UK Government - Companies House

UK Government - Companies House Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
Very Good work culture and people working at Companies House.

Good working conditions and benefits such as flexi time, on site gym, pensions etc.

Good communication between times and they treat people with respect and well-being is important for them.
the experience was good. Relaxed surroundings. Well informed. Many social events. Easy to get to and the parking was easy and free. I would recommend
Enjoyed my time I did 8 weeks voluntary work for companies house while out of work to improve my admin skills
The job was enjoyable and varied doing different things each week

Would have loved to have been taken on

Maybe some day
Pros
Varied job
Cons
Not being paid
Relaxed productive and fun workplace with great people. Management supportive and understanding of the challenges faced by the teams. Some very gifted individuals.
The staff benefits were excellent- flexi time, free massages, paid volunteer days etc. However the employees were miserable, stuck up and forever moaning about the workload (which was if anything too little). Management would consistently complain about her team to other colleagues while the team could hear, it wasn’t great for morale.
Pros
Staff Benefits, Civil Service Internal Careers Access
Cons
Colleagues and Management
I learned most of my trade at companies house as i spent 13 years there.

A normal day would be dealing with customers to help them set up companies, deal with email complaints and many other general office work.
Companies House provides a good work/life badlands for its staff. I particularly enjoy my role within Finance and took advantage of opportunity to gain the AAT qualification.
Pros
Flexi, free Parking
Cons
Little scope for promotion
a really fun environment to work in, everyone seems to know each other well & it also reflects in work and projects which is an amzing thing and morale is extremely high.
Pros
on site starbucks
Cons
I have over 10 years finance experience. I have been lucky enough to work in every section in Finance including credit control, purchase ledger and management accounts.
Pros
Flexible hours, Free Car Parking
good place to work learned a lot of ne skills fun staff well managed and nice food in canteen good place to work lots of room to learn ne things
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Fun work place with unsupportive management. Not all about numbers but how you grow and develop personally. Decent amount of red tape and politics but this is expected in the Civil Service.
Companies House great place to work if you have qualification in Business Law or interest in Financial sector, it is quite disciplined working environment. There are many divisional areas that one may chose to work in; It caters for many aspects of Business and Financial sector: Opening a new company(ies), managing official paperwork for your companies, your annual returns, Directors, memorandums etc also copies of mortgage documents etc Hence manages data for millions of UK companies, and produces statistical data on UK company trends.
Pros
Excellent Job prospects
Cons
Pretty disciplined environment
I enjoy working in companies House, I enjoy helping customer and giving good customer service.
Pros
Enjoy my work
Cons
This was an enjoyable job at the time I left school as I loved using tools and making things. I would wind heating elements and I was one of the first people in the country to use whats called a High Density Machine, that had been brought over from America to help us to wind small heating elements.
Pros
2 straight weeks off in the summer
My temporary job would consist of working shifts and there was no flexible time you had to be on time or you would have a bad mark. I learned about how companies are formed in companies house and all the different forms that were required in order to set up a limited company
Pros
Close to home
Cons
a very busy call centre,taking inbound calls from customers looking for insurance quotes, up selling other products.an enjoyable job,not much time inbetween calls,full training provided,excellent salary plus bonus.