Tui Group Employee Reviews

I loved working for the company s
childrens reprsentivie (Former Employee) –  Europe15 August 2018
I had the best four years with this company always there to help when needed i was able to social with people I wouldn't normally, they seem to treat staff well / fairly and always put the customer first
Pros
Free accomodation and food
fun and fast paced
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Crayford11 July 2018
I enjoyed working here , my colleagues were nice .
There is shift work and weekend work which may not suit everybody .
At the time we got discount on holidays for friends and family
Pros
uniform free travel insurance
Cons
weekend and evening work
high staff turnover, low wage, long hours
Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 June 2018
You will be expected to sell customers as much as you can even if it's not suitable for them, as long as they spend money. If they don't agree to buy on the day you'll have to keep phoning them until they give a definite NO.
You'll be moved around from shop to shop, before you're familiar with the Company systems.
The wage is minimum which is fair enough if you just work the hours contracted but it's expected you stay and you never get paid extra.
With all this you get a high staff turnover.
Pros
Cons
poor wage for hours worked, poor management, poor training.
Good place to learn and develop your skills
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Luton19 June 2018
Good learning environment.
Posibility to know many people across all the business and develop new working strategies.
Helpful team with creativity and ambition
Productive workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swansea8 June 2018
I enjoyed talking with people from different walks of life.

As a contact centre advisor, I got to explore a different side of the travel industry that I'd never seen before.

I highly recommend anyone to work for TUI, brilliant company to work for.
awful management and area management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Northampton6 June 2018
Assistant manager on a 6 month contract - worked my self ragged with the long unpaid overtime due to lack of staff.
Helped out at another store and dismissed due to having a cig break outside the shop and only one other person inside.
No it’s because Tui were getting rid of their high street shops and it was a poor excuse to get ‘rid’ of me.
Funnily enough, all that I worked with did the same thing when there was only ever two working yet didn’t receive the same treatment.
Shocking.
Pros
Free flight seats but within a couple of days
Cons
Long unpaid hours, awful area management and instore management, targets are hard to maintain and staff turnover is massive
don't care for staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire3 June 2018
i worked at TUI for a few months until i had a bad family accident which required my full attention, upon telling my store manager they said i would have to work another 4 weeks before being able to have time off which obviously was no good to me and also not an option, as a result of this i had to resign and leave because they wasn't supportive enough and didnt care at all. also when serving customer they always picked at things i did/didnt say when customers left, training wasnt enough for me i was pretty much left on my own straight away which wasnt no good, didnt train me on FE or travel insurance, really really bad company to work for
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
An Okay First Job
Customer Service Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea3 June 2018
Started out a very good place to work but there's not a lot of progression available. There's a large jump between certain jobs and not a clear progression pathway in place. For the more experienced jobs candidates are often recruited externally which is difficult to understand.
Challenging
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gillingham29 May 2018
Used to to be great but getting to big , feel like you are just a number ... used to feel valued but now feel lost in the crowd, haven’t updated the rewards schemes inline with the rate that holidays have increased
Pros
Holiday concessions
Cons
Unsociable hours
No support for employee
Holiday Representative (Current Employee) –  Aborad23 May 2018
Currently working abroad in one of the destinations and it is absolutely hideous. company policy is to solve all problems on the spot, unfortunately the training we received was a joke. Did not teach the new reps anything (neither necessary information about resort, nor the procedure to deal with certain things). The staff at the local office is absolutely unsupportive, even rude at times, when we turn to them for advice. During my work here in destination I had a few serious complains form the customers and TUI as a company was unable to offer any resolution. As a rep I am always the first point of contact to handle customer frustration, unfortunately I am not given the power to resolve serious matters in satisfactory manner and the senior staff just turn their backs on me in critical situation. Not worth it for the long hours and ridiculous pay we get!
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no support from employer
Good place to work - contracts not great
Travel Advisor (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom21 May 2018
Really love working here. Just the contracts that let them down with the want for you to work ' flexible hours'. I have a young child and there's not really been much flexibility in my favour with returning to work which is sad as I love my job
Well Managed, Lovely People
Content Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 May 2018
Really enjoyed my time here, great team and managers promoting career advancement along with great work life balance. Hoped to have stayed here longer, however on a FTC.
Forward Thinking Conpany
HR Services (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire27 April 2018
Had a well structured interview process and excellent induction programme. The company values its employee's and there is a strong focus on being part of One Big Team.
There is a big commitment to employee learning and development and am looking forward to learning week.
Pros
Open plan friendly offices + free car parking
Great company to work for
Travel consultant (Former Employee) –  Dundee18 April 2018
Great company to work for, lots perks and benefits! Great development opportunities and managers provide great support if you are looking to progress.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire17 April 2018
Great place to work, excellent benefit and a lot of dynamic customer thinking. Lots of travel and a real customer culture - a great place to work would recommend.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Love working for travel, hated working for TUI.
Assistant Manager/Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire31 March 2018
When I first started with the company I was in awe, I thought the training process was incredible, and I thought I’d found my career. Being 19 years old I thought it was great to be working for such a well known company. I started off part time, was thrown right in the deep end. I became an assistant manager after a year and worked in a few different shops. Let’s just say, after a while I realised the nevatives out weighed the positives. You do not get recognition for the hard work and hours you dedicate to the company, you’d be surprised the amount of times you don’t leave on time at the end of the day and you don’t get paid overtime, or get given the time back. They are quick to pull you in the office if you don’t have enough information on an enquiry, or if you were unable to close a sale or get insurance or extras added into the booking. The commission structure is a complete insult. You get an invidual target, as well as a shop target. if the shop doesn’t hit target, you don’t get your comission even if you hit your own personal target. Not a single penny. On the other hand, being an assistant manager it’s rare you get to sell - you sales manage and assist your manager in their day to day role. If the shop hits target, the advisors get their comission, the manager gets a bonus but as an assistant manager you get sweet nothing if you havent done much selling during that month. The wage is also disgusting. For an assistant manager I was on £16,000 a year.
Pros
Money off holidays per year
Cons
7 day trading, comission structure, wage, recognition for hard work, bitchiness.
Unprofessional recruitment process
AP query and processing associate (Former Employee) –  swansea30 March 2018
I interviewed for TUI and was told I'd be contacted the following week...never received any communication after staring at phone for a week, recently met someone who had the same thoughtless arrogant unprofessional treatment.
Cons
Ignorance following interview
A large and faceless corporation
Global General Manager, Sunsail (Former Employee) –  London14 March 2018
Sunsail was a very small cog in a behemoth of a company. Even though Sunsail is one of two yacht charter companies owned by TUI and represents the world's two largest and best charter operators.

I spend my days in meetings and not making plans for how to change and grow.
Pros
The premiere charter fleet globally
Cons
A huge company that does not focus on or specialise in what Sunsail does.
Minimum wage, high expectations
Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  East Anglia7 March 2018
I only lasted for 4 months , high turnover of staff and easy to see why. You are expected to learn too much too quickly working part time hours. Not much support from management.Targets are unreasonable. Very poor customer service.Terrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Low salary
Good company to work for
Senior Customer Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire6 March 2018
Company promote progression within the company but this is not the case, they do give a good work life balance and there is free parking and a subsidised canteen
Pros
free parking, holiday concessions after a year
Cons
working weekend and bank holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tui Group. Our community is ready to answer.