U.S. Air Force

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

United Kingdom346 reviews
One of the very few organizations that can offer high-demand training with a guaranteed retirement. I thoroughly enjoyed all my assignment opportunities in the Air Force. I was fortunate to receive a lot of very exclusive and expensive education, as well as unique assignments. This helped me further advance my life after I retired from the Air Force.
Pros
Interesting and challenging work.
Cons
Reassignments to different locations.
The Air Force gave myself a sense of directions, goals, achievements and the opportunities for anything you desire to accomplish. Everything is there for you...go for it..reach your GOALS...The Air Force does the rest for you....Places to travel, live and work with and on multi-million dollar Air Force Inventory (Equipment) A very very good Branch of Service to serve and or make a career or life experience.
Pros
College tuition assistance, no tax, Chow Hall, Base Exchange, AFB's are a city, within a city.
Cons
No Cons.
Typical day in the Air Force depends on your AFSC, if you work maintenance ( Aircraft) you know that you will either be supporting the jets flying or you are going to reconfigure for the next days flying schedule. Hardest part of the job is dealing with outside forces and doing maintenance with low man power. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a diverse group of people from all walks of life.
Working at Raf as an aerospace battle manager. Working in surveillance rather than weapons. Option to work in the space programme looking at satellite operations an early warning ballistic missile systems.
The Air Force is the best branch of the military you can join they have limitless opportunities and offer great retirement packages I would highly recommend this branch of service
As enlisted, the job satisfaction is often out of your control. This is especially true for aircraft maintenance. This has been worsened by the relatively new EPR system, and being outstanding at your job doesn't necessarily translate to promotion. The benefits (GI bill in particular) allow you to complete your obligation and make the best of your particular skillset.
This life isn't for the weak of heart. You must be willing to put your needs aside and sacrific alot for you service member and your country. However, I would not change any time I've spent as a military spouse.
Be a soldier is Very fulfilling, an gives you great sense of purpose, job security, and self-worth. I wouldn’t change the experience I had in the US Air Force for anything in the world!
I am glad I had the opportunity to be apart of the USAF. I have acquired many skills and met a lot of great people. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a different avenue in life.
Read above the work culture is toxic leadership doesn’t care about you only their own careers work life balance is horrible as you may deploy or TDY or be in the f@&$ing flight line for 16 hours a day 6 days a week
The mission is pretty great and gives a real sense of fulfillment. The culture is what kills it. It's become very management out for themselves instead of feeling like a family like it used too. Promoting each other became a thing of the past for a "me first" environment.
As a military organization the U.S. airforce is an amazing place to work and call a home. Extremely professional and cooperative co-workers and leadership.
7:30-4:30 are the hours, however during times of inspections this is not always possible as it is your responsibility to ensured that all self assessments and unit inspections are completed and up to date.
no explanation needed, there's good and bad, but was glad of doing 22 years , I have retirement, medical for life, learned a lot, and now have a second career
Blessed to have had the distinct honor and humbling privilege to be given the opportunity to serve our great Nation as an US Air Force Pilot for 26 years! Heartfelt Thanks!
Its a great place to work, you are part of a team working to create a better world and I am hoping I get picked for space force. Its unlikely as i am British.
The military provided me with opportunities and experiences that have made me into the person i am who can lead teams and problem solve on the go in stressful situations around the world.
Fantastic place to work, everyone is friendly and seems to know their job well. A little down side is there are a lot of small changes(nothing affects your workload) and a bit of red tape too. Overall I would thoroughly recommend working here and the benefits are excellent.
The Air Force was initially an obligation to serve my country. The longer I was in the Air Force the more I wanted to stay. The training is incredible, the adventures can't be beat. The honor of defending my country is something that makes me proud
I was in maintenance so the typical day was fast-passed with long hours. They give you all the necessary training you need to do your job for the most part. With the way annual performance reports were set up, it was a very competitive environment as far as receiving positive promotion statements goes.
If your single and want to a great life experience then go for it. Do your research on jobs and choose wisely. Do not believe what your recruiter shows you or tells you about the jobs.