Ty Hafan Management reviews

Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sully, Vale of Glamorgan5 July 2017
Amazing place to work with no 2 days the same. The staff work well together and look out for each other. management are supportive and helpful but not as open to helping staff advance.
Pros
Great work mates
Cons
Difficult to advance
Fun workplace
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Neath Port Talbot9 August 2016
Ty Hafan was a very fun place to work where the staff were responsible and enjoyable to work with. I have learned many things about the working world whilst I was there as I interacted with many members of the community who came in to the shop. The management and co-workers were very good, they were strict and determined that the job was done well but were also very enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job for me was working off the shop floor and having to work at the same speed as the other volunteers who worked there. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the various amount of customers that visited the store.
Pros
Flexible hours, interacting and meeting various new people
Cons
Unpaid work
productive and fun working place
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff10 June 2016
From my experience, i have learnt how to handle customers who may have problems and i am able to solve them on my own. I have got skills from working there such as time management etc.
fun work place
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Newport, WLS1 November 2015
Typical day in work is start off with a cup tea then sort out what im needed to do either on the till serving or out the back sorting stock,if im on the till i serve customers keep shop floor tidy,general cleaning and let my deputy manager know if we need more stock on shop floor and go through donation bags for new stock,if im out the back i sort out donation bags and i input various information on the computer.I get on well with all my co-workers and get on well with management.i have learned alot since i have been there ie working on a till putting information on the computer sorting out stock.The most enjoyable part of the job is working on the till because i get to talk n serve to diffrent customers and help them out if needed working in TY HAFAN has give me the experience in retail work.
Pros
Meeting and talking to new people and the interraction
fun and rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bridgdend31 July 2015
Working in Ty Hafan I was checking the quality and sale worthiness of donations and pricing up items for shop floor. I also worked in the back rooms sorting and tagging items that just come in. I mainly worked out on shop floor and on the till.
I learned to manage a till and shop floor for most of a day by myself, and how to deal with customers on a face to face basis.
I also took part in some management training.
The management team and all my co-workers there were great, very friendly.
There wasn't really a hardest part to this job.
The most enjoyable part of working in Ty Hafan was the feeling that Im doing something good for somebody else.
and I loved just getting out and working again.
good times and bad time
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cowbridge1 December 2014
Great day when all work as team which not the case always
I noticed in cowbridge.
Management sad when two people cant get on with each and effects others and now one has handed in there notice cause of no name given but they know who they are.
Security Poor little Advice for cowbridge cameras needed in back store also in front shop looking over till counter and camera for back part of shop.
arrange clothes came across to many empty hanger and not due to customers taking clothes of and bring to till counter.
enjoyable management that's 3 persons out of 4 volunteer good
in some ways.
keeping place clean out back and organized when such a small area not all volunteers do and leave to management how I know is I spent 5 days 10am till 4 to 5 pm and I don't get paid for it and not seen one pick up the hoover when im the only one. its about team work and H&S some days clothes left about in back tagging area hanging of clothes on shop floor not organized since one management been away for 4 weeks.
now back causing some issue and few volunteer have left due to one management handing notice when been working volunteer for months if not years ?
Pros
enjoy working for training perposes for first time retail
Cons
Management team work as said 3 good 4th bad leading issues
Hard work and challenging
Children's charity shop manager (Former Employee) –  WLS8 February 2014
Thriving job with little gratitude. Typical day of new volunteers and work placements, training staff and organising shop to perform better. Hardest part of the job to increase profits in a run down part of Neath, Most enjoyable seeing my hard work appreciated by volunteers and customers
Pros
Meeting new people