Turning Point Employee Reviews

Promoted within 4 months
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire24 March 2018
I joined turning point in November and have loved it from day one. I have over 6 years experience of being a support worker and never felt fully happy as I do with turning point. 2 days are never the same and it’s amazing to see how my service user has improved since being with turning point. Get our challenging days but I wouldn’t change them as it what makes me love my job. Looking forward to starting as a senior support worker this week and progressing even more in the future! Thank you turning point for this opportunity
Pros
Progression, decent pay for support work, new reward, good annual leave
Cons
Unsociable hours
fun and professional workplace
Support Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Birchington, Kent13 March 2018
I found turning point was very professional and gave me a lot of skills to take away, also i became trained in first aid and bugal and modazolam trained.
Hard working and demanding
Various Job Roles (Current Employee) –  London18 February 2018
Demanding and difficult to manage without guidance, with guidance and support, you can achieve great things, all depends on the service and commissioner vision.
10 years was more than enough
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa5 February 2018
supporting those with disabilities is exceptionally rewarding and on a day to day basis this was a great job. however Turning Point is constantly expanding despite the fact that existing services are stretched and under staffed. I personally felt the need to go due to low pay and stress caused by low staffing and HR complaining about amount spent on agency. why cant the Service users do more in house activities where we don't need the staff? was HRs solution. this to me does not seem very customer friendly having worked with this group of individuals for 10 years they are used to going out daily not once a week if we've got the staff.
Also very little understanding or compassion offered by senior management for staff health concerns support negligible and purely dependent on how good your line manager was- I had a good one otherwise I'd have gone sooner
Pros
good annual leave entitlement
Cons
unsocial hours with no enhancements
Not a good place to work. Overworked - under paid
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire13 January 2018
I worked here for a while and have never worked for a company so disorganised, with to many management who work against staff. The paperwork which i understand is a legal requirement takes up more time than looking after actual service users, plus the amount of time you do completing paperwork, in my opinion the service users were neglected. I could do nothing about this and could not cope anymore working for such an unhappy, disorganised workplace. Who care more about ticks on paperwork rather than genuine care of people with special needs.
Pros
The serive users were amazing people
challenging and rewarding
Manager (Current Employee) –  England11 January 2018
I've worked for the company for coming up to 5 years, what people don't realise coming into health and social care just how demanding a job it is, and therefore you need a specific mind set.

We are the first area hit with cuts every year, making the job harder and challenging, but the job is what you make it. Not everyday will be the same, some days can be tougher than others but when you have a good day it will out weigh the negative.

Managers despite what is said do work really hard behind the scenes, and the job is becoming more more paper focused to ensure that changes to the legislation are contentiously being met, which is why it is harder to come out on the floor.

I have found Turning Point to move with the times, putting the people at the heart of everything, from individual regions to a National Peoples Parliament, which gives the people who are being supported to have their chance to have a say.

I've seen people who never have voted before, vote for the first time because they want to have a say in the quality of their care, people who were institutionalised in long stay hospitals thrive in a more relaxed setting.

On a daily basis, I hear laughter from the staff and the people we support, and look forward to coming to work everyday....and I mean that.
Pros
The people being supported
Excellent staff teams
Senior Support Worker and Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Derby10 January 2018
Underpaid for the amount of work staff do especially since the job can be mentally draining and physically challenging when dealing with service users with challenging behaviors.

Need to offer more nationally recognized training courses for staff to advance into management.
Pros
Excellent staff teams
Cons
Underpaid
Stay away from this company
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria9 January 2018
When I first started the support, training, area Manager was excellent. Once the area manager left the home Manager is never to been seen, not supportive and not interested in the welfare of the people of staff. The new senior manager doesn’t care also and allows the home Manager to get away with absolutely everything. The home has no structure no work life balance not cared for. The staff are good and care deeply for the people but the lack of support has brought the moral down within the team. The company is disorganised and is a blame culture company. It is such a shame as in the beginning it was such a good supportive company. It needs true leadership and not a bombastic do as your told approach. Such a high turnover of staff now there is no continuity.
Pros
Training
Cons
Poor leadership
Terribly managed, serous concerns regarding safety, agency staff .
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent4 January 2018
Registered manager absolutely awful, no skills in leading a team at all and relies on team leaders to carry the roles that have been allocated!
managment don't have a clue what their job role is let alone for the support workers.
Always understaffed
Very high turn over of staff
Poor wages
Sickness policy only 3 periods with in a year once you go past this you get put back on probation with first formal warning. Sick again final formal warning and then they threaten to sack you! Totally reliant on agency workers
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Thanet, Kent11 November 2017
A typical work day is very productive, as i was designated to care for one individual at a time. I learnt how to care for individual with dementia and other complex disabilitiy.
Bullies. Not a good company to work for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire21 October 2017
Dont consider this company.. culture is one of bullying which starts at the top and filters down to the ones who try so hard. Person centred? Definatly not for the service users, they are a means to an end.
They cant get staff & run on agency.. stay well away.
Pros
Service usets
Cons
Bullying condoned & promoted
Bad management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chipping Norton10 October 2017
I wouldn't recommend working for company
Bad management no communication little support
Service users left alone not person centred little positive behaviour support
Lack of knowledge from management unapproachable no knowledge of current care legislation
Run by agency workers lack of staff unsafe and service users unhappy quite a culture to be involved in
Avoid ......
Pros
Cons
Lots
bullies
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham2 October 2017
Nasty two faced people,bad managment,everyone cares about other people"s business not about residents,this company made me sick to work there,i was bullied on everyday basis
Stay well away from this company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Derby1 October 2017
Worked for this caring company many years. Caring they certainly are Not . They expect to much for little pay. Its all about looking good not about the service users. They never take responsibility for their actions they are disgusting.
They make assumtions with out actually discussing issues
Pros
Service users
Cons
The company as a whole
Poor management but lovely staff
SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire12 September 2017
Poor management skills as they don't want to work, undermine staff on a daily basis! Staff have to do a lot of the managements jobs. Higher management don't want to listen to staff worries and concerns regarding tenants or management. Staff at the service are lovely and very hard working! A lot of staff have left in a small amount of time but this hasn't been flagged up as to why they have left?!! The only people who are really suffering are the tenants who live at the service.
Pros
Staff and tenants
Cons
Management on all levels
Lovely Service to work in - TP as a national company is sadly lacking
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire8 September 2017
The Corner House service is an excellent service to work in and was rated 'good' overall by CQC.

Unfortunately due to the bad managements from Turning Point the service had to close due to no patients being admitted.
great place to work
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire7 September 2017
the best part of this job was interacting with different service users. I enjoyed the training and working with my colleagues and the general working environment.
Poor management. Uneducated staff
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire5 September 2017
Poor management listening to uneducated senior staff that make it hard for new staff to get to know people. Lots of bullies make it uncomfortable for others. Friends and families working on same shifts.
Pros
Cons
Staff and management
Professional Development
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire31 August 2017
Whilst working for turning point, I was able to progress professionally from being a support Worker, to an Occupational Therapy Assistant. I received help with my dyslexia in order to fully reach my potential.
Hard to describe
Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 August 2017
People in charge are poor excuse for management. Staff is backstabbing each other, with senior management support and encouragement. Health and Safety rules are totally ignored. Some staff members are openly racist. Human Resource is a joke. If you are liked to be abuse this place is for you,
Pros
Cons
Discrimination, backstabbing, poor management ... too many to mention.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turning Point. Our community is ready to answer.