U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 326 reviews matching the search See all 25,876 reviews
It did what it was supposed to do for me.
Backshop Hydraulic Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakenheath1 November 2019
I was in maintenance so the typical day was fast-passed with long hours. They give you all the necessary training you need to do your job for the most part. With the way annual performance reports were set up, it was a very competitive environment as far as receiving positive promotion statements goes.
Its what you make of it
Base Defense Operations Center Controller (Former Employee) –  Mildenhall31 October 2019
If your single and want to a great life experience then go for it. Do your research on jobs and choose wisely. Do not believe what your recruiter shows you or tells you about the jobs.
the great place to work for however I am a bit more ambitious still looking for a challenge
Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  RAF FAIRFORD, GL.15 September 2019
early starts at 7am finish at 3.30pm
during lunch brake usually going to the gym for an hour to ease stress
every day is a lesson and chance to gain a new experience
love facing challenges
Great job. Great benefits.
Aircraft Mechanic/Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  All over the planet.15 September 2019
-The United States Air Force, like any military career, is exactly what you make of it.

-Your Effort to Result ratio is linear.

-Highly recommend.
Outstanding!
Joint Interface Control Officer/Air Battle Manager (Former Employee) –  All over the world10 September 2019
Great place to start your life in the working sector, or build a career. I started with the expectation that I was only going to be in for 4 to 6 years. I ended up retiring after 25 years.
Working here will make you lose intelligence
CAD Designer/Additive Manufacturing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakenheath19 August 2019
Never before have I just wanted to get my work done and was prented by my employer from doing so on a daily basis.

Prepare to sacrifice the essential and the crucial for the frivolous and the trivial.
Great place to Volunteer
Volunteer - Airmens' Attic (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  RAF Croughton, UK16 August 2019
I was in a volunteer role and absolutely loved it. The people for the most part are very warm and personable. It is nice to have the camaraderie when abroad and so far from loved ones.
Thoroughly satisfying career.
Production Superintendent (Former Employee) –  All over10 August 2019
I spent 24 years doing something I loved, and the skills I gained there led me to an amazing second career. I encourage anyone who qualifies to seriously consider a career in the US Air Force.
Pros
Coworkers will be family forever.
Cons
You still work with people, some are better than others.
Great place to learn skills and get experience.
E6/TSGT (Former Employee) –  All over the world8 August 2019
Would not trade my time in the Air Force for anything. Many opportunities to learn and travel, as well as see other cultures and experience them. Just good opportunities.
Good opportunity
Technical Control Engineer - RAF Croughton (Former Employee) –  Croughton29 July 2019
Not for everyone but provides great opportunities. You have to be prepared to pick up and leave to go anywhere around the world at anytime. It’s a great way to start a career.
Dealing with in-house labour force and external contractors. On-site food and coffee shop. Bowling facility.
Facility Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fairford, Glos, UK17 July 2019
Fantastic people and exciting work. Very secure place to work in a beautiful area of the United Kingdom. Plenty of variety and a culture of respect between military and civilian personnel.
Pros
Subsidised bowling, lunch & coffee
Cons
Subject to military spending cuts
What you learned
Resource Advisor (Former Employee) –  England13 July 2019
I learned that more than loyalty you must to be committed to grow in your passion and touch the lives of others, helping make the world a better place.
Overall the Air Force was great
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  RAF Lakenheath3 July 2019
My days consist of 12-14hr shifts of hard manual labor I learned new things everyday even after 4 years! It was routine to service and inspect aircraft daily. When broken I would troubleshoot and then remove and replace bad parts. Parts ranging from actuators and pumps all the way down to transmitters and lightbulbs.
Air Force
Information Technology Manager, 48th FSS (Former Employee) –  Lakenheath29 June 2019
It was 21 years of learning. It gave me the much needed skills I needed to succeed. I am grateful I worked with so many great people and for the places I have seen.
NAF employees are underpaid
Contracting Officer (Former Employee) –  Lakenheath23 June 2019
I loved working for the Air Force. Management was supportive and I had opportunities for training. However, in my position, there was no avenue for career advancement. The worst aspect is that the NAF payscale is so low, at least for an NF-3 overseas. I had to find a GS position to make a decent living.
Air Force is the military
Statistician and Database Manager (Former Employee) –  All over7 June 2019
It was the military. Learned skills inside military that individuals will not get in civilian life.The training that was given to me was over 18 months in database management in statistics. In that time I learned how to present a PowerPoint presentations and complete a 12 step analysis process.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, 16+
My feel for the Air Force is that it had its ups and downs
Non- Commission Officer (Former Employee) –  Mildenhall7 June 2019
My overall experience in the Air Force was great. If I had to do it all over again I would. My last years were not great but that was do to an injury. I would definitely recommend the Air Force to someone who has no direction and is looking for something greater that themselves.
Drone
Drone (Current Employee) –  All over5 June 2019
It seems like if you are charismatic or good with your supervisor they will do anything to help you. The reverse side is if you do well at your job and excel the same supervisor will take your work and put it on their favorite's performance reports and make yours look like trash. Looking forward to retiring and never looking back at what has become a huge waste of time thanks to the "improved" promotion system.
Great experience
Human Resources/Personnel Manager (Current Employee) –  Croughton21 May 2019
After 23 years, I would do it all again. Would recommend to anyone who needs a secure lifestyle and guidance for future objectives. Hope my son follows in my footsteps
Pros
job training
Cons
deployments
United States Air Force
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  All Over the World17 May 2019
The Air Force is a good start for any young man or woman that has no knowledge of where they want to go or do in life. It was a wonderful experience traveling the world and experiencing things that I never would have if I had stayed home and worked a regular 9-5.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Family sacrifices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5