UK Government - Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills Employee Reviews

United Kingdom81 reviews
Inspecting early years settings using my skills and experience to evaluate quality standards and requirements, and assess how practitioners develop the skills, confidence and resilience to help to prepare them for school.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Unable to work during lock down
Buona ,molto soddisfatta . Grande esperienza di lavoro e di vita
I worked at Ofsted for nearly 5 years. I worked in a number of different departments, the contact centre and ARC are a fantastic place to work, the people and management are amazing.
However, I then moved teams and was unfortunately bullied, I was victimised and treated horrifically.

I was not given the opportunity to tell anyone about what was happening, because I was not given the time or believed.
Pros
ARC and the BSO team
Cons
Bullies, no progression opportunities, victimisation, pay, poorly treated when suffering with mental health issues
18 month contract great experience of working in a large company with a diverse range of co workers very friendly and a fasted paced business. I would definitely go back if a further job became available
This is part of the government, and is a large organisation staffed by career 'managers' - people of manage as their career. This is probably not my favourite type of manager, as they become rather detached from the content.
Pros
great flexibility
Cons
no loyalty to staff
i worked as a self employed registered childminder not actually withing the actual company .i run this company myself and worked for mainly teachers and there children use to do school drop off and pick ups .
have many years experience in this i enjoyed my job and seeing children thrive .
it was a great environment, people were helpful and was a lot of new things to learn each day. not one day was the same plenty of projects to work on and was fun
Can be stressful and changes to job role happen frequently . Salary is quite poor for the work involved. Good work life balance. Flexi policy is good.
All staff were lovely
Training was amazing

Stressful job as dealing with many different aspects

But the main thing about Oftsed was that if they are to sack you they escort you out without warning out of the building making u feel degraded I saw a few go and I felt very sorry for them they make u feel like a criminal
This is not relevant to me as I did not work for this company and was just affiliated however I cannot go further with my applications without writing something here!
You work with some nice people but management need to improve procedures for the wotk & employer relations. Lots to learn whilst on the job & plenty of on line courses to complete
I’m extremely lucky to be able to work with such an amazing diversity of people working with all different people from all different backgrounds and walks of life
Manageable workload with the opportunity for career development. Full support of management, colleagues and ability to take decisions. Working from home and the ability to plan tasks weeks in advance if need be. Highly recommended.
Dealing with public regards benefit claim.Could be stressful as dealing with vulnerable people. Having dealt with customer concerns. A typical day was made up of signing people for benefits and taking new claims and dealing with telephone queries
Worked till you dropped, then made to feel responsible for not achieving unrealistic demands. Going into organisations that you never found out the real truth, as schools and colleges perceived you as the enemy.
assisting in child development
gained knowledge of learning areas of development

self managed with support from local EY service

children succeeding in their development
Work as a childminder in Southwark, I had so many problems and the application process to get paid the 15hours and 30hours per week was a night mare on the system, a lot of repetitive questions and information re inserted. Staff was good and helpful..
I do not know what this segment wants from me as i have been trying to complete this for a while to get to the next page and I keep stressing that i have never worked here so i dont know
loved been a childminder. found the job to be very rewarding over the years. Excellent training available and high standards of care expected. The children thrived in my environment and enjoyed exploring new things and learning about the world around them as well as learning valuable life skills.
I think that OFSTED is a useful way to safeguard childrens educational needs. It provides essential information regarding a schools performance, and i believe it to be a necessary service.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working together as part of a valuable team and knowing you have played your part in making a difference to a persons financial situation.
Pros
Flexi time
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UK Government - Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2