Travelodge UK Employee Reviews

House keeper
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Swanick Derbyshire14 August 2018
Travelodge are a good company to work for you get discount if you stay in any other Travelodge for your people the rates of pay are the same as an older person ,however it's very hard work and unrealistic time limits on cleaning rooms
Pros
Good rates of pay
Cons
Not realistic on cleaning times
Bad experience
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire13 August 2018
Manager is really iDiot. Wouldn’t reccomend especially if you have other responsibilities and no interest to Be down in your knees to make sure you ll earn some money at the end of the month. If you re desperate enough to compromise your life for someone else, then go for it.
Pros
Assistant manager was ok
Cons
Some team members just robots. Nothing genuine to give out to this world.
It was fun.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Harrogate9 August 2018
It was great but they left me by my own almost all the time wich was crazy on moments of busy times, doing three or four jobs at the same time, Cooking,barman,receptionist.
Pros
good money.
Cons
working alone in busy moments.
Fun
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire9 August 2018
It was a nice environment and my colleagues were helpful with training me up. We would get briefed on what rooms to clean and on which floor.

I've learnt that communication is key.
Pros
Get a little break, wasn't stressful.
Cons
Nothing.
10 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're glad you'd been able to learn new skills from your colleagues whilst with us. We wish you all the best with your career.

short hours
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Ipswich8 August 2018
a typical day at work begins at 10am where you get 20 minutes to clean the bathroom, the bedroom, make a bed sometimes 3 depending on room size, mop the bathroom floor and hoover the bedroom. I learned how to clean and make beds quickly. the management is alright - always wants you to be quicker and will moan if slow due to the heat. the workplace culture is overall very friendly. the hardest part of the job is staying in your time. the most enjoyable part of the job is chatting to coworkers.
Pros
travelodge discounts
Cons
timing to finish a room
Too much hard work for minimum wage
Receptionist / Duty manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire6 August 2018
Apply for receptionist?
You will be cook,
You will have to clean dirty roomes
You will be playing role as receptionist/duty manager.
Late night shift.
Weekend compulsory.
Favourisium for own people.
No matter how long you work for ? Always minimum wage with 5 times more duties.
Special people get special /suitable shift.
Pros
50%on food, Room book discount from 20 to 50%
Cons
No discount on drinks, late night shift.get plastic clip for finishing 1 year at travelodge. As a thank you gift.
high staff turnover low morale and lack of support ,
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire29 July 2018
A typical day at Travelodge, involved checking guests in and out, filing paperwork and balancing the days reception takings, doing cleaning, walk round checks washing and ironing linen,and setting up the housekeepers trolleys.. While at Travelodge you are pushed to achieve your goals especially to sell “ breakfast boxs” which are over priced and pretty much a rip off for what's in them. . As you will spend a lot of time at the hotel, covering shifts, getting shifts “swopped” on you with virtually no notice, your co workers in some respects replace your family in away, as you will spend more time in the hotel than you will at home, and even on your days off be pestered to come into work to cover. Travelodge is a 24hrs 7 days a week 363 days a year business. The management are sometimes not easy to talk to and sometimes it can make it hard for you to go to them with problems, and as much as they push you to achieve “goals,” their is very little encouragement and praise when this is done. Sometimes it seems the managers are just going through the routine, and don't care that the staff are unhappy, thus a huge staff turnover .You can find yourself feeling taken for granted ( as I do), being expected to give up your hard earned days off to cover shifts..
Pros
:some staff are o.k and able to get along with, each other
Cons
pay, hours, poor management, scruffy state of most of their hotels, rude customers, lack of leadership, generally being taken for granted, could not care less attitude from head office., lot of backstabbing go's on
Receptıon
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent29 July 2018
Thıs was a very demandıng posıtıon whıch ınvolved many skılls. My only problem wıth thıs role ıs the shıft hours late nıghts and early mornıngs whıch dıdn,t really suıt my lıfestyle.
Awful.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  South Wales27 July 2018
I use to work in the Travelodge, it was not bad but management where rude and use to swear a lot. I found it all easy as I have worked in hotels for many years. They promise things that they never stick to. I left as i was treated really badly they also hate it when they speak your mind and you tell them this. Pay was always wrong and never on time.
Cons
Fast paced, demanding environment to work in
L&D Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thame26 July 2018
The workload can be demanding, and often feels like you are covering two peoples workload. Travelodge aims to be lean and efficient whilst providing a caring atmosphere for its employees to develop in.

You need to be organised, a good listener and a have good attention to detail if you are going to succeed working for Travelodge. The company helped me to develop solid skills and a fantastic approach to work.
Enjoyable place of work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield16 July 2018
It is a very friendly and enjoyable place to work, you get to meet a lot of different and interesting people and have a real mix of customers, from large groups of revellers to travelling families and then lone businessmen and groups of workmen, there are always things to deal with and problems to solve.
Pros
Different every day
Cons
Sometimes too quiet
Best of Companies to Work for
Receptionist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire12 July 2018
Loved my job with Travelodge and if you are a people person then you will love it too. Working shifts and weekends can take some getting used to the variation in duties is worth it.

Morning shift is more supervising housekeeping and the afternoon shift tends to be more guest focused. Fast Thinking and problem solving skills are essential as you can be on your a lot of the time.

The whole ethos around the company is one of working together to deliver a professional service. If you are dedicated to working as part of a team then the sky really is the limit with this company.

I completed an NVQ while with Travelodge and was promoted twice in 18months, They value their guests and also their staff.

I would highly recommend working for Travelodge
Pros
Friends and Family cheap rate rooms
Cons
Shifts and weekend work
20 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you loved your job and time with us. We're proud to hear of your progression and development within the company and to have been part of your career. All the best for the future.

Nice industry
Night Porter Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire11 July 2018
I clean modern hotel with computerised accounts and bookings.

Kept clean and supported by well established networks.

Good training, uniform an fair hourly rate.

The working conditions were ideal.
Pros
Uniform. Regular wage an hours
Cons
Night working. Night porter role. No surprise.
fun and rewardung place to work
House Keeping, and more recently (Former Employee) –  Chieveley, Berkshire10 July 2018
great company to work for. great discounts and rewards. awesome higher management and great teams to work with on a daily basis.
many career opportunities and different roles to explore.
Pros
disounts
Cons
hard work
Enjoyable place of work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Feltham, Greater London10 July 2018
This company I learned a lot and enjoyed meeting and greeting people of all different cultures I even enjoyed the shift hours that was given out, early mornings, late evening shifts. Most enjoyable part of the job was that even though the job requirements was the same every day, every day was different.
12 July 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your role with us. Variety is what makes hospitality exciting after all.

Fun and friendly atmosphere
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Birmingham9 July 2018
Could use some renovation and expansion. Staff are friendly and management is approachable. Good for start up job but no room for progression due to the size of the establishment
Pros
location
Cons
minimal hours
12 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're continuing to develop our brand and what we offer to customers with our Travelodge Plus hotels and SuperRooms, as well as developing our team members with the Aspire programmes that are on offer. To find out more about what Aspire programme is right for you, take a look at the What we offer section at travelodge.co.uk/careers or speak to your manager.

Productive and fun work place
Team member bar café (Current Employee) –  London4 July 2018
I have been working for Travelodge since February 2018. All I can say is that it's very nice place to work. People are very nice, polite and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see customers happy.
10 July 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. Sounds like your working hard to give our customers the perfect stay. Keep up the good work.

Busy work load
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stonehouse27 June 2018
I enjoyed working with Travelodge however this was a demanding role that keeps you busy. The management try to support where they can.
I was a key member of the team before leaving and enjoyed working with the team that was there.
Good
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cornwall27 June 2018
Good at first but after while their was too many back stabbers. Pay in min wage you're expected to do a depart in 20mins and stay in 9 mins. And when you're given a board of 10 departs and 12 stays it gets very tiring. You start at 9 and need to finish by 2 weekdays and 10 -3 on weekends. This can be hard when your rooms don't have to check out till 12.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Alot of pressure and demanding
Nice place.
Bar Café Team Member, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
Nice hotel, friendly people and place. Work as a bar cafe team member and after some time started doing some shifts in the reception. Money could be better.
7 June 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. It's great you've been able to pick up different shifts and broaden your skill set. We hope you continue to build your career with Travelodge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelodge UK. Our community is ready to answer.