TRAFFORD COUNCIL

TRAFFORD COUNCIL Employee Reviews

United Kingdom44 reviews
fun and enjoyable place to work
fast pacing organisation, supportive team, learning culture and always changing in the organisation which can be a disadvantage at times, however values meet the society and community needs
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Really good
Friendly and helpful reception staff, well prepared with equipment, lots of chance to progress within the job, lots of different career opportunities within sport and leisure a very secure job,
The job i did was fast paced but i enjoyed it. There was good communication between staff and we worked as a team throughout my time there i would recomend this job to people with children
Terrible management, bad working culture
My team was based at Sale Waterside. Flexible hours pattern is great for work / life balance. The majority of staff are brilliant, lovely people who work hard.

There are some amazing managers at Trafford but there is also a horrible culture within some teams with managers who abuse their power. Unfortunately mine was one of the latter, directly resulting in me (and many other colleagues within a short time period) leaving jobs we enjoyed and a team we loved. Unfortunately Trafford do not investigate managers who are unable to retain staff.

The manager did not do any work or contribute anything positive to the team and created a very low staff morale with a tense, oppressive atmosphere. Also delegated her role out to the rest of the team, then micromanaged and watched every move the team made - a complete waste of Trafford's money - and a very stressful environment for a great team.

Hopefully Trafford will use any feedback from past employees in a constructive manner, as intended by Indeed, in order to make changes and help to retain staff by improving their working conditions and emotional wellbeing.
Pros
Flexible hours, great colleagues
Cons
Bullying culture, managers who abuse their power
Changing Objectives & Fast Paced - Stressful but Worthwhile
I enjoyed 13 years working for Trafford Council but more importantly serving my local community. I am immensely proud of Trafford and have lived in the area all my life.

If you enjoy working to tight deadlines and can cope with fast paced changing objectives then you will enjoy working for Trafford. It can be hard balancing the needs of the general public and the demands of elected members but its worthwhile. With ever reducing budgets and merging departments the working environment changed so much over 13 years and I decided to leave to explore other sectors to expand my experience.
Stimolante
Varia da sede a sede e da scuola a scuola, in generale collaborativo
Pros
Tempo libero
Cons
Sovemte troppo spezzato tra mattina pomeriggio e sera
friendly environment,flexible position
I did enjoy to work there.it was flexible to work there.i was casual staff so did not need any notice period.i would recommend others to work for Trafford council.
work experience
work experience, voluntary work in an office and handling data, meeting and greeting visitors, attending meetings and creating spread sheets. administration and IT assistant work based at Trafford council,
Shambles
The practices are as hostile as the management. The board turn a blind eye and everyone is over worked and stressed and too scared to say anything in case they get the sack. Avoid like the plague
Trafford Council
Positive experiences all round and been with them just over 12 months
Paid on time

Staff friendly, helpful and understanding

Great team work & communication
Productive place to work
I enjoyed being a midday assistant and cleaner for Trafford council. It was a productive day helping children and the staff that I worked with were amazing and so welcoming when I first started.
Pros
Excellent friends made
fire warden
my typical day at work wasn't bad I would patrole the buildings and make sure everything was safe and sucure for the residents that lived there once a hour
Good place to work,Lots of perks
Apprentice so not great pay, given lots of opportunity to grow as a person and professional over the 2 years i have been employed. Staff are lovely and very helpful
Great Place to work
Great work life balance.
Great support team and management.

Trafford is vibrant and a great place of culture.

The community networks are fantastic, as a council it offers sound provisions for families and young people.

I enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
Great Management
na
Nice offices
Great location

development opportunities

Friendly staff

Onsite car park

Nothing more to add really but it wont let me move on until I add more information.
Hwllo
good place to work I recommond working here ... data entry and admin skills are a must but good experice on the whole.......................................
good
good
enjoyable
worked for Trafford for many years and found it rewarding place to work
morning 7oclock / 11oclock opening and cleaning / maintaining several youth centre's and setting alarm's

management were very understandable and always had time to talk

workplace culture was understanding and respectful in all areas

hardest part of job was time scale of job not near enough hours to cover several centre's

enjoyable part of job's was when member's of the public and staff commented of cleanness
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short hours
Fun and great atmosphere
At Trafford Council I learnt skills which I can transfer to other jobs.

A great atmosphere and productive public sector. Professional and enjoyable.

My duties below included:

• My duties included using a variety of software packages and using these different systems when dealing with customer enquiries and providing management information.

• I completed financial assessments relating to community care and residential care charges which includes raising invoices for services and the collection of payments.

• Taking incoming calls and greeting all customers.

• Prioritising all tasks and completing them before deadlines and the service level agreement.

• Ensuring all customers receive a 98% minimum satisfaction rate and ensuring all tasks are completed with compliance and in a timely manner.
Pros
Flexi Time.
Cons
Always in the office chair.
Nice people and place to work
Nice people and place to work.

Friendly environment.

Good location.

Good benefits.

Flexi time is fantastic

Canteen could do with a better choice
Highly rewarding
A dream job (for a Manutd fan), based in Manchester United's Museum and Tour Centre. The day starts by walking through the Trophy Room to get to the Study Support Centre, each day except Wednesday, where I was to conduct my work at Lancashire Country Cricket Club.

The main duties included; to start by checking the the servers under my control at both sites, remotely if required. Any failures discovered need to be action asap assessed by the severity of the failure. If there is a network outage, ISP are first port of call.

Next, to check supplies and and suppliers and arrange to be available for eta delivery dates and times.

Then check with staff to see if they are having any issues, taking into account their confidence with IT and being a diplomatic and calming any situation.

After that, run day to day chores, such as adding and removing users profiles and email accounts, adapting profiles per user, process updates and roll out upgrades of Windows, Macs, iPads and anything else thats considered IT.

Afternoons are generally repair times, fixing drivers, repairing screens including IWB Displays and developing artwork using adobe products to create assessments.

Children arrive to continue their Study Support Sessions, intensely studying the whole years Maths, Literacy curriculum using the club as a vehicle to inspire learning.

All children are required to complete a short Maths and IT assessment when they start. This assessment used to take up to 2 weeks to mark and give feedback. I managed to find the time to produce an online version using PHP and MySQl which
 - more...
Pros
Experiences
Cons
Pay and training - although its education, its not IT education and I was expected to find my own with small budgets
Trafford - a good place to live and work
Each day can be varied depending on which role I am undertaking. Usually extremely busy and interesting but many changes taking place, some good, some not so good. Hardest part of the role is dealing with some of the cases that come through the department relating to children and adults service users. The most enjoyable part of the role is learning of the positive outcomes and changes made for the better to service users lives.