UK Government - Office of the Public Guardian Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Fun workplace
Admin (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 June 2018
I learned how to do official admin work. workplace culture was very homely with a lot of people to help when confused about any of the work. training was on the job which was more productive.
Productive and fun environment
Admin officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 June 2017
My job role was to register cases which was very challenging Some which were difficult cases, I worked independently had my own work station which I found very comfortable as I managed to complete quite a few cases in a short space of time. I also enjoyed inputting and updating data on our IT systems. And it had excellent pay.
What you have learnt
Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 March 2017
There are a variety of roles within the organisation. Working in that environment I have learnt to develop various skills and competencies which I do believe would be difficult for me to learn else where.
Pros
Benefits and flexible working hours
Cons
Salary
Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham12 March 2017
Lots of oppourtunies, flexibility and options to move around within organisation. Management is supportive and very helpful and they encourage development.
Pros
Flexible working hours and lots of benefits/discounts for staff
Cons
A place to develop
Learning and Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham10 June 2016
A typical day at OPG can be rather hectic like all other organisations, however the staff and managers all keep the customer at the heart of everything they do and it shows in the work they carry out. The work varies on the department you work in and cam be simple tasks as scanning or opening post to more complex legal decisions. No two roles are the same.

Whilst I have been with OPG I have learnt about lasting power of attorneys and how my initial role as a caseworker was important ensuring the best interests of the customer. My promotion into the L&D team has enabled me to develop my presentation skills along with giving me new skills in facilitation, coaching and mentoring.

The hardest part of the job is not forgetting the customers as everything we do in the business is to benefit them. while my new role takes me away from interacting with customers it is then even more important to ensure the training I develop and deliver remind the staff who attend the sessions that myself and the team are up skilling them to benefit our customers experience with us.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the training I deliver makes a difference to the staff and the customers.
Pros
Flexible working, additional benefits and the staff
fun work
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 June 2016
i worked for the finance department and it was a pleasant environment to work with. the team i worked with was great. my line manger was really good