Trafford Housing Trust Employee Reviews

In prepared
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park, Greater Manchester13 October 2019
Not helpful, had a bad attitude and wasn’t willing to listen also didn’t want to teach me anything. Left me alone to clean up a flood that I wasn’t properly trained for at the time. They taken my certificates and never gave them back. I would not recommend and I would not go to work there again!
Shambolic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester5 September 2019
Lack of integration for new starters, no introductions or meetings with new team members. No IT equipment ready for nearly 4 weeks. Bias HR, Lack of management and a general lack of diverse personality.

If your happy sat in the office not talking, demonstrating no personality which contradicts what the long standing members of the team want, they will construct a HR reason to remove you within the probation period.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
no diversity
Institutionalised bulling and harassment
Multi skilled joiner / plumber / (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 August 2019
The management of this company are bully’s
And are able to operate that way without consequences from the business leaders and board members
They are relentless when it comes to pushing there staff around have there bias HR department on there side passing private information down to the management without following any of there core values them self’s
Horrible place to work
Unproductive due to inexperienced management.
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park, Greater Manchester17 July 2019
The grounds maintenance department has very inexperienced people to run it and the tools are all broken. Example: they have ride ons worth of about 75000£ standing idle for about 5 months since they purchased them because they forgot to arrange to fit trackers or they don't have hinges on the vans to pull them up or because they need to train the staff to put them on the van or, or, or, etc. Some of the strimmers they give you an electrical shock if while you use them they touch your skin. Most of the lads are decent people but none have qualifications, they don't even know what fuel goes in what machine. The turn over is pretty amazing, I haven't seen so many people leaving in such small amounts of time, including myself. I can keep going on and on but the sure thing is that is one of the worst departments I have ever worked. Not sure about the rest of the company cause I stayed there only 7 weeks.
Pros
8 hours shifts
Cons
Inexperienced managers and untrained staff
Cleanstart
Cleanstart (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park22 November 2018
The job on paper was ideal for myself.
The manager is a Bully abusing is position towards is employers.
Supervisors don't take any responsibility for when things go wrong.like to pass it on to the people below them. The turn over of staff is horrendous can't keep decent staff as they see through the bull.... the managers are. Trafford Trust really needs to take a grip of this side of there buisness. Your threatened to be on report or notes put on your work file if you stand up for yourself. All in all stay clear of this company unless you want to be in the gutter of employment
Pros
8 hour day shifts monday to friday
Cons
Bully management, Its there way or the highway, Managers and supervisors wont take the blame for there mistakes.
Beware Managers pushing productivity
Ex Employee (Former Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester29 October 2018
Good company on paper.
Managers squeeze for extra jobs to be done..
They are not concerned if this affects you..
Their ethos is simply replace you.
Beware Too many jobs sent to you on IPad Technology.
Van is also tracked and monitored.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Heavy Workload and monitoring by overkeen managers
Great & fun people to work with
Fire Warden (Current Employee) –  Warden28 August 2018
Since I started working with THT 7 months ago I've met and worked with some amazing people and it's been amazing working for them and had great opportunitys to work in different roles and environments.
friendly and excellent relaxed environment to work in
Boardroom Director (Former Employee) –  Trafford manchester12 September 2015
Trafford housinf trust is a great not for profit housing association with a excellent friendly open working environment
Great experience for woking in an office
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG1 February 2015
I was selected for the Bright Futures Project, an unique UK-wide student society network in Universities and Schools that supports school leavers in enabling a foundation to move into the work place. I spent an academic year working at the Trafford Housing Trust. Here I completed modules in a variety of departments which allowed me to understand how an office operates. Additionally, I was required to undertake individual tasks within the finance department, such as processing financial transactions, responding to and sending correspondence. In addition, I was involved with Microsoft programming and responding to customer feedback. I completed online courses in customer focus, records management, data protection, introduction to safeguarding, information assurance and introduction to equality and diversity. I also learned the key aspects of working in a team and communicating well with my colleagues to enable a positive outcome.
Producture and intresting work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG11 February 2014
I have learned how the council work and how the housing look after there tenent
I have held meeeting where the police and other groups have come to the meeting to talk about what is happening in the area

I help bring money into the community for children and adults
I enjoy see the improvements that has happen on the estate I live
ok but people have own agender
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Trafford, ENG7 January 2014
OK but people have own agenda
and no trust with management
but different work and can be fun but people two faced
productive
plumbing assistant (Former Employee) –  Sale, ENG7 October 2013
A typical day at work was 8-10 different jobs that included replumbing and repairing leaks. I learnt more about plumbing itself and what it includes like the drain pipes. The hardest part of the day was knowing that it was on a time limit and knowing that the job had to be done in a certain amount of time. The part of the job i enjoyed the most was getting my hands in on everything and getting involved in all the different jobs (the toilets, the baths and using the different tools)
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hours
I enjoy my job but dont feel secure about the future
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  falcon ct in old trafford4 April 2013
Start work at 8am , first empty the bins at the front of the building then sweep and mop the foyer.Then i carry out a block check on all 14 floors of the building with brush and pan,then mop the floors whilst making sure there is no litter, fire exits clear and all lighting in working order. I have learnt that the tenants are treated as our customers and its upto me to keep them all happy.I feel the management do not understand what is really involved in my job and most have come straight from college and into management without any work experience.I get on really well with my work colleagues and also go to watch football with one of them along with both our families.The hardest part of my job is having to deal with unsavourey charactors and not knowing who you might see whilst carrying out a block safety check, especially first thing in the morning.The most enjoyable part of my job is that ive met and made so many new friends.
Pros
work fairly close to my home and family.
Cons
dont feel appreciated by the management for the work and dedication put in.
Building Surveying
Building Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Trafford6 October 2012
Surveying building defects
Specification writing
Asbestos Surveys
Condition Surveys
CAD drawings
Responding to queries
Pros
flexi system
Cons
flexi system