UK Government - Office of the Public Guardian Employee Review

View all UK Government - Office of the Public Guardian reviews

A place to develop
Learning and Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham10 June 2016
A typical day at OPG can be rather hectic like all other organisations, however the staff and managers all keep the customer at the heart of everything they do and it shows in the work they carry out. The work varies on the department you work in and cam be simple tasks as scanning or opening post to more complex legal decisions. No two roles are the same.

Whilst I have been with OPG I have learnt about lasting power of attorneys and how my initial role as a caseworker was important ensuring the best interests of the customer. My promotion into the L&D team has enabled me to develop my presentation skills along with giving me new skills in facilitation, coaching and mentoring.

The hardest part of the job is not forgetting the customers as everything we do in the business is to benefit them. while my new role takes me away from interacting with customers it is then even more important to ensure the training I develop and deliver remind the staff who attend the sessions that myself and the team are up skilling them to benefit our customers experience with us.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the training I deliver makes a difference to the staff and the customers.
Pros
Flexible working, additional benefits and the staff

Other UK Government - Office of the Public Guardian Employee Reviews

Terrible
Content Design and Editorial Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire6 March 2019
Awful management - bullying and harassment. No induction or probation given and no support to develop or work to your full potential. Office old fashioned and uninspiring.
Good place to work in
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire2 January 2019
One of the best places worked in. Working hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Flexi leave. Good colleagues. Worked via agency so there was no security which was the worst.
Pros
salary, bus pass, good colleagues
Cons
agency worker - there was no security