UK Government - Office of the Public Guardian
UK Government - Office of the Public Guardian Employee Review

Wonderful people, horrible workplace

22 January 2018
It took 9 months for them to vet me, once I was employed it took a further month and a half before I got my first paycheck. I believe the staff there are all very dedicated, but the place is too tied down in bureaucracy to be run efficiently. The regional pay gap is unjustifiable, and despite much prompting the senior managers have done nothing to rectify this.
6 March 2019
Same location
Content Design and Editorial Manager (Former Employee) - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Awful management - bullying and harassment. No induction or probation given and no support to develop or work to your full potential. Office old fashioned and uninspiring.
2 January 2019
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
One of the best places worked in. Working hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Flexi leave. Good colleagues. Worked via agency so there was no security which was the worst.
Pros
salary, bus pass, good colleagues
Cons
agency worker - there was no security
27 June 2018
Administrator (Former Employee) - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
There are worse jobs, but there are also better. Boring, chaotic amount of change, and despite claiming to care about mental health of staff, they run a mile from anyone who actually has any needs, and wants to use their support services. Don't go in as an agency worker - they fire you very easily, over nothing.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Low pay and no job security.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UK Government - Office of the Public Guardian. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9