UK Government - Cabinet Office Employee Reviews

Great for experience
Office Manager/PA (Former Employee) –  London5 March 2019
I came to working for government completely blind, they were very inclusive and nurturing.

The institution itself can be quite elitist and so while i was very lucky to have supportive peers and managers, many others in my position may not have been so lucky.

My role was very challenging and i learned a great deal, not only about my role specifically but about Government as a whole.
A mixed ball of cherries
UC and Conferencing Lead Architect and SME (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2019
Technology is a buz, but culture, job security and management is questionable.
Highly technical team, ground-breaking programs of work and the general advantage of producing really meaningful work.
Good for development
HR (Current Employee) –  London13 February 2019
No day is the same and management make an effort to ascertain your plans for the future. With that in mind that do suggest options for your personal development.
Pros
Flexi
Great work place
Administration/ Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  London Wesminiter21 January 2019
Great online agency to be with, great jobs to choose from, regular updates and easy website to use, very happy with indeed and have applied for some great jobs here
Great learning environment
Policy Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 November 2018
poor pay, should remunerated staff salaries to match other government departments. not very diverse, too much pressure, very stressful, enjoyed meeting new people.
the cabinet office
van driver (Former Employee) –  Goodwick17 September 2018
great manager / director steve very easy going and good man management skills only real issue with the job was amount of work and organisation of that work could be chaotic and uniform needed to be supplied felt very dijointed without it as i was the face of the company on a daily basis .
Pros
use of van if required prompt payment
Cons
newer van needed always issues with old van
Good Place To work
In life management and commercial lead (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 April 2018
The cabinet Office is a good pace to work , the work was very interesting, i enjoyed working with my colleagues the location close to parliament square .
Very nice workplace
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwich3 April 2018
Very relaxed atmosphere
Friendly staff
Management very good
Enjoyed working for this company
Plus free parking on site
Canteen very good
Overall a very nice company to work for.
Good company
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 February 2018
Good a company to work for but the level of management needs to be improved. Staff moral needed to be improved. New senior management had great ideas to implement but the culture needed to change which takes time.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Long hour culture
Excellent.
Senior Policy Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 January 2018
An excellent work place to connect and learn more about the government's agenda - particularly on the overall approach to digital by default programme and data.
Exceptional
IT Programme Director/Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2017
An exceptional employer, creating opportunities and career progression. The technology is cutting edge, as is the drive to succeed. The team embraced Agile techniques. The management is strong, supportive and skilled.
Pros
Culture, environment, technology
Cons
Long hours at times
busy and interesting
Data Protection Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire27 August 2017
I enjoyed my time here and found the work varied and interesting, over the time I was here there were a lot of changes and the work load increased, however on the whole it was exceptable.
Pros
flexi time
Cons
time limits
Hated going in each day
International Visits Officer (Former Employee) –  London25 August 2017
Awful management. Felt bullied and isolated.
Apprenticeship scheme and felt I had no support. Was not confident enough to even tell my line manager how i felt due to her nature.
work experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 August 2017
i had carried out a 2 week work experience which allowed me to build on my it skills and gain knowledge of how the business works in delivering information to the whole of london.
This was a good place to work. It was not very diverse, which could be improved but if you are interested in working as a assistant or in administration then it will be a great place.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
needs more diversity
great job unfortunate to lose it
data auditor (Former Employee) –  hatton derbyshire7 August 2017
i only worked there for 3 months and i enjoyed it a lot unfortunately i was let go due to family issues and my daughter having detachment issues :(

the wages were good hours were flexible no weekends which was great.

If i had the opportunity to return i would the boss was a nice guy pleasant well spoken and understanding.
Pros
good pay good working hours and pleasant to work for
Cons
n/a
A very mixed experience
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 July 2017
There is a strong team-working ethic amongst the administrative and secretarial staff, and the work is interesting, but the management style is oppressive and draconian.
Relaxed and easy-going
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 June 2017
Loved working here. Really good team spirit and work ethic. Spacious offices in an ideal location overlooking the River Mersey. Very friendly user base
Pros
relaxed, learnt a lot
Cons
Tbc
Overview of my role
Case Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 June 2017
My role involves processing nomination forms for UK National Honours. There is a constant flow of work as we accept nominations all year round. We are in charge of a set of cases delegated by the first letter of the nominees surname. We then have to start validating each case by getting other Government departments to provide comments on the individual and say what they think the right level of award would be. This means continually working with multiple people to get the case ready to put forward for a committee. Once we have all the validation we write a 500 word citation on each person for the committee so they can decide who they want to receive the award. We also get to attend the press conference before the list is published; working with the press and selected recipients.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
A lot of work
environnement agréable
Shop assistant/ barista (Former Employee) –  england26 May 2017
bonne ambiance journée actif toujours quelque chose a faire
Pros
repas et café gratuit
Cons
mon collegue
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  London4 May 2017
I learnt a lot during my time here, and enjoyed a good working relationship with some colleagues, but the management and workplace culture can be pressured and gradist.