Travis Perkins plc Employee Reviews

Very Safe place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool8 February 2019
Good place to work with all expected benefits from a large company.
The management take a real committed interest in promoting a good strong H&S culture
Pros
Job Flexability
Cons
long working hours
Management problem
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buckingham, Buckinghamshire1 February 2019
ok apart from was there a year then management changed and manager to dislike to me, so i had to leave as he made it difficult to work there anymore and also had other staff members left me out in the cold
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Leicester25 January 2019
I worked at Travis Perkins as a van driver delivering building Materials to builders. I built a good work relationship with staff and the customers while I worked there
Don't waste your time
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Stroud23 January 2019
Promised a class 2 job but spent 2 months driving a van and handballing everything on and off. A company full of empty promises. Branch management are poor and therefore this ripples down to staff who are frustrated, unsupported and looking for another job at every opportunity. The manager that interviewed me didn't even know the job he was interviewing me for!

For a company so big, what corporate HQ think happens at branch level is a million miles away from the unorganized reality of everyday life. Managers barely know how to use the systems, yet profess to be able to do your job as well as theirs. Most branches are full of 'lifers', who would not be able to survive in the outside world.

Ignore the sycophantic diatribe regarding safety being the main priority. If you get injured at work you'll not get sick pay, and not looked after by the company, just a quick interview to try and cover their arses.

Eventually you'll realise you are just a number and nothing more, then you'll start looking for another job.
Pros
Cheap DIY stiff
Cons
Poor managers, lip service to H&S, understaffed
TP has some amazing colleagues
Learning and Development Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire18 January 2019
TP has some amazing colleagues it's just a shame about the Management.
They always talk about the cornerstone values but rarely adhere to them.
I didn't want to leave, but again it was down to bad management, they don't know how to look after and hold onto talented and loyal colleagues.
Great Place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire16 January 2019
Very large newly opened warehouse. Order picking and general warehouse duties. Worked the afternoon shift. This gave me great experience working for a large company and meeting new people
Pros
5 mins travel and meeting new people
travis perkin/ ccf
Receptionist/ Office admin- Part time Positon (Former Employee) –  Cardiff9 January 2019
fantastic company to work for and excellent management. management look after the best interest of their staff and make working conditions comfortable with competitive pay rates and lots of team building activities
Travis Perkins PLC – BSS Group
Branch Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire7 January 2019
of invoice disputes and discrepancies, maintained resource inventories to establish a controlled process in order to protect assets and limit risk
• In addition I handled client relations and established and maintained professional networks to enable Supplier Support Agreements as well as processing Rebates
Fun work place and good staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London6 January 2019
Travis Perkins is the company that i first worked at. The staff taught me many key skills like:
- communication
- customer service
- patience
and many more.
Better places to work
Driver / Fitter / Electrical Tester PAT (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom20 December 2018
Worked here for 3 years found it to be understaffed false promises of getting new memeber in to help your job and want 6 peoples jobs out of one person.
No room for promotions, no bonuses even as an individual thats pushed himself for all the time your there, dont care about mental health issues just that your having time off to go to appointments, found management dont care and arent propared to help you as an individual.

Insufficient training on tool hire for beavertail of loading plant and having to drag heavy items up a slippery ramp with no additional aids other than sack trolllys that dont carry the weight, reported issues but to no avail they just think your moaning.
Health and safety is a joke its bended to help office staff that have messed up, and it says a lot about the company when everyone seems to be leaving .

Theres better places to work out there with better realistic salaries
Cons
Long hours unrealistic targets and poorly run

Want to know more about Travis Perkins plc?

Ask a question
Review
Lead CAD Trainer (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire18 December 2018
Travis Perkins is a good place to work. There is some really great people there. I have been here for 11 years so feel its time for a change...........
Fun and have to watch you back
Yard Manager (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Dorset13 December 2018
A typical day I would go in do the transport for next day. Go out side sever costurms and unload and lorrys and keep the yrad clean and safe. People have a joke, but have to watch how you say things. I have got a forklift prement so not all that bad.The jobs not hard, but the manager is so new that he still a child. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet. There is no moving up even when you show them you can do it
Pros
Cons
Management not managing
ok
yard man (Former Employee) –  Market Rasen, Lincolnshire3 December 2018
serving customers, lots about building materials how to stock take.meeting different people was always enjoyable but sometimes very challenging as noone is the same
Pros
staff discount
Great atmosphere
IT Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire29 November 2018
Great place to work, but development opportunities are more benefical financially for external candidates.

Great Leadership Team, trying to drive improvements in the business.
Nice place
PTS Rebates Controller (Former Employee) –  Crick, Northamptonshire25 November 2018
People are friendly. Location is not that great as it is just off the motorway and there is nothing to do in this location.
Mixed team of all ages makes the atmosphere better.
Avoid!! Over worked and under paid
Tool hire driver (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff23 November 2018
Worked in the cardiff branch for a few months, branch manager is only there to make a profit and doesn't care about any of his staff. Disorganised builders merchant. High turn around of drivers.
Pros
Free hiab training
Cons
Everything else
horrible place
Area Sales Representative, Norfolk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk20 November 2018
probably the worst company I ever worked for, very backward, horrible uneducated managers, bullying culture, disgusting and dirty offices with rat traps all over , I don't know why I stayed a whole year! I feel like I need medical examination to confirm I didn't catch anything nasty while working there - disgusting !
Pros
excellent salary
Cons
bullying culture, dirty place
loved it
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 November 2018
best company to work for! great team!, they offer lots of training as long as your willing to put int he work you are rewarded. self promoting business, very diverse, every day is a new challenge so you will never get bored. made friends for life
Average
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea13 November 2018
Good stepping stone for development into management. Company seem to big to realise main competition. Cannot achieve anything due to red tape surrounding the whole company.
Good Luck
Hiab Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheddar, Somerset11 November 2018
Had a great time with the group for 5 years with no complaints until a new "Manager" took over and ruined the workplace for all his staff. Immature, stubborn and unloyal to his staff.

I walked after only 2 weeks under his tyranny. In the meantime he lied about me to future employers about my work ethos and time keeping, which resulted in me submitting a formal complaint to the regional managing director.
Pros
Was great working with the previous manager and also the previous ABM
Cons
The new manager seemed to do whatever he liked without any guidance from the senior management, so much so his ABM walked out after around 2 weeks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travis Perkins plc. Our community is ready to answer.