Tui Group

Tui Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom353 reviews
Tui uk
Not bad hours, although the pay could be better.
Many different departments you could potentially work in.

Weddings, pre travel sales

Management are okay
Work hard & Play hard - Great lifestyle working abroad.
Great for the lifestyle and ability to travel.
Working for TUI Travel, I gained a lot of experience in customer service and sales. Starting as a rep and developing to a Team Manager, my job role was being responsible for the a. My main reason for leaving Tui as I felt I achieved to the best of my ability within the company and needed a change of environment. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working as part of a team to achieve success and within the travel industry to help and give customers a once in a lifetime experiences.
Bad Management
Branch managers are under too much pressure to hit targets. This resonates down to staff.
The online training was good for destination knowledge but system training was abysmal.

I loved the actual job. I got a real buzz from finding the right holiday for customers.

The company needs to take proper care of the new starters. Staff turnover is immense.
A great experience
With both job roles that I had whilst working at TUI it's fair to say every day is different. I had to use my skills of problem solving, selling, public speaking and even entertainting. I learnt so much from my time with this company therefore I would like to continue providing excellent customer service in my next place of work.
No two days, people, & situations are ever the same. That's what makes me look forward to keep each & every da, month & year
As Cabin Manager, I both motivate & develope my crew even on the most stressful of days. I seek the guidance of my great line managers as well as pilots. I have the ability to "see the bigger picture" as well as putting myself in the other person's shoes.
Don’t do it
Poor company to work for they sell you all these benefits, discounted holidays, free holidays, lots of educational trips and much more. You don’t get any of the benefits the wages are shocking for the amount of rubbish you have to put up with from managers been bullies and trying to twist things on other staff members and when speak up for yourself they try and tell you your not well and need to go to councerlling and blame everything on mental health. Numerous complaints from customers about management and customers avoiding the shops when particular managers are in all issues raised with an area manager who did action plans but then took them off a few months after. Not a professional workplace the girls are very catty and it’s like being at school. The only decent thing to come out of my 3 years working for the company was the customers. Shocking work place only work for them if you’re ok to put up with rubbish and not say anything because otherwise this isn’t the work place for you, I was third in charge at the store never got a penny extra when I was doing the assistant manager role and the assistant manager was doing the managers role because the manager was that slack she couldn’t even get her head she was taking Co-Codamol every few hours of the day and drinking every night and coming into work hanging out of her backside every day. This job caused me so much stress would cry myself to sleep because of how badly i was treated and not listened to even asked for a meeting with head office about all this and was laughed in my face.
Overseas Rep position
I have worked a total of six seasons with TUI so far. It is the most incredible job, I cannot explain how much I love it. It is a huge challenge and you must be prepared for hard work and more than a holiday, but it's a family like support network from TUI. The training is thorough and ongoing throughout the time away. Opportunities for progression are always available to the right candidate.
great company and people
great place to work with great people.
good benefits after 12 months service

fast paced environment but exciting job where no two days are the same.

hardest part of the job is working under pressure with different people everyday.
Amazing iob
Fantastic from start to finish. If you love travelling they will teach you what you need to make it a successful job. I’d never worked in tourism before or in a sales role but they gave me all the tools I needed to succeed.
Pros
Meet and amazing people see amazing places
Cons
Can be very hectic at time’s
Good company to work for, must be willing to work hard.
Your day can start from 2am or 11pm so you must be able to work @ all different times of the day. You will be rostered standby days which if you are called you have to be ready and at the briefing table within 90 minutes of being called. Training is tough but you learn a lot. You will make friends for life & loose friends because of the job. Flying gets under your skin. It’s not just a job, it’s a way of life. You will earn a basic wage, flight pay and sales commissions.
Tui group
I worked here for 2 years in one of the smaller shops, we always worked under staffed, the staff turn over at the time was quite a lot, I had 4 managers in 2 years, because of the staffing there was always days with no breaks for lunch etc I got paid till 5:30 but we couldn’t officially do cashing up till that’s time so many times we worked till 6pm with no extra pay
Work Place not great
you do not get sufficiant training then made to look stupid when errors are made, lots of jealousy in the work place. Management was just there for herself - no support at all
The job was enjoyable if you like sales and do what you are prompted to do
I love my job
I love being able to do something I love, the management are amazing and the team I work with are always helpful we work as one team, we also have team nights out to help us bond
Terrible company to work for
Really bad company to work for. You work your backside off for minimum wage. Targets are always too high to achieve so you rarely ever receive a decent commission. They expect the world from you for minimum wage. You’re expected to sell holidays, and push all other imaginable extras - insurance, excursions, lounges, airport parking etc. Management rarely have a clue what they’re doing.
Awful Management
Disjointed company with really awful management who really don’t know what they are doing and fight amongst each other. End of year forces a cull of staff as they te-evaluate budgets. Brutal.
Pros
Rest of the work force are dedicated
Cons
Plenty
Love my job
Like all industries cost cutting measures have been made over the years, which sometimes impacts on the service we are able to provide. However as an employee we are well looked after and overall this is a very good company to work for.
Pros
Holiday concessions, lots of time off, good salary
Cons
Long unsociable hours
Good All round Company
Great company to work for with different departments and roles available to experience. Mainly based in Luton. Started as cabin crew and worked in numerous areas of the business from inflight service, safety recruitment and ground operations
Don't bother..
I started at this company as wanted a fresh start however after a few weeks into the role I regretted it.

Honestly one of the worst companies I have ever worked for, really unorganised, managers that didn't have a clue - although they have worked for the company for years.

They couldn't care about their staff, as long as you were at your desk speaking to customer's - that's it, nothing else matters.

If I could turn back time, I wouldn't of bothered joining - wouldn't recommend at all.
Fun and Exciting
This company is fantastic. You get to work all over the world and really soak up that cultured atmosphere. Work commitments may include; welcome meeting, problem solving, airport transfers, joijing in with hotel activities and many more.
Once work is finished its your free time. go to the beach, soak up the local cuisine or simply sunbathe in the sun.
Challenging but Rewarding
I Always began the day with a motivating, energising team talk outlining expectations and goals that I was expecting from each team member. We all knew what our sales target was and I always encouraged interim updates and feedback so we all knew where we were heading.

Finding and selling our fantastic holiday products to our customers were a joy and this was the most enjoyable, getting to know them personally and putting them at the heart of what we do is our aim.

I learned how to deal with a variety of situations and found that we all had to adapt quickly to overcome them.

The management showed integrity and professionalism at all times and fairness and consistent approaches was illustrated.
Great to work for
This is a great company to work for and you work with all nationalities . Excellent opportunities to work in numerous destinations on a seasonal contact
Pros
Working abroad
Cons
Seasonal