Treetops Nurseries Ltd Employee Reviews

depending on your team, can be fun, calm and educational for everyone
Baby Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  West London, Greater London20 September 2018
The nurseries I have worked at have all had great managers who have helped me grow an develop into a deputy manager, learning through hands on practicality and using paperwork to keep track of children's development and day to day paperwork, the parents are all amazing and I have always made a good relationship with all of them.
Pros
depends on who your manager is
Cons
depends on who your manager is
Nursery asaiatant
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 September 2018
Worked with children from the ages of 0-5. It was a very rewarding job and I helped the children with reading books playing in the playground and helped providing them with their meals. Very great company.
productive and a nice place to work
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire7 September 2018
I worked for treetops for 6 years and gained my NVQ 3 and first aid, and learned my EYFS through them. I learned how to write in their learning journeys and the development of children.
Pros
nice and fun and staff nice.
Cons
new manager was nice.
Good Job, OVERLOADED WORK LOAD. high job turn over
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire26 July 2018
Having worked for this company for almost 4 years i gained a lot of incite. however they were very slow in wanting you to improve your qualifications unless it helped them but didn't mean that you could move on to bigger and better jobs.
HIGH WORK LOAD for low acknowledgement.
productive and fun place
Qualified Nursery Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire10 May 2018
Really enjoy the workplace environment and the people who work there. Weekly planning and updating learning journeys. Treating each child as unique and delivering activities suited to their individual needs.
Ok
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London2 April 2018
I worked for Happy Child nurseries before treetops took it over. It was OK, They implemented many new policies and procedures without any new training for staff. Management placed a lot of pressure on staff and they were not friendly. The atmosphere was completely for profit and not for the child.
Pros
lovely team
Cons
bad pay
working at treetops
support staff (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 March 2018
During my time at treetops nursery i made some lovely friendships and bonds with the staff and children.
I grew in confidence as a person and furthered my education by undertaking many courses.
Pros
big recognized company
Cons
Long hours, a lot of overtime, management communication skills
lot of perseverance
NURSERY ASSISTANT - SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  London11 March 2018
The job is quite hard and not enough payed.
at the same time the enviroment is amazing, with children smiling and having fun while learning new skills.
fun place
Senior Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham5 February 2018
great place to work nice location and nice people.
learned so much and worked with some fantastic people.
great trips and outings the children always have fun.
Pros
break time
Cons
long days
Terrible place to work
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire3 February 2018
Worked there a couple of years ago. Staff are rude and treated the place like a doss hole. Often windows and doors left unlocked at night. Often potties were left with a mess still in!
Pros
Non
Cons
Plenty
Not worth it
Nursery Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 January 2018
As a nursery manager I was responsible for implementing change, improving quality, and upskilling a talented workforce. Or at least that's what I was told.

The reality is I was the best paid member of bank staff in the company. 27k per year to cover constant staff absence. On occasions when I had all ratios covered and was free to work in the office for the day another local nursery to would demand my "spare" to cover their shortages meaning I'd have to go back into numbers.

I interviewed several people and was told just to take everyone on just to fill gaps despite me raising concerns about some candidate's capability.

I had hoped things would change under Busy Bees but no such luck.

Sometimes went days without seeing my own child. I'd have to leave before he woke up and got home after he'd gone to bed. When I raised my concerns I was told if I wanted a 9-5 to go work in an office. That's exactly what I did and I couldn't be happier.
Pros
Average pay for the industry
Cons
Everything else
enjoyable a majority of the time to work
cook (Former Employee) –  cheam surrey5 January 2018
i enjoyed working for treetops for over 6 years there was a few altercations withing the company and management but it was enjoyable to work and some staff made it a great place.
Pros
some staff were great and made it nice place.
Cons
alterctions with management
Excellent place to work
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kings Heath, West Midlands23 November 2017
A great company to work for lots of support by management team and RD always fair and approachable at all times.
Children are well looked after by all the staff. Lotsof training on offer. I enjoy working at this nursery.
Pros
Staff recognition for the work staff do.
Kings heath
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kings Heath, West Midlands12 November 2017
Dreadfully place to work
Rude management and lie to cover there own backs
Speak to staff like they are the children
Expected to attend staff meetings out of work hours and not be paid
Pros
Cons
If you like being spoken to like a child this is the place for you
fun place to work
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby City Centre, Derbyshire5 November 2017
staff that you work with are lovely but management need to be more clear as to what they need an mean .treetops is a clean an safe place to work ,sorry i had to leave .
Pros
nice bunch of people.the best part were the children so funny .
Cons
management just not making their point clear what or where you will be, she was nice but just be clear .
Enjoyed my job
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury19 September 2017
I love working with children. The company helped with my apprenticeship and my work load. The company worked around my doctors appointments and I wasn't punished for it.
Pros
Help with child care
Cons
Long dats
Honest opinion
Pre-School Room Leader (Current Employee) –  Northfields Station28 August 2017
Good Salary, great experience for people who are at different levels, whether it be unqualified or qualified. Long hours that can effect social life unfortunately.
work place
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester13 July 2017
i enjoyed doing my work experience here and learned new things in a early years setting. I also enjoyed working for the company because they gave me challenges to do and make sure they was completed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
An amazing place to work.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 May 2017
Treetops cultured growth and was a very warm friendly environment to work.
The staff were very helpful in showing you all areas of your own role, but also others to get a better understanding of the business as a whole.
A poor place to work
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands22 April 2017
The company is a poor place to work, untidy and not clean, staff are made to go into work when unwell, spreading sickness and diarrhoea bugs and stay at work throwing up! Staff morale is very low and management extremely unsupportive! Incidents happen in the nursery and staff are told not to tell parents! I would not rate this nursery good or outstanding and i don't know how offstead gave them this! There is very little toys to play with and minimal activities.
Pros
Nappies are changed regularly! Staff are throughly safeguard checked
Cons
Long hours, poor hygiene, poor working practices, low moral, negative place to work and poor managerial skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Treetops Nurseries Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.