Travis Perkins plc

Travis Perkins plc Employee Reviews

United Kingdom757 reviews
Team effort and great place to work. Management are supportive and always at the end of a phone if you need them. You have great career options, most people at Travia have started at the bottom and worked up.
Unless you come from a building background this job will be a struggle for most people.
thrown in at the deepend, phones constantly ringing, outdated computer systems and way too many product to learn in your probation period, customers don't have any patience with newstaff and the pricing structure is frustrating as each account holder is getting different prices to each other.
Make a sale one day only to find they have complained about the price the next day
Good
To many middle managers trying to justify their jobs. Management at branch level was excellent. Good working environment. Good scope to improve one's job skills and vocational skills.
Lost my job.
I had an accident on site which crushed my foot and left me needing re constructive surgery, got told when I recover I could go back and work. Then when I was ready to return they said someone had taken my job and I was jobless.
Professional
I work in an agile development team that supports each other to meet the goals that we have set on a sprint by sprint basis. This is just to take it past 150 characters.
Bad company
Managers are all up there a***s.
You are just a number.

Don't bother.

No loyalty

Very boring no chance to improve yourself.

I stayed there much to to long should of got out sooner but the opportunity didn't come along.
Serious company, hard work
This is serious business. A large professional company for clients is not always for employee... But the overall rating is good. Travis gives everyone a chance. Women and emigrants. InvalidIt is known that it is worth having acquaintances in the office then you can do more. But no, I can say more wrongand single parents
Pros
A serious company. Equal chances
Cons
Hgv lgv driver. Poor life balance
range centre closed
made redundant when closing but would still be there now if needed. busy workload at start of shift picking and preparing pallets ready to load for delivery.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Travis Perkins plc?
Overall very good
Management job description correct
Co workers really professional

Workload easy and achievable

Best job and company in the area

All theother companies are poor in comparision
Pros
Overall very good
Cons
A good company
Travis Perkins is a good company to work for. The work is fast paced and exciting. And there are a lot of good people there. A nice work culture. Good pension and annual bonus scheme too.
Only interested in management status not people.
After being treated like a leper and being forced out by attrition because the manager wanted his ego satiated I after two years of being accused of a polithera of things decided to resign
Dont bother
Management could not run a bath, its an accident waiting to happen, health and safety when it suits only, despite being told constantly about it, work life balance rubbish and no appropriate overtime rate paid
poor management
the area manager had no clue on what was going on operated the business from down in England over the phone with a full new team no formal training in the systems.
management needs a full revamp and this company could be very successful for both company and employee
Fun Place to Work
Fun place to work with friendly faces, salaries could improve greatly for existing employees as many staff feel underpaid but can't complain about much else.
Be good as a retirement job
Pay was awful, always want more from you but cut your bonus. Blokes i worked with were great. Training was poor or non existent. Good pensions scheme.
An Exciting Future
I have worked for the Travis Perkins Group for 5 years supporting Benchmarx in its development. I was asked to join Benchmarx over a year ago to carry on my work directly for them. Benchmarx is a great place to work, they support me every day and allow me to be innovative in ways of working. A great place to work with huge opportunities for the future
Terrible place to work
A horrible place to work with no management structure or care for their employees. After a manager left for a competitor it took the regional bosses nearly 6 months to replace the old manager and when they did they brought in a guy who knows nothing about the business or the customer base.
Supportive team and opportunities to progress
I have worked for Benchmarx for almost a decade and have progressed in to a number of roles, from kitchen designer, to assistant manager to branch manager. Now working in the commercial team, I couldn't ask for a more hard-working and supportive team to be part of. My manager respects me, listens to my opinion and always looks for opportunities to progress my knowledge and skill set. Over the last year I have seen a real step change in the way Benchmarx listens to colleagues, there is a lot of opportunity to have our voice heard and i'm confident that this feedback is contributing to the way we do things moving forward.
I have worked her for over 10 years and I love it. The colleges are friendly and supportive and when stuff goes wrong people come together to help sort out the issue.
Fast passed, and stressful
They are not child friendly, if you have kids you will never see them. Turn around management and staff makes impossible to move forward within the company. Pay is terrible, if you are to move up in to the next position you do not get the salary you should only 20 % increase.
Dynamic and changing business
I have worked at Benchmarx for over a year in a commercial role and have seen a lot of positive change in the ways of working and the focus the business has on 'people'. The business is growing, it is adapting its approach and listening far more to colleagues. Engagement is at record levels and there is a very positive vibe about the future. There is a supportive, family feel to the culture and the management listen and more importantly, act on what they hear. I would recommend Benchmarx to anyone looking to join a friendly, fast paced environment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travis Perkins plc. Our community is ready to answer.