UK Government - Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills Employee Reviews

Culture of blame
Inspection (Former Employee) –  Nationwide9 October 2019
Worked till you dropped, then made to feel responsible for not achieving unrealistic demands. Going into organisations that you never found out the real truth, as schools and colleges perceived you as the enemy.
rewarding workplace
Childminder (Former Employee) –  Knowsley, Merseyside16 September 2019
assisting in child development
gained knowledge of learning areas of development
self managed with support from local EY service
children succeeding in their development
Not sure
Childminder (Former Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London16 September 2019
Work as a childminder in Southwark, I had so many problems and the application process to get paid the 15hours and 30hours per week was a night mare on the system, a lot of repetitive questions and information re inserted. Staff was good and helpful..
Never worked here
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool12 September 2019
I do not know what this segment wants from me as i have been trying to complete this for a while to get to the next page and I keep stressing that i have never worked here so i dont know
excellent job that is very rewarding
Childminder (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 August 2019
loved been a childminder. found the job to be very rewarding over the years. Excellent training available and high standards of care expected. The children thrived in my environment and enjoyed exploring new things and learning about the world around them as well as learning valuable life skills.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Newhaven28 June 2019
I think that OFSTED is a useful way to safeguard childrens educational needs. It provides essential information regarding a schools performance, and i believe it to be a necessary service.
Great team work
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Bathgate24 June 2019
Most enjoyable part of the job is working together as part of a valuable team and knowing you have played your part in making a difference to a persons financial situation.
Pros
Flexi time
Worked for myself
Ofsted Registered Childminder (Former Employee) –  Derby23 June 2019
Enjoyed working for myself in my own home caring for others people children but felt I needed a change during the school holidays when my own children were small so applied for positions in a school.
Good working atmosphere for office work
Claims Assessor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham22 April 2019
My work experience for this government department is now over 30 years ago and things will have changed over the years. My experience was positive. It was hard work but enjoyed working with great people and helping members of the public
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Busy - not enough hours in the day sometimes
I think its a good practice to set standards, guidelines and practices for childminders
Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  Surrey19 April 2019
I thank OFSTED for setting standards, guidelines and procedures for childminders and for supporting me to set up my own business. I enjoyed working with children and liaising with the parents.
Pros
Good guidelines, able to work for myself.
Very Rewarding
Childminder (Former Employee) –  Grays, Essex8 January 2019
Working with children under the age of five, looking after them while parents are at work. This enables you to help nurture the children while preparing them for life in the real world, as they prepare for Primary School.
Pros
Happy times with children who adore you and look up to you.
Cons
Seeing children distressed because they have to leave the setting at the end of the day., having had so much fun with friends.
Flexibility
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire9 November 2018
I was able to bring up my 2 children whilst earning a salary, I was my own boss so I planned my days as I chose.

Ofsted inspections were not the nicest experiences but once done it was something you did not have to do again for a number of years.
Pros
working from home
Cons
can be isolating
Ofsted
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 September 2018
This was a fascinating insight into the government body that regulates schools and childcare in the United Kingdom. My role involved speaking to schools, nurseries, children’s homes, crèches and childminders about being compliant with government legislation concerning children.
good
Lead support for newly qualified childminders (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire24 August 2018
good family balance. low pay. little training required but first aid needs renewing every three years. lots of book keeping and motivation needed. good time management skills required.
Pros
good family balance
Cons
not good pay
fun but hard working
Childminder (Former Employee) –  Hinckley27 July 2018
self satisfying job watching children learn and grow as they have fun. can be long hours and if you not careful can interfere with your family life . long hours
Pros
children
Cons
good
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 April 2018
Administration Officer, OFSTED, Manchester,

duties included correspondence for the recruitment and registration of a large intake of school inspectors.
Very stimulating workplace
Childminder (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 April 2018
Great childcare provision run to highest standards of care. Lovely children and their families. We have lots of fun - daily trips to playgroups, library, parks and days out. We love exploring our environment - walks in the woods, feeding ducks. We learn by visiting places as museums, cinema, police and fire station and many more days out. Just fab!
Pros
Flexible hours
every day is different
Director/Owner (Current Employee) –  West Midlands7 March 2018
I am the owner of the company, every day is different. providing full and sessional day care to children aged from birth to 12 years.
planning, observations and assessments, helping children meet the next stage in their development.
Organized and fun filled Place to work
Nursery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Swingfield, Kent7 March 2018
It was a learning experience at Kidease, the team is really hardworking and the slightest issue whether it be regards to the staff or children is taken into consideration and resolved at the earliest. The staff are looked after and are encouraged and supported for utmost growth and development.
Pros
Flexibility
productive
Registered Childminders assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 March 2018
the most enjoyable i would say would be meeting new children and gaining a relationship with them. moreover, helping parents in time of need when they need it the most.