient routes in compliance with delivery instructions and fuel policy.Picked up and delivered cargo in a tractor-trailer using knowledge of roads, highways and interstates.Presented customers with bills and receipts and collected payments for goods delivered.Verified loads against shipping papers.Operated heavy equipment, including forklifts, stair climbers and pallet jacks.Reported any errors found on delivery documents to supervisor.Operated manual and mechanical equipment in a safe and efficient manner.Evaluated customer needs and determined appropriate action, referring their questions to management when necessary.Loaded and unloaded merchandise at stores and vendor locations.Obtained signatures on all invoices and credits.
it used to be fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 March 2018
Freedom of the job to manage your time yourself and effectively so that you can improve productivity.
best job i had so far but it has some improvements it needs to work on
Fun Environment
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Barking27 March 2018
I got to experience good customer services and learnt new tips and tricks whilst working with my driver it made my days easier. However the department was a bit unorganised in terms of hours of work and which drivers you will be working with.
Pros
good hours, overtime
Cons
unorganised
Dire company to work for
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire27 March 2018
Spoken to like dirt on shoe & no understanding of mitigating circumstances. You are often doing the work of two people. Constantly mess wages up & have to chase & chase for money. Avoid unless desperate.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Doing job of 2 people
sorting area
parcel sorter (Former Employee) –  Camden Town, Greater London17 March 2018
i was working on a night shift team .A freindly team which encourage you to do your work easily even if it appears to be very hard and demanding more efforts .You really need to be very fast especially when the trucks are queuing and waiting for places to load .The best moment is when everything is sorted before the limited time under pressure .
Pros
tea or coffee
Cons
overtime is paid for long hours
Nice place to work
Local Sorter (Current Employee) –  Northampton9 March 2018
Nice place to work and im doing part time there to help to saving money to try to buy my house nothing to complain about this company hope nothing change on my application
Pros
nothing to declare
Cons
nothing to declare
the bar is set high
Senior Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Exeter6 March 2018
in principle full of good ideas and practices,but at times these are overlooked for statistics.The Bar is set very high and this is managed through a culture of accountability.
Pros
very good training
Cons
long hours/poor work life balance
Poor support
Transport Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard6 March 2018
UPS management is vastly lacking in support from upper management.

Hardest part of the job is balancing a failing fleet with the number of sick days drivers take.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the work atmosphere
Caring company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cargo, Bay, UK2 March 2018
UPS takes great pride in looking after its workers and believes in promotion within. Yes they work in a time sensitive area but it helps develop peoples skills to handle pressure as you get higher up the ladder.
Warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire27 February 2018
Scanning and loading parcels into trucks. Very fast paced job and hard work but enjoyable. Learning the correct postcodes for the correct lorry was important. Loading the truck to maximum potential also
Just left
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk20 February 2018
I worked for this company a little over a month. I felt like I was thrown in the deep end expecting to know my job without being trained. When it come to loading the vans on my first day I was expected to load 2 vans at a time without any knowledge at all of what I was supposed to do. As for their rules, I find them lacking in any compassion. When on your 3 month trial period you are only allowed 1 day in the whole time off. I was off 2 days. I had 2 very genuine reasons for my absence and on both occasions I let them know I wouldnt be in and why I wasnt able to come into work. I was informed that if you have more than 1 day off in your trial period you would be faced with instant dismissal. I feel this is very harsh. As for the people I worked with, they were a wonderful bunch and made me feel very much at home. I just feel the person in charge on my shift was lacking in both empathy and understanding.
Pros
Morning shift is perfect for people with children who cant afford childcare. Money is very good.
Cons
Trial period rules are very harsh. Bad management and lack of proper training.
driver
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Salerno, Campania19 February 2018
driver for deliveries for the areas of Salerno and Naples with company van for goods transport of all kinds...........................................

59.5K