Tui Group Employee Reviews

Love working for travel, hated working for TUI.
Assistant Manager/Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire31 March 2018
When I first started with the company I was in awe, I thought the training process was incredible, and I thought I’d found my career. Being 19 years old I thought it was great to be working for such a well known company. I started off part time, was thrown right in the deep end. I became an assistant manager after a year and worked in a few different shops. Let’s just say, after a while I realised the nevatives out weighed the positives. You do not get recognition for the hard work and hours you dedicate to the company, you’d be surprised the amount of times you don’t leave on time at the end of the day and you don’t get paid overtime, or get given the time back. They are quick to pull you in the office if you don’t have enough information on an enquiry, or if you were unable to close a sale or get insurance or extras added into the booking. The commission structure is a complete insult. You get an invidual target, as well as a shop target. if the shop doesn’t hit target, you don’t get your comission even if you hit your own personal target. Not a single penny. On the other hand, being an assistant manager it’s rare you get to sell - you sales manage and assist your manager in their day to day role. If the shop hits target, the advisors get their comission, the manager gets a bonus but as an assistant manager you get sweet nothing if you havent done much selling during that month. The wage is also disgusting. For an assistant manager I was on £16,000 a year.
Pros
Money off holidays per year
Cons
7 day trading, comission structure, wage, recognition for hard work, bitchiness.
Unprofessional recruitment process
AP query and processing associate (Former Employee) –  swansea30 March 2018
I interviewed for TUI and was told I'd be contacted the following week...never received any communication after staring at phone for a week, recently met someone who had the same thoughtless arrogant unprofessional treatment.
Cons
Ignorance following interview
Minimum wage, high expectations
Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  East Anglia7 March 2018
I only lasted for 4 months , high turnover of staff and easy to see why. You are expected to learn too much too quickly working part time hours. Not much support from management.Targets are unreasonable. Very poor customer service.Terrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Low salary
17.5 hours feels like full time!
Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire22 February 2018
I lasted 2 months!!
My main problem is that i was looking for 16/17 hours over 2/3 days to have a nice little part time job. The shifts are on a rota, NEVER the same week to week. i was finding i was in for a few hours 5 days out of 7 some weeks! Theres flexible & then theres ridiculous. Definitely not suitable for someone with children.

The other problem is that the job is SO underpaid. Minimum wage (which i dint mind) BUT they expect you to sell till you drop. They dont take lunch breaks and often stay over hours. For me the selling in itself i found easy , the problem comes with the booking systems!! There are SO many different ones, none tally up, so youre entering the same details again n again, and all are different!!! The other staff are also busy so there really isnt time for someone to sit with you while you learn!! The company is to blame, like everywhere these days they cut n cut to the bone. We had to even be the store cleaners, emptying bins & hoovering!!!! (no thanks)

The only thing that was good was the staff. They are lovely, and it was ashame to leave them.
I really think its a role suited to young ambitious person, pre kids who can accept all the rules, compliance & constant targets.
Pros
lovely staff
Cons
The shifts, the wages, the targets, the rules
Only if your face fits.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 February 2018
I worked in a large store for 2 years followed by a small store for 4 years as management. I have never worked in a company where "face fitting" has been such an issue. Targets are unrealistic and if your face doesn't fit higher management will come down on you heavily, whilst if you're part of the "clique" you can get away with murder.

Job is very high pressure with very little thanks, you are expected to spin so many plates it's exhausting. Travel is not a well paid career but for the stress and hours put into this company for under £8 an hour - as management - it was laughable. Long hours, breaks forgone and hours of unpaid overtime.

They sell a FANTASTIC product and I was proud to work for them based on this. As a holiday company they are top tier but I would not recommend anyone to work for them.
Pros
Small holiday concessions, decent staff exchange rate, you'll be able to leave one day.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, cliques in staff, little training provided.
Depends if your face fits!!
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Lancashire2 January 2018
Be prepared for long hours and if you have to stay with a customer you never get the time back. The salary does not match the stress that you are put under for targets, jobs and you must follow the rules word for word otherwise you’ll be investigated.
The fun part watch what you say to your boss- they might slab you in the back!!
Pros
Only thing free concession off holidays (is it worth it-NOPE)
Cons
Long hours, stress, little pay
Fun productive workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire8 December 2017
Worked here on a year contract and loved it, people are great to work with and it’s a fun atmosphere. Would 100% go back. The salary was a bit of a downfall but the environment makes up for it with great progression routes
Pros
Good communication
Cons
salary can differ
Some great perks and chances to progress.
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  North West30 November 2017
Great place to work if you can work well under certain pressures and towards targets.
There are some benefits of travel through work and a concession scheme based on how long you have worked for the company.
If you are looking for career progression there are many opportunities and I have always felt fully supported in this.
Pros
Concession scheme
Cons
Salary
Warm and welcoming
Concept Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Luton14 November 2017
Varies depending on department but in general warm and welcoming environment to work in. Office is huge with nothing around it so little opportunity to socialise outside of work which is a shame.
amazing
sensatori nursery nurse (Current Employee) –  sensatori tenerife27 October 2017
working for TUi has been an amazing opportunity, from coming to work in beautiful nurseries to looking after so many different aged children. each day is different from health and safety checks to delivering equipment to sensory and creative activities every day.
Pros
getting to work in beautiful environments

Want to know more about Tui Group?

Ask a question
Great company
Travel Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire19 October 2017
TUI is a great company to work for they care about their customers and providing an excellent service. They strive to be the best package holiday company. Office environment is great and the people.
Pros
Concessions
Cons
Open plan
difficult but enjoyable
Overseas holiday representative (Current Employee) –  The Algarve1 October 2017
Working for TUI group is an amazing oppurtunity however the job role is incredibly difficult. As overseas holiday Representative you are constantly expected to be smiling whether it is 4am or 10pm, you will deal with a mix of people but the experiences you get are amazing and once in a life time.
Pros
accommodation
Interesting with good benefits
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hampstead London28 September 2017
A brilliant company to work for. Give good study package as well as opportunities within the company to attend in house training. Help you develop as a person.
Pros
Discounted holidays
Not looking for employees with practical knowledge and experience.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire7 September 2017
Seem to have a large volume of turnover across the business, but not looking for employees with practical knowledge and work experience. Lead applicants to believe one thing, then suddenly do another.
Pros
Discounts?
Cons
Disingenuous.
Great fellow staff
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands5 September 2017
Support from other advisors is good but you are expected to work over your shift without overtime pay. The products are amazing and easy to sell, flexibility is the key for this company.
Great
Service delivery team leader (Former Employee) –  Overseas30 July 2017
Amazing lifestyle. Great progression opportunities. Long hours and expected to go above abc beyond hours sometimes without pay back but worth it in my opinion.
Great company to work for
Crew Training Standard Administrator (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire22 June 2017
It has been a great experience to work for Thomson, i have really felt welcome, and working with different types of people. The company is great for career progression and there are a lot of opportunities available in this company.
Very ageist attitude and young inexperienced recruiters and managers.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swansea City4 June 2017
A nightmare of a place to work! All managers are inexperienced and the recruiters are ex holiday reps with no training in HR or recruitment! What a mess!
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, treatment and prospects
Not very creative
Senior Motion Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire31 May 2017
As a company, Tui is a good place to work. They treat their staff well and have good perks. However, in a creative role, I felt there wasn't much creativity. There was also no progression.
Pros
Good rewards
Cons
No progression in a creative role
Friendly Company
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 May 2017
Enjoyed working for TUI but the training could have been better. I was trained on the new systems but unfortunately I was still expected to use the old computer booking system for some aspects of the job.
Pros
Friendly staff, flexible working pattern
Cons
Salary, Targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tui Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Tui Group Reviews by Location