Turning Point

Turning Point Employee Reviews

I love the work environment and helping people, responsibility and management are supportive. Working shifts is tough and the pay is low for the unsociable hours and the nature of the work. But we don't do this work for the money do we?!
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Cons
Low pay and shift work
Management do no care about staff or service users. Complaints or concerns are ignored. Management are lazy and form a clique they make it very clear that they dislike staff that raise concerns. The training provided during induction is poor, you learn very little in those two weeks.
Pros
Lovely service users and staff
Cons
Slow work. Poor pay. Bad management
If you have mental health difficulties yourself DO NOT WORK HERE. They do not support you as a staff member and I had such bad anxiety and depression due to the work environment & caseload. I was made to feel very excluded the managers (they are very cliquey) and went home crying most nights because of how awful it was. As others say if you do not fit in you will be made very aware and my manager was the worst manager I've ever had. There is a reason the wellbeing practitioners get qualified and move on. People make out they are your friends and then talk about you behind your back and to your manager. It is not a fun environment it will make you second guess everything you do. This place made me so anxious to talk to my future manager in my next role and they make it clear they hold a lot of power over you. Just take my advice if you are a kind soul they will drain you.
Pros
Good starting wage
Cons
Everything else.
Very poor culture within the organisation,management have their favourites ,no progression and jobs always given to favourites,biased manageMent here!
Pros
Service users
Cons
Biased management
Do not waste your time in working for Turning Point Earls Court. To begin with the HR department are rubbish. They need constant chasing from the job offer to confirming a start date. Once you're in there, management are no better. Communication is non existent apart from when they want to highlight areas which are lacking, there is no formal and proper training and induction; current staff are expected to use their initiative to show the new starter the ropes, the service on Warwick Road requires staff to cook for the residents twice a day (this also requires staff to clean the kitchen), also the service on Warwick Road is a care home and there is no recovery work as such because residents there are settled, so staff merely attend appointments with residents, conduct room support (help them clean their rooms), conduct support sessions (most residents don't engage), conduct weekly and monthly checks of the building and rooms, daily medication and ensuring the building is clean. There was a cleaner but they've not had one for months and the building is filthy. The night staff are meant to do their fair share of the cleaning as the residents are normally in bed so they have little to none support work to do. But they are now refusing to clean because they are protesting against management apparently. Oh and there is a bed bug infestation which has scared all recent and current staff away, hence they're hiring a whole new batch of staff.
Do not work for turning point It's a money oriented organizational pretending to be a Charity. Management do not care about staff and working for Turning Point is absolutely soulless........ Bad organization. The pay for the hours they push you to work is incredibly poor....... Not a good place to work at all
I could not recommebd TP to anyone. They are low paid and I left because over about four months they didn't pay expenses on time and expected you to wait two months yet still drive,on a low wage,across county. Some people were also not paid their wages during this period too
Pros
Cons
Too many to fit here
Good team ethos -including managers Supporting those who have issues with Drug & Alcohol addiction , In a fast paced busy office Lots of evidencing / computer updating /care plans/ reviews/ risk assessments etc Does great things for clients in recovery
Worked with the company for many years. Management are all friends they get each other jobs and where they want to be and drive others out. I requested a leavers interview at the beginning on February chased it up several times and still not received a call.
For your own sake, never, ever, work for Turning Point in Croydon. The place is volatile! The majority of staff are rude and management don’t have a clue what they’re doing. I was taken on as a manager in a role I had never done before. However, I was given no training and no guidance on how to actually to the job. I was left in a room by myself for days on end just expected to work it out for myself. The person, P, who had done the job previously had clearly not been doing it effectively as his results were terrible. I was supposed to manage three volunteers, all of whom had become too comfortable not being managed; this was in comparison to other sites who had at least 20 on their books. It was an embarrassment, the whole thing. Staff would shout at each other on a daily basis and I was left with no base and as a result a bad back.
A good environment to work in. However the pay is exactly minimum wage so that can be a bit tight for living. Otherwise I really enjoy what i do and would definitely recommend it.
The place is full of clicks if you face doesn’t fit they don’t want to know you if you bring something up they don’t like they make your life hard too many managers and seniors who think they know what there doing but don’t really have a clue managers are hardly ever there they brush problems under the carpet so they don’t have to deal with them no work and life balance most staff are bullies and intimidated you
My last hours with turning point was not paid until now. I have been trying to pursue my dues but to no avail.And management was alright depending on some managers attitude and experience.Albeit other managers lacked experience and were not friendly. But generally the work colleagues were fine to work with.
Pros
Created friendship with certain individuals
Cons
The pressure when you are short staffed
Avoid this company awfull management Worst managers ever worked for run by manipulative bullies more interested in policies and procedures time top management woke up trained staff properly managers need training in people skills
bullying is common place and your face has to fit the pay is hit and miss not always paid for hours worked and the rota is altered without notice and you don't always know your shifts more than a day in advance.
Pros
Cons
long hours no breaks
Would definitely recommend - innovative and inclusive organisation. Wellbeing for staff is second to none, management fair, friendly and approachable.
Turning point has lost most of its experienced, compassionate workers who taught you how to die true drug treatment. The management have favourites who they progress no matter their skills or suitability for the job. It’s now all about money and they will use their charity status as a reason to underpay and over work. It’s a blame culture, the management make mistakes and overwork staff so they can go early. They are uncontactable during a crisis and only appear when the inspectors do to give even more grief.yet they will harass you on leave and bombard you with work. no support, no progression and incompetent management who only cares about status and their pay. They don’t care about vulnerable clients, they set them up to fail then punish them.
Pros
Some of the shop floor staff. The SU’s.
Cons
Management greed and incompetence, high wages for the top, punishment culture for staff and SUs, overworked, poor pay, no progression, dangerous working conditions, lack of empathy for SUs from management, no therapeutic work completed, over reliance on volunteers without progressing them.
The manager let residents get away with drug use and misbehaviour. Management hire people who does not have a clue about management or mental health, and they get paid a lot more than the support/key workers. If you want to feel unappreciated, unvalued and stand outside smoking cigarettes all day. This is the job for you.
Pros
Free tea and toast
Cons
Poor morale in the team
Staff are stressed going of sick due to lack of support. Not fully training when new staff join. Staff are there months and months or years before trained correctly.
Pros
lovely clients
Cons
need new management
There is a prevailing culture of abuse and intimidation initiated by the management!!!......many members of staff fear for their wellbeing and safety !!..... the service users are left for long periods in their own faeces and without any form of engagement or stimulation !!....the houses are not clean and have serious infection control issues ....they are regularly under The supervision of partially trained staff the supervision of partially trained staffpartipartiallyststaffstaffstaffwwho try to provide
A supportive team and everyone strives to provide the best support to vulnerable people Management approachable and very supportive. Pay could be better but that’s social care!
  1. Employee reviews