TSB Banking Employee Reviews

Customer service manager (Current Employee) –  Barnwood9 October 2018
Fab company to work for having gone through a couple of massive changes. Salary is competitive at entry level and higher levels, with the addition of really really generous pension contributions as well as 4% of your salary on top of your salary to use as cash, childcare vouchers, retail shopping card and more.
Work hard and show the right behaviours and you will get on, as with any other company.
Excellent customer service training.
Great people to work with and great amount of recognition when you do a great job and show the right behaviours.
Free car parking, flexible working options, easy to get to.
Great place to work!
Pros
Free parking, on site canteen providing breakfast, lunch and snacks, hot and cold drinks, free hot drink machines around the building, competitive pay for entry level jobs
Friendly and hard working
HR (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2018
Been with TSB since the divestment from Lloyds and had some fantastic career experiences. It's a friendly team of people with few layers of management due to its smaller size than most of the high street banks. It also means there's a very different culture to most of the large banks as well - in a good way.
I work part time and have a lot of flexibility to manage my work life balance which is great and makes me happy to go the extra mile for them when needed.
The last 6 months have been tough after the migration. TSB Partners seem to feel the problems personally, a sign that they really care about the customers in my view. Hopefully the company has turned the corner now and can look to the future.
I definitely recommend it as a place to work. There's the opportunity to get involved in some really interesting work and build meaningful relationships with colleagues and customers.
Pros
Flexible working, friendly people, desire to do the right thing
Cons
Hard work after the migration
Worst job I’ve ever had
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 September 2018
Lovely work colleagues however the managers including store managers were horrible to work with. Lack of communication and organisation, completely all over the place. The only decent thing about this job was the pay, TSB prides itself for being about the customers, what about the workers?? Worked there for a month.
Pros
Decent pay, air con in the bank
Cons
Where to begin
Terrible
Local Banker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 August 2018
I was on a temp cover for 6 months with the opportunity to become permanent. During the first month I had no system access so was expected to greet the customers and overall do most of the easy tasks that are able to be completed without the use of a computer. I took off 2 days for bereavement leave as my gran passed away. On the 2nd day I was phoned from the agency which I was recruited from and was told that my contract had been terminated due to PERFORMANCE! I'm sorry but how much performance can you expect from an individual who had 2 days BASIC training in a back office, with no system access or any other knowledge? This is the worst company I have ever worked for. So appalled at the management and overall procedures and policies. There are many ways to go about these things but to let go of an employee due to a matter which could have been easily resolved with further training or explanation of their standards. DISGUSTED.
Pros
the salary
Cons
management
Busy
Local Banker (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh28 March 2018
Hard work, Busy, challenging, Face to face sales, changes day to day, out bound, dealing customer complaints, issues, cross selling products, building new business and retaning existing customer's
Pros
great benefits, good working envioment
Cons
long hours, short luches
fun
Bank staff (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear25 March 2018
good secure job with good holiday allowance and an understanding management also comes along with additional opportunity's to help you grow/go further within the company as a business
Pros
additional benefits
Cons
weekends required
False sense of security given
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  UK31 January 2018
Loved the content of my job, however was constantly picked on by management. Despite highly and consistently achieving, very rarely praised, if ever. Severe lack of communication and organisation. Patronising management. I knew more about the role than my own manager, who constantly doubted me (my results more than proved my worth). Environment like a high school playground.
Pros
Free coffee in vending machines
Cons
Where to begin...
Admin assistant
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 December 2017
Work as administrator for 2 months , was a contracted job . Really good and friendly staff . Enjoyed each and every moment to work as assistant, was little bit easier because of the two year previous experience
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Travel
Toxic working culture
Advsior (Former Employee) –  North East21 December 2017
A very toxic company from bottom to top. Management is mainly from the Lloyds TSB days and they all want to defends their own positions in doing so not supporting new staff members who want to advance. It’s a case of who you know not what you know. They’re all defending their little bits of territory.

Unfortunately the salaries are very low for the work load and management move the goal posts every year to avoid paying out bonuses.

A very negative and difficult company to work for in a shrinking industry. It’s time to get out of Banking, not in.
Pros
Cons
The bank and all it stands for.
Awful management
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire19 December 2017
The partners made the job for me however, the management are bullies. They are all for each other and once they have someone to pick on they don’t stop until you feel completely beaten as a person.

When bought up to higher management it was brushed under the carpet as it seemed it was too much like hard work to replace the manager the whole team had a problem with.

Mortgage services has been labelled for being the worst department to work for and I agree. If you are applying for a job in a different department then go for it - stay clear of mortgage services. I left the job within 10 months because of being badly bullied!
Pros
Nice partners
Cons
Awful management
Spend MI Analyst/Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire8 December 2017
Really enjoyed working for TSB, fresh place to work and develop skills in the time I was there. One of the best places I worked in personally. I only left to pursue a local role that turned out to be a bad one.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Lower salary than elsewhere & location
Nice big offices, useless management!
Telephone Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh18 September 2017
Contacting customers to review applications, dealing with inbound queries.
Listeneing to customers issues and explaining bank processes.
Managers fairly useless a lot of the time!!
Pros
Subsidised canteen
Cons
Dont like being on a hamster's wheel
Good
tb (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear5 August 2017
great company to work for, never had a problem with them and they provide excellent training and development. Had a great time working here and would highly reccomend
Love The People
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Swansea14 July 2017
Colleagues are so supportive and very trustworthy. Different rules for different people. Management could improve however some sole members will listen and care for your needs. Main downfall is the shift pattern. Its hard to change or amend your shift pattern when you have it. The centre is open every bank holiday and christmas day.
Pros
Shift Schedule
Cons
Colleagues
Awful company to work for
Bank Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire4 July 2017
Do not appreciate hard working staff and pay the people that work the hardest very little with no appreciation. Anyone that starts at this company must ask for more money as there starting salary as you will be promised a payrise but will never receive it
Cons
Terrible pay
Good company to work for
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Sheffield8 March 2017
Busy days. Variety of different roles to learn. Opportunity to progress with your career. Chance to move around different offices or branches. There is a lot to learn however resources and training is very good
Pros
Good pension sceme
Cons
No job security
Glad to leave
MI Ops (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol5 March 2017
Poor training structure. New staff trained by inexperienced staff. Saw people crying a several occasions due to lack of support and training putting them under pressure. Senior staff did what they could and answered questions all day but didn't have the power to make any decisions. Management always stressed with reports which made you feel like you couldn't speak to them. Pay is poor for the job and what is expected of you.
Pros
TSB mini bus from Parkway
Cons
Poor pay, no direction, poor training, terrible systems
Good foot in the door for customer service roles
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunderland16 February 2017
A typical day would be logging on and start to take calls straight away. Constantly taking calls, one after another. All different types of queries dealing with multiple systems and codes.
The management always kept an eye on you, made sure you were hitting calls times which I don't think was fair if you're only one week into working.
Hardest part of the job was learning the systems, they threw you into it, you learnt the system as you were taking calls because they 'had no mock system' for you to practice on but other systems they did. It was nice to interact with everyone, you're all seated very close together.

Training was 2 weeks, unpaid, not enough compared what you actually have to deal with on the phones.
Pros
Lovely staff, relaxed environment & good hours.
Cons
Terrible training, low pay & high expectations of new starters.
horrific management by numbers
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City, Midlothian30 January 2017
Awful place to work. Focus is on doing it by a ridiculously overly complicated rule book, and not by people or customers needs.

A culture where you are scared of making a mistake and crucified when one occurs.
Pros
little
Cons
rigidity, lack of freedom of expression, untrustworthy management
Branch based
Bank staff (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire2 January 2017
This is an employer that listens to their employees and will work to get the right work life balance. Good induction training but find on the job training more useful. Good support from management in branch everyone wants to get you to the right level.
Good pay and benefits which are reflected in the job adverts as you get flexible benefits good holidays too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSB Banking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7