Travelodge UK Employee Reviews

Fabulous company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Penllergaer, Swansea12 December 2018
This is a brilliant place to work. The camaraderie of management and staff is excellent and we all pull together to get a job done. I have learnt to be persistent and the rewards pay off.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
There are none
Horrible place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London7 December 2018
I worked at travelodge for over 2 years it was the worst experience ever. They expect you to work extra hours for no added pay,for free basically! There is a bullying culture which goes on within management and HR are useless.
I would avoid this company unless you are really desperate.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Long hours, bullying culture
12 December 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. I'd like to assure you that we do not tolerate bullying or discrimination. The People Team are there to support you and so we'd always encourage you to raise any concerns you have, whether it be about your manager or your hours to them directly on ​03300412277.

Do not look after hard working staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  East Anglia6 December 2018
Put in hard work for for many years and to be dumped like a sack of potatoes.
Worked my way up and to be treated badly after making a mistake and bad judgement.
Many other staff getting away with murder and HR just want an easy life and said get rid.
It’s hurtful that you dedicate many years of your life to a company and they treat you so badly.
You have no one that you can turn to as everyone that you thought you could trust turns their back on you.
It’s heartbreaking and hurtful.
Pros
Cheap rooms
Great team
Housekeeping/receptionist (Current Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly5 December 2018
At travelodge you really feel part of a team and the manager looks after their staff. We are all given equally shared hours and everyone works their hardest.
Pros
breaks
Cons
physical
12 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's lovely to read your comments and that you feel part of the team and that your manager supports you.

pleasant atmosphere in high pase environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire29 November 2018
Travelodge is a nice place to work. The atmophere is good and it is not a boring place to be. The fast changing and hihg pase of work is a plus and you will get a chence to meet interestng people
Pros
free breakfast and car park
3 December 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We agree...one of the great things about working in hospitality and at Travelodge is that everyday is different and you get to meet some amazing people.

not great for people with families
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 November 2018
fast past company always something going on down side not best for people with young families early/ late set shifts not much movement on shift patterns
4 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're proud to have a diverse workforce and always try to support our teams as best we can with their commitments outside of work. If your shifts our hours are not fitting in with your life, I'd really encourage you to speak with your line manager so they can support you.

Warm and friendly company culture
Hotels UK Business Partner Performance Coach (Former Employee) –  South East17 November 2018
* Everyday is different!
* Learned operations and challenges faced in the hospitality industry
* People have a real desire for personal development and I have felt valued in my current role.
* rewarding experience
Pros
Autonomous and collaborative working cross functionally
Cons
Can feel isolating at time due to travelling
20 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It's great to read that you enjoyed your time with us and felt rewarded and valued. We wish you all the best for the future.

Under paid dogs body
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 November 2018
Woking on reception also while doing reception working bar cooking clearing tables occasionally helping on house keeping being a general dogs body for min wage!! Wages were never right underpaid over worked especially when someone calls in sick and you work 16 hours shifts for no thanks
Pros
Occasional £14.99 rooms
Cons
Long hours wages never right no breaks!!
disrespectful,poor management and hr aint much better.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bangor, Gwynedd15 November 2018
worked for bangor gwynedd for only a few months and was forced to leave my job due to discrimination towards me by the manager.who has now left, they also breach data protection act.some really good team members.really wouldn’t advise anyone to stay there or work there.i understand not all managers are bad but i think it is a minority of good managers.advise any employee who gets treated badly by this company to lodge a complaint with acas and pursue a claim against the company don’t give up and stand your ground if it is a legitimate complaint.Don’t let them walk all over you even after you have stopped working for them.be firm and know your rights!!!!.
Pros
warm indoor job
Cons
dealing with irate guests who are never happy with the rooms
20 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to read you comments and I'd like to assure you that we do not tolerate discrimination at work in any form. If you ever feel that you or your colleagues have been treated unequally we would ask you to raise concerns to your Manager, or the People Team on ​03300412277 so we can support you.

Do not work for this people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lincoln,Thorpe on hill13 November 2018
I worked for 2 Days at Travelodge Thorpe on hill,Lincoln and they said i will sign a contract but all was a lie ,there are lady's that work there for long time and when they need holidays or one is sick they use people and do not pay them,
Pros
Is all a lie
Cons
Lots of rooms to clean and not payed.
Strict and loving workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Leeds7 November 2018
Everyone is so easy to get along with, but you need to make sure you know all the steps and get all your rooms done on time with no mistakes. Everyone is so kind.
Pros
Free breakfast.
Cons
Long hours with no break
Productive and fun
Houskeeper (Former Employee) –  Bradford7 November 2018
I was working there for a yeah .the member staff are a very good people,I learned a lot and they sport me a lot so I really recomendó work for travelodge
20 November 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We agree that one of the best things about working for Travelodge is our people. I'm glad that you felt supported and developed your career with us. We wish you all the best for the future.

Just a number
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear31 October 2018
14 years and your just a number, and you can work your guts off and it wouldn't make a difference in all departments, but loved the early 5 years!!!!!
Pros
Met some great colleagues
Cons
Bad manager
Good Employer
Hotel Manager (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire31 October 2018
Very Flexible work. Full accountability and responsibility, Good work culture, sufficient training and development. Lots of opportunities. People Management skills required. Recommended if you are happy with salary range
Over worked
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cringleford31 October 2018
Poor misplaced manager, rude and surly management style.
Aggressive and bullying culture.
District managers and HR turn a blind eye.
Expected to complete your rooms within a ridiculous time frame then expected to stay on and do rooms that other slower cleaners haven't finished.

And the managers HATE mothers with children as staff with kids "aren't flexible".

DONT WORK FOR TRAVELODGE!
Pros
Discounted rooms
Cons
Too many!
7 November 2018

Thank you for leaving your feedback. I'm sorry to read you comments about your manager. I'd like to assure you we do not tolerate bullying of any kind and if you have any concerns we'd encourage you to speak with your District Manager, or the People Team on ​03300412277. Over half of our 11,000 colleagues are parents and we recognise that especially in Housekeeping, the hours can fit around school. We're proud to have a diverse workforce and we will accommodate family commitments wherever we can.

Travelodge
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire25 October 2018
Working at travelodge upset me on many occasions, they promised set hours to work around my childcare on the weekend but then let me down making me work more than my contacted hours, one of the managers are lovely and the one reception staff constantly going on to the the new starters about the manager taking her job but apart from that it was a nice place to Work very tiring but was always finished early to do the the school pick up on week days.
Pros
Confidence, working as a team
Cons
They let you down
7 November 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry to read that you felt let down. Managers will often offer additional hours to colleagues if they would like them as this allows them to earn extra income. However, if you only wish to work your contracted hours please advise your manager of this. If any of our colleagues have concerns we'd encourage them to speak with their Manager, District Manager or People Team on ​03300412277.

Challanging every day
Hotel Receptionist and HKS (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire24 October 2018
Since I'm working in Travelodge Company, I've learned that attention to detail, care about people and drive for results are very important. Delivering an outstanding service every day is reflected by WYR rates, so we must do our best as a team to may offer to all our guests a perfect stay.
Talking to people, being calm and friendly, making them to understand that you're there to try to help them is our daily job.
Pros
free hot chocolate during shifts and comprehension
Cons
team members calling sick every day
good for experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Manchester22 October 2018
I really enjoyed this job, the hours were good and flexible. However the team itself didn't act much like a team I felt like often I wasn't listened to and I struggled to fit in.
no personal life and little money
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fulham, Greater London19 October 2018
I worked for travelodge for 8 month. no personal life no time for yourself,little money compare with the job life. in this company you are like underpayed machine.
It was very good.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire9 October 2018
I really enjoyed the nightshifts at Travelodge as it suited my life-style at the time until I had to leave to be a fulltime father. I booked in and out guests that stayed with us and dealt with many health and safety issues during my time their to ensure customers were safe at all times, especially during the night.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Overbooking
16 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelodge UK. Our community is ready to answer.