TT ELECTRONICS Employee Reviews

Tt electronics
Solderer/Assembler Impregnation (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon1 December 2018
I was pleased to start work there in 1998 . I enjoyed the work either Soldering , Winding or working in Impregnation for 7 yrs . But a few yrs TT Electronics Brought out the previous share holders . Since then it has been a shocking place to work . The upper management have not got a clue . But As long as they see money coming in . Sod everything else . They say they care about the staff . But they couldn't care less as long as they get a % of the jobs laid out the door . My attendance over the last year wasn't good as working there gets you down so much mentally . If you want to Backstab people . Then TT is the place for you . The one plus is like many a person at the moment who are thinking the same as me but I left . So Happy
Pros
Good Work . You Get To Go Home .
Cons
Managment . Very Little Space To Work . Training is none existent.
70's manufacturing company alive and kicking in 2018
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire27 September 2018
Having worked in various Departments here for over 10 years, I can confirm that the place hasn't and will never change.
Old School attitudes are still prevalent even though the upper management has changed umpteen times and the company has changed from sole ownership (Roxspur Measurement & Control Ltd) to a cooperation.
The new owners have talked a good talk since taking over but nearly 3 years down the line and very little has changed (other than around a 40% continual staff turnover). TT Electronics, in my opinion, have a Tickbox mentality to everything from Health & Safety, through quality control to staff moral.
It really is a shame as I used to enjoy my work and have a real loyalty to the company but this has been eroded over the years with good work going unnoticed and stagnation of the company.
Pros
Secure, generally decent folk, childcare vouchers
Cons
No progression available, top heavy workforce, whole company run by Sales Department, Poor upper management
Waste of time
assembler (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon25 July 2018
Worked in cell 4, management are useless, no people skills, even picked on employees while there, it wonders how people like that evan have a job.
Had training at first and evan the guys that was supposed to train you didn't have a idea what they was doing.
Pros
Cons
unprofessional management
Do not work here
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 September 2017
I worked for them for a couple of months. The team that i worked with was very nice people apart from some that like to be the boss aldo they are not and like to spread bad info about other people just to put themselves good with the management. The management is one of the worst I saw ever, asking to achieve the impossible with antique equipment and understaffed team. Also you will not have eny review of your work and when they to not like something of what you do they just sack you.
Pros
Good team leader
Cons
Bad management
nice people
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport9 July 2017
People are nice to work with , management are ok most of time, nice place to work most of time , I learn more about testing boards ,traveling is the worst part , I enjoy most of the jobs I am given
Really enjoy working there
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rogerstone, Newport20 June 2017
A very collegial atmosphere where people look after each other.
Pushed to give your best at all times.
Always busy with new things.
Sometimes travelling.
Customer facing job.
Supplier facing job.
Pros
Good atmosphere to work in
Cons
Can be a very demanding place when it is at peak production
Do not work here.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Bedlington, Northumberland2 June 2017
I was unfortunate enough to waste years of my life working at the Bedlington site of this company. They pretend that they want to do things correctly but only do it when an audit is due. Management are a ridiculous bunch of losers. They make up rules that other companies wouldn't even contemplate. If you work here you'll get nowhere because there's no incentive to better yourself and will just chug along and end up thinking what have I done with my life. STAY AWAY. PLEASE.
Pros
Brilliant work mates.
Cons
Everything else.
SMT Operator/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rogerstone12 January 2017
A very good learning experience, i was an inspection machine operator and learned lots of new skills whilst working for the company.
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
to far from where i was living
Rewarding
SAP Master Data Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth23 February 2016
I learnt a massive amount in a very short time span. There was great belief in the project and I worked with some excellent people - managers and co-workers.
Pros
Great Canteen
Cons
Working for TT Electronics.
Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport5 February 2016
I enjoyed working for TT as an Interim Manager and helped them improve Quality and On Time Delivery to a major customer. Also negotiated a new 5 year contract.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons

Want to know more about TT ELECTRONICS?

Ask a question
Good workplace
Purchasing Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Rogerstone, WLS15 September 2015
Busy work days. Lots of stuff to do to keep people busy. Management are really helpful and are always looking to help people grow within the business.
Pros
Always Busy
Cons
Long Hours
Very Poor Management
Middle Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogerstone IMS19 July 2015
I worked in the Rogerstone IMS location. Its near my home, with in 20 minutes. I liked the manufacturing hours 8:00 - 4:30, 30 mins lunch Half day Friday worked well for me.

The pay was ok, market rate the employees where excellent, focused and eager to do a good job when given clear direction. The management however where appalling. Everyone could see the bad decision making which resulted in a loss of customers and mass redundancies. The management team felt that they were autonomous but in reality they where governed from Global HQ which resulted in power struggles and delayed decision making.

Personally I am glad to have left. Unfortunately I can not recommend them as an employer.
Pros
Good hours, reasonable pay
Cons
Bad Management team, indecision, poor career growth
Really good environment to work in
Customer Service team leader (Current Employee) –  Welwyn, ENG14 November 2014
This is a very good company to work for and a very good work environment.

People are friendly and approachable and management genuinely care that people feel valued and happy.

The culture is a little old fashioned and laid back at times but they are aware of this and are working on it
Pros
Nice people
Cons
A little old fashioned
Fun workplace at times. Company run very in-efficiently. Constant job security worrys
Test Operator (Current Employee) –  Rogerstone, WLS30 October 2014
Interesting work work when you actually have work to do.

All aspects of electronics can be learned.

Management very in-efficient and damaging company.

Co workers mostly friendly

Hardest part of the job has to be constant interruptions from supervisors.

Most enjoyable are the afternoon and night shifts where there are no supervisors or management so you can work very quickly and efficiently without interruption.
N/a
General worker (Former Employee) –  Rogerstone23 September 2014
Really friendly people would like to do it again nice and clean.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
get very little help when needed
Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Welwyn, ENG3 August 2014
hard work at time, which can push you to the limits.. had some good co-workers that help out when needed if their lines where down.. Learnt alot while i was their, since i never worked in the print room before..
Busy and everyday is different
Document Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rogerstone, WLS25 March 2014
I am in charge of reorganising the Customer file structure and ensuring the Build of Materials are separated and distributed correctly, Another part of my Job which I enjoy greatly is implementing a Document management system into the company to cut down on archived documents.
Pros
Early finish on Fridays
Cons
Old Fashion systems
Busy and a good group of workers
Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain Ash17 September 2013
You learn something new everyday here on maintenance at tt electronics as there is so much work to cover which makes the job really interesting. The management is not to bad got its pros and cons maintenance manager is great which makes my life easier. The maintenance team are great always helping each other and sticking up for each other if mistakes are made maintenance manager helps out alot too. The hardest part is when your afternoons as you are on your own and there are a few machines down with big problems then your in for a long night. The most enjoyable thing about the job is that your continuously learning which makes it interesting and makes you a better engineer.
Pros
flexible and a good maintenance manager
Cons
lack of work coming in
electronics
test operator (Current Employee) –  tonypandy23 April 2013
its a good working environment in which i have learned lots of new things and skills
Pros
close to home
Cons
minimum wage