Travail Employment Group Employee Reviews

Unexpected opportunity
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire19 May 2018
I was given an opportunity for a great short term position, which worked well for myself, after having just been made redundant from a previous job. The recruitment process was easy, and staff were very friendly and supportive. Would recommend to sign up with Travail.
Temp Work.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire13 March 2018
Did some retail work for these guys – assignment briefing was clear with loads on information on which told me what to wear, who to report to and sat nav information so I could find the place, it even told me where the nearest shop was to get lunch! They rang me to check I had arrived on site safely on day one and the girls called me again when I finished the two day booking to make sure it had gone ok – my wages were paid on time. Will defiantly do some more work for them.
Pros
Clear instructions. Paid on time and correctly.
Cons
Only temporary work.
Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Travail Doncaster21 February 2018
I worked in the Doncaster office on a week’s work experience – the office staff were lovely and friendly to me and they were with all of the people that came in looking for work. The girls in the office really tried hard to find as many people jobs as possible and they had a smile for everyone that came through the door. I enjoyed working here – it was busy I learned a lot.
It was dress down day on a Friday which I loved!
Pros
Dress down Friday!
Cons
Only 1 week
Do not work for this agency
Picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire16 January 2018
DO NOT GO TO THIS AGENCY. They're the worst kind of people you could ever deal with. They speak down to you on the phone, ridiculously rude and not polite atall. They never ring back when they say they're going to. They didn't bother to tell me I'd lost my job for 5 days until I actually rang them to find out. They don't pay you holiday pay when you request it and try blame it on you. If you ever get ill or need time off they don't bring you in for a few days after and when you repeatedly tell them you have bills and food to pay for they don't care. They have no sympathy if your family are rushed to hospital and make you feel guilty for having time off for seeing them. I'm going to citizens advice on these people as it's totally not on the way they treat people and action needs to be taken.
Pros
Cons
Rude and unprofessional
Temp Production Operative
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire7 September 2017
Worked in a production environment for Travail during this summer . The job was pretty dull but not too bad..
Travail gave me lots of information about the job before I started - they sent weekly payslips and time sheets on email and I was always paid on time.
The team in Newark were always friendly and professional and one Friday when I called in they were even giving out cake!
Will work with them again next summer.
Pros
Friendly office - lots of information about jobs
Cons
Dull job
An agency with poor communication
Designer/Artworker (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham15 August 2017
Did a lengthy interview and was encouraged that I would be put forward.. then left dangling for a month with no feedback, said they left messages but they never did. Put off using them again.
19 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are sorry that having attended an interview to discuss a specific job you were “put off” working with us again due to the timescales of the subsequent communication.

Whilst we always strive to keep candidates informed at all stages of their application, when providing specific feedback we are subject to the timescales that our client businesses work to, which can be very varied dependant on the demands of their business from time to time.

We do endeavour to keep in contact with candidates, even just to let them know that we are still awaiting outcomes, as we do understand that lack of information and feedback can be very frustrating for applicants and are sorry if this wasn’t your experience on this occasion.

Good for finding occasional jobs
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire3 August 2017
I worked as a waitress at different events through travail. Considering I had no training in silver service waitressing they just threw me into it and I ended up dropping food on a guest's lap. Though, if you do have experience in the jobs they find for you, it's great.
Pros
Good at getting jobs for you
Cons
No training
fun and helpful company
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds2 August 2017
have worked with travial on and off for over 5 years now and will always go back to them, very polite and always work hard to try and meet your requirements and asks
Streetscene Operative (Former Employee) –  Wrexham1 August 2017
Working under travail employment group I found it rather easy to get on with the staff that worked there and they were quite supportive. They got me a job rather quickly and easily.
Pros
Early Finishes
Cons
Agency so no true job security
fun place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Loughborough14 May 2017
its depends on the job you ask for as you can be sent any where that you give to the agency the management good as they listen to any problems you might have the hardest part is if you are catching a bus and waiting for it if it does not turn up the most enjoyable is that u have done a good job
useless
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire17 March 2017
had the displeasure of working for travail a few years back. horrible staff and bad wages. worked in a warehouse in Doncaster and got treated like a second rate staff member.
Pros
Cons
everything
18 September 2017

We are sorry that you felt working with us a few years ago wasn’t a positive experience.

As a very busy branch we rely on the satisfaction of our temporary workers and positive relationships to be able to secure the services of workers to fulfil assignments with client companies.

We pride ourselves on an open door policy in our office for all workers to call in, keep in touch or discuss any concerns and we’re sorry if you weren’t aware you could contact us at any time.

Pay rates are generally determined by the existing pay scales in operation at the company where you are placed, as discussed at registration interview and again at the point of offering an assignment to a worker. Pay offered also always complies with the National Minimum Wage and Agency Worker Regulations.
Whilst we understand that personal circumstances can dictate otherwise we do want temporary workers to understand that they are always able to decline an assignment if it doesn’t meet their criteria.

fun
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  various locations13 December 2016
good company to work for with nice freindly and helpful team members that are there to help you in every aspect of finding a job and keeping within that position
Great agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire1 December 2016
One of the few good agencys out there,always helped me out and found me work when ive needed it.Have some links to very good companys and its because of them that i work for a very good company today.many thanks.
Pros
Nice management, try to find you full time emplyment
interesting work place
Picker - Packer (Former Employee) –  Corby, ENG22 July 2015
I was have problem with transport and agency give only two days in the week work , not enough hours for survive and pay all bills , colleagues was very good team players and very professional
Pros
not found any
Cons
long away from Corby location
Recruitment Consultancy
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newport26 February 2014
A fast paced role which requires a high level of time management.
Sales skills are paramount
High level of training provided but little feedback or evidence of any review process
24 March 2017

Thanks for your remarks.
We agree that the recruitment industry is a fast-paced environment where time management and other disciplines are important. We believe in the correct, accurate and proper presentation of facts when selling - and because doing a job thoroughly and with quality in mind rarely equates to doing a job "on the cheap", we endorse a knowledge-based sales style.
This does indeed require a high level of training and we look for a good return on our investment. Each Recruiter in the organisation reports on key activity levels each week; they attend a weekly meeting where that are encouraged to express themselves and reports are also critiqued.

Quiet Office
Support Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucester17 September 2013
Travail Employment group taught me a lot about working in a professional environment.
Credit control dept
credit controller (Former Employee) –  gloucester20 August 2012
Conservative company.
good management
all female office staff
customers are prompt payers and regualr on time payers
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
no career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travail Employment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Travail Employment Group Reviews by Location