TransLink Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at Translink
Translink Call centre (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim18 July 2017
Translink was a enjoyable place to work and wveryonw who worked in it was helpful. They teached me alot of things i never knew. I enjoyed myself at translink.
Pros
I brought my own lunch
Cons
I started at 9 and finished at 3
Mechanic helper
Mechanic helper (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim28 December 2016
I have done a range of jobs on vehicles working in all aspects of the workshop from servicing buses to light vehicle work shadowing as I am on placement. I'm fit to take part in any job going and willing to help as a team player to provide the best working ability and to complete the job to the highest standar
Pros
Learn lots
Cons
Only receive £40 per week from college don't receive wages for a 37 hour week
Not bad
Metro Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Belfast County Borough27 November 2016
Please think long and hard before you take a job as a metro bus driver . The managers will always take the passengers side all of the time . Days are long and you will work two Saturdays out off three and one Sunday out of six. It will take you up to three years to get your only set of dutys so you will be a spare driver works more weekends. As a new driver your summer holidays will be in October and November for the next three to four years . It's far from a family friendly job please think long and hard before taking it on . Metro 1 dutys are 04.45 start one week the next week is 1500 till 2345. Metro three dutys are spreads 7an till 1900 with a few hour off in between and metro two dutys are a bit of each of the other dutys all mixed in .
Pros
£11.55 per hour
Cons
Long hours, Translink tell you when to tell your holidays
good company
Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby14 April 2016
wasnt there long as it wasnt enough hours for me
loved meeting new people
managent was lovely
co works were lovely and friendly
Pros
3 hours work
Cons
needed more hours
I didn't do anything in my work placement
Bus engineerer (Former Employee) –  Ballymena, NIR23 October 2015
I don't not have a job or never worked i am in farm-lodge tech at this moment of time doing ICT level 2 and also doing my maths and english.
Fun and Enjoyable Place to work
Placement Engineer (Former Employee) –  York Road, Belfast4 February 2015
Management and Co-workers are available for help and advice. As well as this, most persons within the company are very approachable whenever it comes to helping with problems
Pros
Free travel on Public Transport
Cons
Early travel if commuting from outside Belfast
Time management and result.
Account Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast13 December 2014
Translink work environment is one of the best area to work because the staffs work together as a team, has the ability to control pressure and stress to give results. I always say that the team has power over pressure as they do have management strategy that works.

There are two branches in Treasury department, the first one is Account Receivables and the other is the Cashiers department. I was part of the Account Receivable team that concentrates on Revenue and Reconciliations.

There was a time were a member of the cashiers went off sick for three month and I was asked to cover, at this point I had reorganised my time management planning. The team were also there to put me through the Account payable process which I later delivered and I received a recognition from my manager.

The hardest part of the job was to manage the time on both department cause Account payable demand high accuracy and concentration. On the other hand Revenue report does have its deadline and can't be missed but the adjustment of my time to this helped to reduce pressure on me and the job.

I enjoy using the Accounting software known as Agresso 5.6 business solution cause its easy to navigate, furthermore this is a simple system that perform complex task. In addition; the work environment is very comfortable to be and concentrate.
Pros
Every member of staff closes at 2pm on friday
Cons
The IT system sometimes slows everybody down.
Educational
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Belfast, NIR1 July 2014
My short time at Translink was amazing as it was such a fast-paced, hands on environment where everybody was able to get along fine and not have to worry about background or culture. A typical day at work was maintaining and repairing buses etc. The co-workers where very inviting, they always started conversation and asked you how you are which was very welcoming. Personally didn't find any of it very hard as it was an amazing learning experience, which I would repeat time and time again.
Pros
Brilliant, Fast-Paced working environment
Cons
N/a
Great to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Downpatrick, N.Ireland30 November 2013
Basically the job consisted of driving a bus/coach on service mainly which i loved.
Pros
Great weekly wage, meeting new people every day
Cons
Some shifts were long and had early starts
Educative and Proactive Workplace
Treasury Clerk (Current Employee) –  Belfast11 January 2013
My first day at work was very challenging; I was introduce to the business project manager to work as a project accountant while I was originally employed as an account clerk. I received heavy report containing Business Case, Project Mandate, Project Brief,and Quality Submission report. In addition to this I was meant to give feedbacks by end of the week on my understanding about the "like for like" upgrade of the software.

I finally understand project mandate which involve migration of historical data and system upgrade of Agresso 5.4 to 5.5 version which will consume six month approximately.
I finally understand my role as configuration librarian, moreover I was able to understand the financial accounting system and Translink business process.

As a configuration librarian;I attend all design workshops, project board meetings, prepare and monitored risk log, offer end user training of the new version to staffs, and perform integrated system testing.

My co-workers are highly trained professional individuals who work as a team with tolerance and stable personality. My Project manager holds a positive and humble charisma and very dedicated to his work. Although we do experience disagreement and issues within the team but this are always resolved

The hardest part of the Job was the end user training and going through the Quality submission report to understand the configuration items. In addition; understanding the new version in details took me a week and half before I could summarize them and explained it to my manager in my own understanding.

Attending board meetings to
  more... meet the Shareholders representative; and other managers was a great experience for me, I learnt what the board go through behind the scenes to keep the company going. Furthermore it was a great opportunity for me to utilize my skills to the fullest such as Accounting,IT, Project Management, and administration.  less
Pros
launch break
Cons
half hour