Travelodge UK Employee Reviews

no personal life and little money
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fulham, Greater London19 October 2018
I worked for travelodge for 8 month. no personal life no time for yourself,little money compare with the job life. in this company you are like underpayed machine.
It was very good.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire9 October 2018
I really enjoyed the nightshifts at Travelodge as it suited my life-style at the time until I had to leave to be a fulltime father. I booked in and out guests that stayed with us and dealt with many health and safety issues during my time their to ensure customers were safe at all times, especially during the night.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Overbooking
Official response from Travelodge UK
16 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  London7 October 2018
Productive and fun workplace
Friendly working environment
Job security
Salary benefits and allowances
Career growth
Proper staff training and safety courses.
Travelodge
Bar staff / Waiter / Host (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2018
Great experience with team learnt lots of different things about the hotel which was great lots of different cultures great learning experience if you want to have a career in hospitality
Pros
got to stay the night on exceptional circumstance
Cons
no cons what you see is what you get and the breakfast was great
Dont do it
FT Receptionist & Café Bar Member (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex2 October 2018
They teach you till boredom strikes, then expect you to pick everything up by yourself. Management is horrendous and they'll tell you to do a double shift if the next person on shift doesn't turn up! which happened to me and kept me in for 20 hours! dont work in the CM one A/N
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible management and no care given to employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey1 October 2018
Absolutely hated my job, I was once a happy and enthusiastic individual - this job turned everything upside down. No care given for employees, manager was lazy, arrogant and didn’t bother to show up at work, always left employees in a huge mess and made it our problem. Job was falsely advertised, I felt seriously used. Would never recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
Nothing!!!
Cons
Absolutely everything was a con.
good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire30 September 2018
within this company there is always chance of progression to move onto different areas of the business and the staff and management are a pleasure to work with
good place to work and good salary
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Halifax29 September 2018
workers need to be skilled and very organised. english language is needed and working at fast pace , individually and within a team as well. good salary and good breaks
Amazing friendly TEAM and amazing MANAGER
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  M40 Bicester27 September 2018
felt from my first working day, warmed welcomed from everyone.
i am on nightshifts so the pay is ok. Daytimes i find the pay could get defenetly up it is not enough what you earn for hour work rate.
I love the work you have to do on Reception . Every day/ night is diffrent.
And working for The Travelodge on the M40 is amazing cause the stuff/colleges are all more than helpfull and friendly and the Manager is amazing too. Warm /welcomed and no Question is to much.
Nice Place where you like to get ready for work.
Pros
50% off rooms afdter 3 month . moto card 25% off
Cons
nothing m40 bicester cherwell is great to work!!!
Great team
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton27 September 2018
worked with an amazing team but management was poor, not advanced training given management within hotel I worked in was awful and a bully, pressure to hit targets but save on the pennys really does stand out in this company.
Pros
great team
Cons
managment
Great company to work for, just don’t have great leaders
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham25 September 2018
In a nutshell... your role as an assistant hotel manager is the exact same as a hotel manager just without the money or recognition.

I’ve had the pleasure to have met and worked with some truly amazing people throughout my career, great managers, HO members and even the top boss himself Peter Gowers.

As the title states this is a brilliant company to work for as it allows you to grow as a person both personally and professionally, and having seen the phenomenal changes this company have made, I am proud to say that I use to work for Travelodge... the underdog of hotels.

The biggest flaw with this company is... whilst it does have a fantastic development plan in place for team members and managers to get them further along in their careers, it’s has become almost too much about the figures and not the people anymore, anyone can become a manager, the selection/recruitment process is not thorough enough... and with that you have the issue... when excellent business heads are in charge of managing people... the people become numbers and I became another number.

If you cannot CARE FOR YOUR PEOPLE how can you expect them to DRIVE FOR RESULTS or work as ONE TEAM.

The other downfall is work life balance... you simply cannot just switch off at the end of your shift and then you have to be accessible 24/7 in case of emergencies, also if you show your dedication you get taken advantage of... and before you know it your 40 hour weeks turn into 90 hour weeks because there is no support or presence of your line manager or fellow manager.
Pros
Great progression, some fantastic people to work with, great discounts
Cons
Support system is a little weak, recruitment screening, succession planning
great
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thame25 September 2018
did my work experience here learning new things everyday with chances to progress, great helpful staff super friendly an supportive departments vary to job roles.
Nice Atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo23 September 2018
Travelodge had an interesting atmosphere. It was nice to see the different types of people that came and went through hotel. The people that you work with make the job pleasant.
Very good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London20 September 2018
My normal day at work in Travelodge was always exciting. The very friendly atmosphere helps easier doing well my duties. I learned a lot of new system of check-in, and check-out guest in Hotel on the computer. Management was very helpful, very high workplace culture makes me feel that I am someone special. The hardest part of the job was helping kitchen staff doing their meals, or for example, was busy at the reception and at the same time some guest ask to serve him in a bar. The most enjoyable part of the job has invited the guests with a great smile always on time, properly presented and very pleasure speech. That was very nice to see their happiness. I was an experience and a passionate Hotel Receptionist, and I really love that job. I love to help people love to invite them as to a home. Always smile and with happy attitude ask are they have a nice day, or how is day-simple like that. They usually talk a lot, about travel, or some funny situations throughout their journey. My excellent manners help to make them feel happy.
fun
Bar Staff/ Waitress/Front of House Receptionist (Former Employee) –  King's Cross St. Pancras Station18 September 2018
is a nice place to work if your in to hotel and reception kinda thing
and you deal with cutomers quiet frequently.

management are bossy but are okay at times
staff are nice when you get to know them as well.
lon working hours ina otel always busy
Pros
free drink and food on duty
Cons
Not the best job, not the worst.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester15 September 2018
It can get really busy, but that is the best part of the job because time goes fast. The problem is when it gets really busy and you are on your own in bar, kitchen and reception.
Anyway, guests didn't make it easy.
Pros
x2 pay Bank Holidays, lovely colleagues
Cons
lack of team-work
Glad I left!
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Redhill13 September 2018
It started off well with a lovely manager who appreciated my hard work and wanted me to advance. However, the poor manager was also over-worked and taken advantage of by the district manager. She wasn't allowed to employ housekeeping staff or any more receptionists.She, myself and the other few staff would then have to do all jobs including reception and housekeeping. She gave up and left. I stayed on, and a new manager joined. Immediately, this new manager was allowed to employ more staff (of her own choice!) and she began to reduce my hours.

A new Travelodge also opened in our area not long before, and the manager from there decided to come over in the middle of my night duty. I was in the linen room as that was where we were told to eat/take a break. She then decided to question me and accuse me of sleeping on the job! She then starting nit-picking and outright lied that I don't perform fire walks regularly. I performed fire-walks every two hours as I was told to from the beginning. She then threatened me with disciplinary action. I informed my actual manager who didn't really say or do anything. She just continued to reduce my hours.

Thankfully, I was offered a job at a much more prestigious hotel and I left. And I'm glad I did! There are a lot of politics and prejudices.
Pros
Chair to sit on at reception
Cons
Politics. Prejudices. Treating good employees badly.
Friendly, Fun, Produvtive
Reception Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bracknell12 September 2018
A typical day at Travelodge would entail that all customers were and are well looked after. See to anything they may need help with whether it be directions or luggage. And its key to be people friendly so always maintain a professional relationship with the customers. Whilst working at travelodge i have learned about all different cultures and different peoples perspectives on life in general.
Our management has always been very professional and always helpful when and if needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, making them feel welcome and making them feel comfortable whilst in house. It's always good to see a customer leave happy
Pros
Cheap Rooms
Cons
Would look for a cheap correction and not necessarily the right one
Horrible place
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 September 2018
Having worked with the company for 17 years most ok .recently been sacked because of a harrogant unprofessional manager who only lasted 5 weeks himself .work load really hard communication bad .receptionist just sit on there mobile phones all day then have the ordassity to check your rooms and tell you if there wrong .would not and I mean NOT advise any1 to work for this company. It's ok if you speak a foreign language.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Inefficiency and disorganization
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 September 2018
From travelodge's management you will find no respect, no quality, no organization, no meritocracy, no career advancement and no gratitude for the job you do.
Pros
Cons
All above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelodge UK. Our community is ready to answer.