Turtle Bay

Turtle Bay Employee Reviews

United Kingdom129 reviews
Review
Excellent environment to work within. The workforce of the conpany is at the heart of the way the restaurants work. All staff are treated as equals and is a real driving force
Fun workpace
Its a fun and fast paced enviroment, relaxed, nice and fun people managers and staff get along realy well . The days are different, its a busy restaurant with nice food
The worst company I have ever worked for
I did my own rotas. But was pretty much made to work 70 hours plus. I was told to sack and get rid of who ever I needed to , but when I did it was held against me.
Managers asking you for numbers for drug dealers ‘ to help them through shifts’

I fell ill and asked for time off due to be burnt out. I was given holiday instead of sick pay then ‘let go’ as I was too ill.

Horrid company to work for
Worst place
Managers treat you terribly and are predators who do not care about the employees well being at all. You have to pay out of your own pocket to make the 3% . Big bosses dont care and you are treated as disposable.
Fast paced but rewarding
The experience gained from working at Turtle bay was invaluable but you have to work hard to maintain their standards. Long hours can mean it’s not for everyone but if you can handle it you will have a lot of fun
Good place to work ..if you are confident in your role
I recommend turtle bay to work ..if your a chef who like working under pressure .you will learn a lot there how to work with specs and turtle recipes
12 March 2020
Thanks for recommending us, we hope you learned loads with us! Hope you're enjoying your new role :)
Disgraceful.
This company exploits it's workers by making them feel guilty when they are asked to perform ridiculous feats at work. They lie during the interview process and also rush this process to secure a signature on their work contracts.
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
Cons
All aspects of the job.
12 March 2020
We're really disappointed to read that your experience with us hasn't matched what we'd expect. We always welcome feedback and ways to improve so feel free to get in touch with us if you want to chat further.
Always understaffed to save money!
Who is on a salary is taking all the hits for the labour cut. Managers have to do waiters and bartender shifts, plus all the rest of the KPI they are assigned. Doing mental hours for very poor money. 16-hour shifts, and nonexistent breaks.
Cons
Long shift, poor wages
working there is salvery
Terrible pay, terrible management, they will use the fact that you have 0 hour contracts against you and you can go weeks without a job, especially if they decide to pay favourites. They will occasionally give you inhumane hours, I once did a 15 hour shift(you don't get paid for you don't get paid breaks either). Getting sick pay is an extremely unnecessarily difficult process. Many cases of harassment have been reported and nothing has been done. Avoid working here at all cost.
12 March 2020
I appreciate it's been a few weeks since you left this review however, we'd always like to chat further. If you haven't spoken to someone from the HR team in this time then please get in touch.
Fun and busy
No day is the same, fast paced and energetic with a good buzz around. The staff are like a family and they offer training ...........................
very relaxed
the work is very relaxed and simple but not much guidance with what to do or how to do so can feel lost when first start but overall not bad because of the music
I have worked for turtle bay for over a year now and believe it is the best place I’ve ever worked. Of course there is stress like any restaurant job but the team are amazing and everyone acts like they’re part of a big family.
Fun workplace
Typical day included taking orders, running food and drink and engaging in conversations with customers. Turtle Bay is big on customer service and getting to know your customers, they arent a customer they are a 'guest'.
Stressfull atmosphere
Didnt like the place
They treated as if I was a slave

All the blames were on kitchen

Only kitchen was to reduce labour cost

Front of house had so many good for nothing people

But they were still working

They threatened to demote
Wasnt a nice ride for me
Probably one of the most unfair workplace. Incompetent management racist and biased management
Always try to pay you less. No work amd life balance was just a disaster wouldnt recomend my enemy to work there
avoid
terrible place to work treated poorly, wage is okay but you are constantly under pressure and made to feel terrible if you fall behind, nice food besides that would fully avoid
Take for less but not give for more
Worked there for a year in Leeds as sous chef.
Salary promises and not met, working over-contracted hours with never a bonus or over time pay.

But if one week you do below you contracted hours they will deduct.

Pretty sure it’s illegal. But instead of hanging around I left as the people in head office like most head office don’t

talk to their staff about how they feel, but things like that tell me they don’t want to care. As long as the numbers are there, GM’s are happy when they’re usually the laziest people with the biggest salary.

Wouldn’t recommend,specially if your a chef. Don’t waste your time go for a smaller company. Not as much he said she said in regards to what you get told from higher management.

Where someone might remotely want you to succeed/progress rather than one just keep the boat going for their life.
fun workplace
You can get enough hours, it's flexible also you can combine with your studies. Turtle Bay is a nice company for work. You need to go to work focus because sometimes is very busy.
lack of knowing how to treat a good staff
working hard for 9 months some weeks without releasing and without notifying me and for no reason left me without work hours twice very bad treatment. I decided to look for another job since they didn't give me time and they didn't explain why, when they got another job they called me back to tell them that I had another job they offered me my job again and promised to keep it, two weeks of work and again they left me without hours and without giving me any exolication I felt that they made fun of me, I was forced to give up and be left with nothing.
Not setting the standard but far from the worst
Decent enough place to work. Pleasant enough staff environment. Big on staff turnover which is never encouraging. Harsh on kitchen staff, known to not pay if worked over an expected timeframe (sometimes setting impossible targets for the KPs). In house benefits and bonuses are next to non-existent. Terrible tips system bordering company theft. Aside from this it's alright.
Avoid
Awful management. Poor standards. The Job itself is easy as pie. And the people are awesome. But the management is more than lacking. On every level...