Tui Group Employee Reviews

A job that I enjoyed so much, I didnt feel like I was working...
Academies Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Costa Del Sol, Spain22 November 2018
Having worked as overseas with TUI for the past 3 years, the company have given me an amazing opportunity to develop customer service skills, travel the world and progress in terms of a career path. Since working for the company I have gained valuable interpersonal, customer service and management skills as well as acquiring valuable knowledge of the travel and tourism industry. The environments in which I have worked in have been amazing; holiday vibes all round. Working in the sunshine is definitely a bonus, but working with and working for happy people and guests is even better.
Pros
Sunshine
Cons
Hard to take holidays
Certainly Don’t Put U in the middle
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire11 November 2018
This is a target driven company, the hours are long and the rewards are non existent. You will inevitably work over your hours without being paid overtime or getting the time back or without any thanks. The company is very target driven and is constantly pushing you to hit their unrealistic targets. Don’t expect praise or thank yous to flow freely they are too busy focusing on your targets. The branch I was in had a high turn over a staff and when staff did leave it was always their fault not the managements poor training. If your face fits and you can suck up you will go far
Pros
Cons
High targets, low wages
Great for travel
Holiday Representative (Former Employee) –  Costa del Sol18 September 2018
Great if you want to travel but you must work differently in different resorts. I had to work 5 and half days a week plus airport shifts with no extra pay or time owed in lieu. Other resorts no airport shift s required as they have their own airport team. During high season was made to work 7 high volume hotels on my own with n support from management as he had never worked with TUI UK before. Loved my life experience there but i was overworked and underpaid.
Very demanding but rewarding.
Travel Advisor (Current Employee) –  Midlands5 October 2018
I’m very proud to put my uniform on and work for a well known travel company. I really enjoy my job but it is demanding especially with a small child.
Working in a small shop usually just with 1 other staff member means very rare to get a break (can’t leave the shop). If anyone rings in sick we have to call round to see if other shops can send staff so we can open.
Most days involve working late as banking needs to be complete once shop is closed and if any discrepancies they need to be rectified.
I do enjoy the concessions off my own holidays but the wage is just minimum.
You can work your backside off every month to hit your own personal target but if the combined shop target is not met you don’t get anything in return. Not good when some staff don’t pull their weight.
I love our customers and arranging their dream holidays is the best feeling ever!
Pros
Travel concessions, great working atmosphere
Cons
Long days. Low wage. No breaks.
interesting and learn alot
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife4 October 2018
educational work environment with lots of opportunity to learn new skills
hardest part of the job is learning about every country and destination
learned about data protection and money handling
Pros
money off holidays
Cons
wage is poor and incentives are not great
high staff turnover, low wage, long hours
Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 June 2018
You will be expected to sell customers as much as you can even if it's not suitable for them, as long as they spend money. If they don't agree to buy on the day you'll have to keep phoning them until they give a definite NO.
You'll be moved around from shop to shop, before you're familiar with the Company systems.
The wage is minimum which is fair enough if you just work the hours contracted but it's expected you stay and you never get paid extra.
With all this you get a high staff turnover.
Pros
Cons
poor wage for hours worked, poor management, poor training.
awful management and area management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Northampton6 June 2018
Assistant manager on a 6 month contract - worked my self ragged with the long unpaid overtime due to lack of staff.
Helped out at another store and dismissed due to having a cig break outside the shop and only one other person inside.
No it’s because Tui were getting rid of their high street shops and it was a poor excuse to get ‘rid’ of me.
Funnily enough, all that I worked with did the same thing when there was only ever two working yet didn’t receive the same treatment.
Shocking.
Pros
Free flight seats but within a couple of days
Cons
Long unpaid hours, awful area management and instore management, targets are hard to maintain and staff turnover is massive
don't care for staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire3 June 2018
i worked at TUI for a few months until i had a bad family accident which required my full attention, upon telling my store manager they said i would have to work another 4 weeks before being able to have time off which obviously was no good to me and also not an option, as a result of this i had to resign and leave because they wasn't supportive enough and didnt care at all. also when serving customer they always picked at things i did/didnt say when customers left, training wasnt enough for me i was pretty much left on my own straight away which wasnt no good, didnt train me on FE or travel insurance, really really bad company to work for
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I loved working for the company s
childrens reprsentivie (Former Employee) –  Europe15 August 2018
I had the best four years with this company always there to help when needed i was able to social with people I wouldn't normally, they seem to treat staff well / fairly and always put the customer first
Pros
Free accomodation and food
Fun Workplace for Travelers
Entertainment Manager (Former Employee) –  Greece26 November 2018
I had a couple of great years with them. Working as an Entertainer or Entertainment Manager is a hard job, but it is the best thing in the world. Long working hours but lots of fun.
amazing
TUI head OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Coventry1 October 2018
I loved my job with TUI. Everything from the job itself to the people I worked with.
I was constantly praised and appreciated. I had the most amazing time working for TUI
Pros
educationals
Cons
the distance from my home
good childcare
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turkey5 October 2018
The group of people I worked with were lovely,the manager of the the nursery did an amazing job. The hours were long but we all helped each other ,It was a opportunity to work in another country.
it was a great start to finding work abroad
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normandy23 August 2018
i loved working here but it wasnt under my usual profession and i guess if i was under my usual profession then i would of been there a lot longer. overall great staff and place
An Okay First Job
Customer Service Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea3 June 2018
Started out a very good place to work but there's not a lot of progression available. There's a large jump between certain jobs and not a clear progression pathway in place. For the more experienced jobs candidates are often recruited externally which is difficult to understand.
fun and fast paced
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Crayford11 July 2018
I enjoyed working here , my colleagues were nice .
There is shift work and weekend work which may not suit everybody .
At the time we got discount on holidays for friends and family
Pros
uniform free travel insurance
Cons
weekend and evening work
Tui
Controller (Current Employee) –  UK10 September 2018
Getting less like a council and NHS to a more modern company. Credit to recent MD's for slowly but surely making some bold moves. Overall not a bad company to work for.
Pros
Some occasional perks
Cons
Salaries are low
Fun workplace
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Leeds26 September 2018
One of the best jobs I love it. I have flown for over 10 years and have been lucky enough to see the world and meet some wonderful people along the way.
Pros
Travelling the world
Cons
No job security
Thoroughly enjoyed working here!!!
Customer Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands20 August 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working here, the only reason for leaving was due to the Thomson / First Choice merger and my role relocating to Manchester which was not suitable
No support for employee
Holiday Representative (Current Employee) –  Aborad23 May 2018
Currently working abroad in one of the destinations and it is absolutely hideous. company policy is to solve all problems on the spot, unfortunately the training we received was a joke. Did not teach the new reps anything (neither necessary information about resort, nor the procedure to deal with certain things). The staff at the local office is absolutely unsupportive, even rude at times, when we turn to them for advice. During my work here in destination I had a few serious complains form the customers and TUI as a company was unable to offer any resolution. As a rep I am always the first point of contact to handle customer frustration, unfortunately I am not given the power to resolve serious matters in satisfactory manner and the senior staff just turn their backs on me in critical situation. Not worth it for the long hours and ridiculous pay we get!
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no support from employer
Productive workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swansea8 June 2018
I enjoyed talking with people from different walks of life.

As a contact centre advisor, I got to explore a different side of the travel industry that I'd never seen before.

I highly recommend anyone to work for TUI, brilliant company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tui Group. Our community is ready to answer.