UK Government - Companies House Employee Reviews

Great Benefits Horrid Colleagues and Management
HEO (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff1 July 2019
The staff benefits were excellent- flexi time, free massages, paid volunteer days etc. However the employees were miserable, stuck up and forever moaning about the workload (which was if anything too little). Management would consistently complain about her team to other colleagues while the team could hear, it wasn’t great for morale.
Pros
Staff Benefits, Civil Service Internal Careers Access
Cons
Colleagues and Management
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff23 February 2018
Companies House provides a good work/life badlands for its staff. I particularly enjoy my role within Finance and took advantage of opportunity to gain the AAT qualification.
Pros
Flexi, free Parking
Cons
Little scope for promotion
Fun Place to Work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 January 2018
a really fun environment to work in, everyone seems to know each other well & it also reflects in work and projects which is an amzing thing and morale is extremely high.
Pros
on site starbucks
Variety in the job.
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff9 April 2017
I have over 10 years finance experience. I have been lucky enough to work in every section in Finance including credit control, purchase ledger and management accounts.
Pros
Flexible hours, Free Car Parking
fun learning work place
chef de partie (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff25 January 2017
good place to work learned a lot of ne skills fun staff well managed and nice food in canteen good place to work lots of room to learn ne things
Pros
free lunch
Great staff/colleagues.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS13 November 2015
Fun work place with unsupportive management. Not all about numbers but how you grow and develop personally. Decent amount of red tape and politics but this is expected in the Civil Service.
Companies House- Great place to work in disciplined environment
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ENG23 February 2015
Companies House great place to work if you have qualification in Business Law or interest in Financial sector, it is quite disciplined working environment. There are many divisional areas that one may chose to work in; It caters for many aspects of Business and Financial sector: Opening a new company(ies), managing official paperwork for your companies, your annual returns, Directors, memorandums etc also copies of mortgage documents etc Hence manages data for millions of UK companies, and produces statistical data on UK company trends.
Pros
Excellent Job prospects
Cons
Pretty disciplined environment
Enjoy my Role
Occupation - Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS22 April 2014
I enjoy working in companies House, I enjoy helping customer and giving good customer service.
Pros
Enjoy my work
Cons
hard work but a great first time job with tools
General Admin and Librarian (Former Employee) –  Cardiff13 January 2014
This was an enjoyable job at the time I left school as I loved using tools and making things. I would wind heating elements and I was one of the first people in the country to use whats called a High Density Machine, that had been brought over from America to help us to wind small heating elements.
Pros
2 straight weeks off in the summer
Call Centre work therefore extremely tiring
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Cardiff21 September 2013
My temporary job would consist of working shifts and there was no flexible time you had to be on time or you would have a bad mark. I learned about how companies are formed in companies house and all the different forms that were required in order to set up a limited company
Pros
Close to home
call centre
Data analyst (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS12 August 2013
a very busy call centre,taking inbound calls from customers looking for insurance quotes, up selling other products.an enjoyable job,not much time inbetween calls,full training provided,excellent salary plus bonus.