TRAFFORD COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Midday Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire11 January 2019
I enjoyed being a midday assistant and cleaner for Trafford council. It was a productive day helping children and the staff that I worked with were amazing and so welcoming when I first started.
Pros
Excellent friends made
Good place to work,Lots of perks
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Partington5 June 2018
Apprentice so not great pay, given lots of opportunity to grow as a person and professional over the 2 years i have been employed. Staff are lovely and very helpful
Great Place to work
Co-ordinator Education (Former Employee) –  Old Trafford, Greater Manchester1 June 2018
Great work life balance.
Great support team and management.

Trafford is vibrant and a great place of culture.
The community networks are fantastic, as a council it offers sound provisions for families and young people.

I enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
Great Management
na
Commissioning Officer (Current Employee) –  Stretford16 May 2018
Nice offices
Great location
development opportunities
Friendly staff
Onsite car park

Nothing more to add really but it wont let me move on until I add more information.
Hwllo
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 May 2018
good place to work I recommond working here ... data entry and admin skills are a must but good experice on the whole.......................................
good
good
enjoyable
Cleaner/Supervisor and youth worker (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester29 January 2018
worked for Trafford for many years and found it rewarding place to work
morning 7oclock / 11oclock opening and cleaning / maintaining several youth centre's and setting alarm's
management were very understandable and always had time to talk
workplace culture was understanding and respectful in all areas
hardest part of job was time scale of job not near enough hours to cover several centre's
enjoyable part of job's was when member's of the public and staff commented of cleanness
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short hours
Fun and great atmosphere
Exchequer Services Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Trafford5 December 2017
At Trafford Council I learnt skills which I can transfer to other jobs.

A great atmosphere and productive public sector. Professional and enjoyable.

My duties below included:

• My duties included using a variety of software packages and using these different systems when dealing with customer enquiries and providing management information.
• I completed financial assessments relating to community care and residential care charges which includes raising invoices for services and the collection of payments.
• Taking incoming calls and greeting all customers.
• Prioritising all tasks and completing them before deadlines and the service level agreement.
• Ensuring all customers receive a 98% minimum satisfaction rate and ensuring all tasks are completed with compliance and in a timely manner.
Pros
Flexi Time.
Cons
Always in the office chair.
Nice people and place to work
Change Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 November 2017
Nice people and place to work.

Friendly environment.

Good location.

Good benefits.

Flexi time is fantastic

Canteen could do with a better choice
Highly rewarding
ICT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 November 2017
A dream job (for a Manutd fan), based in Manchester United's Museum and Tour Centre. The day starts by walking through the Trophy Room to get to the Study Support Centre, each day except Wednesday, where I was to conduct my work at Lancashire Country Cricket Club.

The main duties included; to start by checking the the servers under my control at both sites, remotely if required. Any failures discovered need to be action asap assessed by the severity of the failure. If there is a network outage, ISP are first port of call.

Next, to check supplies and and suppliers and arrange to be available for eta delivery dates and times.

Then check with staff to see if they are having any issues, taking into account their confidence with IT and being a diplomatic and calming any situation.

After that, run day to day chores, such as adding and removing users profiles and email accounts, adapting profiles per user, process updates and roll out upgrades of Windows, Macs, iPads and anything else thats considered IT.

Afternoons are generally repair times, fixing drivers, repairing screens including IWB Displays and developing artwork using adobe products to create assessments.

Children arrive to continue their Study Support Sessions, intensely studying the whole years Maths, Literacy curriculum using the club as a vehicle to inspire learning.

All children are required to complete a short Maths and IT assessment when they start. This assessment used to take up to 2 weeks to mark and give feedback. I managed to find the time to produce an online version using PHP and MySQl which
  more... cut the time to mark and assess each student to 20 minutes, the time given for the students to complete the assessment. The review would recommend intense learning areas with areas of each of their weaknesses.
Literacy was assessed and driven by a tour of the stadium, taking notes and creating a letter to their parents/guardians describing their experiences. Although each letter was personally assessed and took a period of time, due to the automatic maths assessment, more time was available to consider new literacy delivery methods.
Children were assent at the end of their 10 week program and were delighted with their majority, 100% results. Each child that attended had progressed to receive much higher marks than originally estimated in their GCSE's.
Also included with attending the centre, there were trips to The Lowry Centre for Art, Stockport Air Raid Shelters for History and the MUFC Carrinton Training ground develop a nature reserve next to the training pitches.
We were also involved with many additional projects around healthy eating and safety as well as establishing international links to develop projects with Singapore, Malaysia and Serbia, taking students around the world.

All of the projects needed to be documents for reports to stake holders and supporters of the centres and post articles to the in house design website, prepared by myself.

Along with all the main responsibilities, the centre was part of a amazing network of centres, linked to all of the Premiership Football clubs, Rugby Union and League Clubs, Cricket, Race Tracks and Athletic Clubs. Regularly meeting with regional centres and discoing what was new and what works including a national event each year to present further findings.

This position gave me the confidence and experience to start my business and develop trusted relationships with my current clients.
Pros
Experiences
Cons
Pay and training - although its education, its not IT education and I was expected to find my own with small budgets
Trafford - a good place to live and work
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Trafford Manchester5 November 2017
Each day can be varied depending on which role I am undertaking. Usually extremely busy and interesting but many changes taking place, some good, some not so good. Hardest part of the role is dealing with some of the cases that come through the department relating to children and adults service users. The most enjoyable part of the role is learning of the positive outcomes and changes made for the better to service users lives.
Good
Connexions Personal Adviser (Current Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester5 September 2017
It's really good, I don't know what to put I don't want to fill this in and resent having to. I feel it is inappropriate to be asking this when someone is searching for work.
Overall a good authority
Social worker (Current Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester25 August 2017
work life balance is poor however as a social worker this is what I have come to expect.

Management are supportive

Location and building is nice.

Canteen food has improved.
Modern environment
Specialist commissioning manager (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester7 April 2017
Open office environment with mixed discipline teams which provides the opportunity to expand your skills in a variety of different areas. Clear management lines.
Pros
Open office environments
Cons
M62 car park
Good
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester12 March 2017
I enjoy my job. I have learnt a lot being at my current job through courses in which I have had a privilege to attend for example, first aid courses. I work 10 hour days, which can sometimes be a bit long and tiring however the children and people that I work with always brighten my day up.
Pros
Live close by
Eyfs enthusiast
Nursery Teacher (Current Employee) –  Timperley19 January 2017
Core believer in eyfs being unique and not being swallowed up by top down initiatives. Lover out outdoor learning and forest school approaches
Interesting and friendly place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester15 November 2016
Good friendly environment, job satisfaction and good training. Co workers and management best in this field and by definition very caring and committed to job.

Best part of job was enjoying the environment as much as the clients.

Worst or hardest was physical requirement when clients had mobility problems, lifting and moving people in a safeand dignified manner within health and safety guidelines.
Pros
Free lunch, fun at work
Cons
Only downside was christmas and bank holiday work requirements
Busy work place, friendly work atmosphere.
Business Support Finance (Former Employee) –  Trafford Town Hall27 September 2016
Tight Deadlines to complete reports and make invoice payments.
Learned more on SAP accounting software and its usage.
Management were very cooperative and approachable.
Co-workers were very helpful and supportive.
Hardest part of the job was the high expectation deliver productivity with minimal training.
Enjoyable part of the job was the busy working atmosphere and the opportunity to learn new financial tasks.
Pros
Beautiful office, facilities and location.
Cons
Change of management.
Forward thinking innovative Directors
PA full time (Current Employee) –  Manchester2 August 2016
I enjoy working at Trafford council and would like to remain if there were any permanent roles. they are very forward thinking and are putting great initiatives in place for social care services. The people are very friendly, approachable and supportive.
Pros
Good working conditions and friendly atmosphere
Cons
lack of permanent roles
spoilt
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Trafford24 May 2016
when working for trafford you get spoilt with pay and mileage paid
i work borough wide. great staff and managers.
hours are anything from 8am to 10pm at night.
Boring and miserable
Apprentice Finance Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Trafford17 May 2016
The people there had no enthusiasm they weren't easy going and they just moaned most of the time. There wasn't much opportunity to progress further in the company.
Pros
flexi time, good holiday quota, HR system