Transline Group Employee Reviews for Order Picker

picker (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire1 May 2019
if they offer you anything and you value yourself and your health, you will do well to refuse it, otherwise you will be constantly devalued, got at and pushed to impossible targets.
Pros
Cons
management
Good work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Selby13 April 2018
good and friendly atmosphere, good working hours, decent wages
comfortable canteen, clean toilets good cooperation with management, help of the agency in solving problems.
Pros
free parking
Cons
difficult access
Never work there again
Picker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 January 2018
It felt like they just saw an opportunity to throw alot of people into one place without any thought or consideration. Also a bit of a pain for travel too.
Pros
New enviorment
Cons
Short breaks, very labouring, To many people in one department.
Challenging, good experience overall
Picker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough14 January 2017
- 10 hours shifts

- Learned how to manage my workplace equipment, distinguish the bar codes which i had to scan, interaction with co-workers and management.

- Management were strict but also fun in some occasions.

- Hardest part of this job was the high targets percentages for items you have to pick.

- While working for Amazon in this particular position the most enjoyable part was finding the products which may help me to improve myself and interactions with different people.
Pros
Experience, pay rate.
Cons
Long hours, physically draining.
fun place to work
Order Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rugeley7 December 2016
great people, always helpful, work is challenging but worth it. colleagues are always willing to help and everyone keeps morale up in the pressured peak times.
Pros
free hot drinks
Cons
tiring
worst job ever
Picker (Former Employee) –  dunfermline2 December 2016
unfair targets if you are picking in the tower you will easy meet ure targets but not if u are picking all over the building I was good at my job until I was picking all over the place will Amazon's favourites are all ways in the tower. job security come from glasgow forget it.come from dunferMilne or polish no worries
Pros
Cons
everything especially favouritism towards polish workers
Picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley21 October 2016
Typical days started with a briefing with our team leaders about the work load we have to get through, I learned through management and co-workers how to use the equipment we had to use with ease and how many picks an hour was the base target to hit. The length of shift compared to breaks had and the most enjoyable part of the work was the variety of people working.
They only keep you while they need you
picker (Former Employee) –  Grimethorpe, ENG25 January 2016
Working there is only better than sitting at home doing nothing, and better than receiving a benefit. apart from that you will only be kept as long as they need you, then will be made redundant suddenly without any previous notice.
They will consider you as a target achieving machine, which are rather hard to achieve.
I was doing my best just to keep the job and pay the bills, so i was motivated to work hard, was trained on an additional skill so I thought that i have a good chance of staying as my numbers were good. Then was released with no proper explanation.
We were promised a chance of getting permanent contracts when we started, however over 90% if not more of us were kicked out.
Shifts cancelled with few hours notice, and a lot of times they send you home if there is not much work. So there is not stability with them at all or security.
So if you are stuck for a job it will pay your bills until you find something else.
Pros
Helpful work mates
Cons
no security, wont be treated right.
hopeless
picker (Current Employee) –  dunfermline16 January 2016
i norm do night shift so get picked up i n glasgow at 5.30 i finish at 7 in morn but last monday the bus left at 6.45 transline left app 18 of us waiting till 9.00 for a bus the company knows how many people came from glasgow and should have liased with amazon for stop times to ensure the workers got home. i would also like to add that 1 week later i could npt get to work as the bus was full and left 5 mins early there were 6 people when tne bus left but by the departure time it was between 16 to 18 people waiting to go to work i personaly left a message with the branch number and the sick line but still waiting on a reply when i went to work the next evening was told i am on final warning even though i have never been warned before , but that is transline it is discraceful the way buses have been run from glasgow thay might be momitered now but for the last 7 weeks what have you done ??? why do people have to be crushed trying to get to work or home agaim ??? why cant you put busex on fpr nu.ber of staff going to work or let buses go 15 mins before the end of a shift ??? it is a long day day without all these hickups and tnere is never anything the company can do. i like my job and tne company i hate the travel when it dosnt pick me up or leaves me stranded i even tried to get to work on 4th jan it cost me personaly from glasgow to dinfermline on train snd bus but when i called work to say i was late i was told to go home. i will prob get the sack on monday night for this but all i want is answers that will prob never come
Pros
companionship
Cons
hours and buses
Good salary
Picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley14 January 2016
A typical day at work was about to pick the entire shift, but was fine, i learn teamwork becouse my co-workers was fine people with humor.
Pros
good salary
Cons
repetitive
Transline...dumfermline
Picker (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline10 January 2016
Worked for 3 weeks on the run up to xmas.I wouldnt recommend this job 2 my worst enemy.Make you work 60hrs dont give out payslips...breaks are shocking.Transline team are useless even though there onsite.After 2 nights feet were killing me but still make you work.Bus service from glasgow is shocking,if your not there 30mins before bus leaves it goes without you..worst experience.EVER...still waiting in my holiday pay.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Thousans of cons
Fun place to work ,not funny when you check your account in weekends.
Picker (Current Employee) –  Rochdale, ENG4 January 2016
A nice place to work in , hard work indeed , nice co-workers and management but at the bottom line it's all about the needs of the company , very little about the needs of the workers .
Cons
Not enough work hours to support a family .
amazon ridgemont
picking (Former Employee) –  Ridgmont3 January 2016
When I signed up I was made to believe I get Xmas bonus of £250 so be it your dumped in a warehouse picking I was led to believe it was an easy ish job in my first week I reached targets of 104% then was told I would have to get 3% extra a week it was tuff and did not happen we was treated like slaves pick pick your not working hard enough we got told by the management they would come see you that I had scanned an item missing and get a warning after someone else had found it then bullied into there bulxshxt no contract no nothing free coffee whenever there were cups in the vending machines 15 minutes to break from scanning your last item to getting bk scanning your next item took 7 minutes to get to the canteen staff are shambles do not have a clue never received any positive feed back
Pros
nothing
Cons
Transline
Waste time
picking (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline26 November 2015
I'm working for transline they just care about money,using people. No point work there if u from Glasgow or any other cities they provide transport but charge for this to much.if u working 40 h u in total after tax getting 190 which is even less than work for a min wage in any places in glasgow and u no wasting time, even if u working 6 days a week which is 60 hours u getting after tax and bus 320. It's worth work there just if u living no far from work,but if u from far it's just waiting your money and time
i would not let my dog on the premises let alone a human
picker (Former Employee) –  Doncaster11 September 2015
Worked in Doncaster, not very helpful management. To them your just a number and they think your a robot doing things that would never be achievable in the first place.
Pros
the gates on the way out
Cons
just about everything
I do not really know about the company
Picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley20 July 2015
There are people who do differences of culture and nationality which started being new in a foreign country you very much demolished especially when platforms are part of the same ethnicity
treat employees bad
Picker/Assistant Stock Control (Former Employee) –  leicster9 July 2015
after working with them for 6 months they kept laying me off saying there is not enough work but they still kept on training more and more people but the people who already had bin working there kept getting rest days and not getting told this until we got to work.
Unprofessional!!!!!
order picker (Former Employee) –  Solihull26 June 2015
Only saw our agency contact once in 2 months & that was on the first day of the induction!!
Never had a uniform that was promised.they never contacted the management as the manager on my shift would ask me if Transline had contacted me as they couldn't get hold of the agency.
Pros
management sorted out my hours and met some good staff in the warehouse
Cons
where do i start???
Awful company
picker (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater28 April 2015
Low pay.
If it wasn't for the minimum wage, this lot would pay you nothing.
Always had problems with wages.
Treat you like dirt.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive and fun workplace
ORDER-PICKER (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, ENG26 February 2015
For me it was a new job, a new beginning. I liked it because here I found wonderful people. The work itself did not seem heavy, and work program was accessible. Here I learned many new things in a pleasant environment.
Because, there is a good organization, leadership, everything works like a machine. But the most important thing I've found here is that the person is considered the most important.
I have collaborated very well with my co-workers for the new, we liked what we were doing.
I can not say that there was some easy or some hard work in itself, but I can say that any work that it do with pleasure and it satisfaction produce you, can quickly switch over , the "busy day" or not.
Pros
Consideration transport