Play YouTube video button

Travelodge Employee Reviews

Featured review
Travelodge selected this as a representative review
My manager is one of the best I ever worked with with full support and on going training. Feels like we are a big family.
Night Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester9 January 2020
I highly recommend Travelodge as one of the best compant I ever worked with. Of course they have pros and cons but over all love working with them. I guess its depend on the hotel manager and team too. Very welcoming when I walked in on my interview and felt like I want to work in this hotel and was determined to get it and I did.
Good
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City20 January 2020
Really good job chance of overtime, I did night shift and can be boring at times as only about 2 hours work on an average night. Great for if you are studying as plenty of time to do so. Worked great for me as partner did days so didnt pay childcare.
Pros
Lone worker, loads of time for studying, management are easy to talk to (even with anxiety)
Cons
Pay not much more than minimum, can be boring at nights
The worst management ever to exist.
Night Porter / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster20 January 2020
The hotel itself is rapidly falling apart. It is dirty, underfunded, overused and understaffed. The reason for most of this is down to management, who are singlehandedly scaring off every staff member with their terrible management, petty squabbling, negative attitudes, and lack of support for their staff. Do NOT work here. The most enjoyable part of this job, was leaving.
Its good
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Willingdon19 January 2020
Its good is you want to learn how to do cleaning, wouldnt say its a job you could go places unless your working everyday to get the hours to move on to management learning but great for first time job if your a teen. The environment good if the manager isnt getting prusher to her boss but felt like if shes been told off or getting pusher for the big boss she sometimes takes it out on the staff
stressful
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Surrey15 January 2020
£8.21 for housekeeping not worth it if you're 25+ and live in an expensive area imo. Management and head office so tight with money they don't schedule enough staff, so a 4 hour shift can go on a few more hours. Have to work to time restrictions for each room regardless of how messy they can be or if you have to wait for the customer to leave. Equipment needed isn't managed or stocked well. Management and customers treat you like the rubbish you clean and aren't friendly or welcoming. New management had a problem with how we were trained, if something goes wrong it's on you. Ok for a summer job but is most busy then.
Summary
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kings Cross, Greater London14 January 2020
Unfortunately I have not ended up in a good working area I guess.
The hotels I have been working for in London were really miserable.. We had to unblock saniflows literally using our hands, and I have been breathing plenty of fecal bacterias. The boss was a really kind person, the colleagues as well, but at least for my personal experience, those places take out the worse of your inner personality. Try to believe I'd say
Okay but room for improvement.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Essex14 January 2020
Working for Travelodge enabled me to boost both my technical and customer service skills. Being trained in Opera PMS has been a great addition to my CV. The job itself requires a lot more from it's reception staff than other hotel positions i've encountered.

Staff work alone which can feel unsafe at times at night (despite the sercurity device we carry). Receptionists are expected to handle a multitude of tasks alone from housekeeping duties, restocking tea/coffee caddies, cleaning, customer service, fire walks and safety checks, security procedures (I was expected to evict smoking guests alone as a sole, very un-intimidating female staff member) amongst other things which could get a bit much considering the pay is minimum wage.
It often felt like i was managing the hotel alone at night despite my 'receptionist' title.
Pros
Regular schedules make planning outside of work easy, The role would be good for mothers looking for a flexible role around children, Opportunity to embark on management training program.
Cons
Minimum wage, Solo working can feel unsafe and lonely at times
Excellent place to work
Night Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oxford14 January 2020
Management changes too frequently and hence the the need to adjust is a must.
New management means new ideas and enthusiasm.
Also some managers are not actually qualified or ready for management.
Badly managed
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kettering12 January 2020
Badly managed took on with set start and finish times to work around school but never finished on time to find out you finish when your work is done wages were ok
16 January 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience. We always work to accommodate work around your other commitments, so I'm sorry to hear that your job was not as expected. I will of course, pass your feedback on.

Intimidating
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple10 January 2020
The manager here is not a team player, if she liked you great, if she didn't then you're screwed, you'd get all the late/weekend shifts.
Never saw manager after 3pm or at the weekends.
Manager would get very annoyed if you rang her (when off duty) for help with things, that she had not actually taught you.
Was food
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Letchworth, Hertfordshire10 January 2020
I like the job however I do not have that many hours as I go to college four days a week so I still struggle to make money to live off of for the month however they are a great company and I would highly recommend working for them as they are loyal
unprofessional
Housekeeper Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2020
worse job ever had in my life, everyone was lazy, it was very untidy. The manager was always calling in sick even when she was in she did nothing. Nobody would get paid right because of the manager but then we found out she's was messing with everyones pay. (aldgate travelodge on chamber street).
16 January 2020

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to read your comments. We'd really like to understand your comments further so please contact the People Team on 03300412277 or ersupport@travelodge.co.uk

So stressful
Hotel General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh7 January 2020
Expected to work by yourself with a full hotel over 100 bedrooms.
This is just not a safe way of working at all even with a personal alarm and too much responsibility for 1 person.
Compagnie pas du tout bien
Night Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London6 January 2020
Je ne conseil pas un membre de ma famille de travailler avec eux la salaire maigre pas d evolution ni d avancement au boulot.
Pros
Moi l entente avec les collegues
Cons
Raciste
Its good and suportive
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 January 2020
Its good to work in
Everyone is kind
I am good at cleaning everything properly
Staff and manager are really happy with my work
I do deep cleaning in the hotel rooms
Very suportive
not too good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chatham5 January 2020
working here can be difficult, yes as a part time job the hours are okay, and if you are a housekeeper then the hours do start after the typical school run, however my experience at travelodge was not good. management are as organised as they should be. as a new person you are quickly put on shifts on your own, and although you can ask other employees via phone about the system and what not. it is difficult to get a hold of people. the working enviroment can be a challange if you aren't good with confrontation which can happen with possiple customers. and the job includes more than what the job description acually said. as a young person it is a difficult place to work as there is a lot of un needed stress. and also although they say that they are a welcoming cummuity i have found that they can be bias and hypicritcal and non understanding in some cases. also not an 'all enclusive' enviroment.
9 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to read your comments. We have a clear induction process to ensure all new colleagues are comfortable and confident with brand and service standards. Additionally, Travelodge is proud to have a diverse workforce and expects all colleagues to be treated fairly. We'd always encourage you to speak with your Hotel Manager if you have any concerns or feel you need further support in your training. We'd like to discuss your comments further so please contact the People Team on 03300412277.

ok
na (Former Employee) –  Four Marks, Hampshire5 January 2020
cleaning dirty rooms, dealt with customers who needed help, management wasn't good, workplace was ok but was not great hardest part was staff being rude and not happy
Good fun and hard work
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  North Wales4 January 2020
I worked as both a receptionist and a manager, enjoying both roles. The interaction with guests was great and being a manager was fun but stressful as I was always in demand and that affected my work/life balance. Main downside was lack of support & recognition from my regional manager.
fast paced but fun
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport2 January 2020
I love my role here, having children and finding hours to suit around childcare and whats best for business as shown difficult to arrange.
but great team.
9 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.Travelodge is proud to have a diverse workforce and will always do our best to support your commitments outside of work. I'd encourage you to speak with your Hotel Manager as soon as possible if you ever have any concerns or questions about the rota or shift times so they can support you.

Mediocre
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London29 December 2019
Not the best job, not the worst. Management is trash. Pay is pretty dire, especially if you live in London as there is no allowance for working in the city. The pay is the same no matter where in the country you live which is bad. Despite this there is pretty good career progression if you’re looking for that. Takes six months of working there first though.
Rubbish
Night receptionist (Current Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex27 December 2019
the management dont know how to run this hotel. the hotel is dirty the shifts are awful the pay is rubbish they never pay on time and when you ask to change shifts due to childcare they dont care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelodge. Our community is ready to answer.