UK Government - Office of the Public Guardian Employee Reviews in Nottingham

Terrible
Content Design and Editorial Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire6 March 2019
Awful management - bullying and harassment. No induction or probation given and no support to develop or work to your full potential. Office old fashioned and uninspiring.
Ok
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire27 June 2018
There are worse jobs, but there are also better. Boring, chaotic amount of change, and despite claiming to care about mental health of staff, they run a mile from anyone who actually has any needs, and wants to use their support services. Don't go in as an agency worker - they fire you very easily, over nothing.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Low pay and no job security.
Wonderful people, horrible workplace
Casework Progression Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 January 2018
It took 9 months for them to vet me, once I was employed it took a further month and a half before I got my first paycheck. I believe the staff there are all very dedicated, but the place is too tied down in bureaucracy to be run efficiently. The regional pay gap is unjustifiable, and despite much prompting the senior managers have done nothing to rectify this.
Very Cliquey
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Nottingham10 January 2018
The management behave more like a frat party. Lots of favoritism. Very unprofessional.

The job was ok, nothing special. No real prospects.

There are worst places to work.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire15 October 2017
This was a rewarding job role as I was helping and benefiting vulnerable people in society. I gained many skills as a administrator in the public sector. It gave me a great exposure to the civil service. I really enjoyed working as a team with the co-workers.
Very clicky place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 June 2017
I enjoyed my role, but did not like the way managers treated staff.

Mangers lacked training,

I learned about Lasting Powers of Attorney documents and The Mental Capacity Act 2005.
Pros
Nice location and new offices
Cons
Bad atmosphere
Very flexiable employer. Promotes equal opportunities
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham12 April 2017
With flexible working hours and government benefits this employer with a delight to work with. They have a relaxed working environment and family oriented work ethic. The average age of staff here was about 40 - 45 so disproportionate amount of older to younger people. However, That had zero reflection on anything within the role.

The work itself can be quite interesting if you enjoy finance/auditing or just helping people in general. Very ethical role.
Pros
Understanding and flexibility
Cons
Low pay