Tradewind Recruitment Employee Reviews

Avoid this agency
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire30 August 2019
AVOID! Can't speak for the wider Tradewind Recruitment offices, so this review is no reflection on those teams other than the Hull Office. In my 15 years of teaching I can honestly say this is the poorest agency in the area. The communication I have received throughout my time with the Hull office has been very poor. Especially when you have to call them yourself to find out what's going on. When registering it's all pleasant and positive but on reflection it's all fake. I had no other option to register with another supply agency which in hindsight has been the best decision I have made this year. I am starting a full time role from September which my new consultant arranged for me. I wasn't going to write this review, but I felt other professionals or aspiring professionals needed to know about the experience received from this office. Please avoid or at least do your research before using this agency. Speak with fellow colleagues first.
Official response from Tradewind Recruitment
18 September 2019

Candidate care is our utmost priority here at Tradewind, we're really sorry to hear this as it’s not representative of our team in Hull and the exceptional feedback we receive for their customer service and we would love to help. Should there be anything you would like to discuss in more detail please contact our Director Liz; liz.edwards@twrecruitment.com who will be more than happy to assist.

Great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset6 May 2019
Good communications with staff and management
Openness
Works hard to get as much work as possible
Friendly
Happy
Organised
Put in schools that suit me and my style to teaching - especially SEN
Hardest part of job is not knowing whether I am always going to have work or not but always given enough time to prep for each day when asked to work.
If I could give a zero rating, it would have been more appropriate
Contractor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 February 2019
Not to be trusted, will replace you with cheap staff the moment they can. Rude staff, will hang the phone down on you if you need to seek clarification of contract and terms. Gave me a year's contract, and then replaced me days into the post - the year's contract was as false as their promises
Inadequate
Supply Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire22 January 2019
Whilst working for Tradewind there was little to no contact made towards me on their part, it was rare that they would even contact me regarding any new job openings which they promised they would.
Naice Agency to work with
Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kings Langley, Hertfordshire20 January 2019
Good agency, giving me the opportunity to work as a Spanish Teacher. Also they have given me support and look up to me as a new person working with them.

I am new and for the moment there are giving to me all the support I need.

They have behaved very well giving me a job as a Spanish teacher that is my subject area.
Pros
I don't know ject
Cons
I don't know jet
greedy business
Teacher (Former Employee) –  London19 December 2018
greedy commission, 70-80 pounds a day from you which is ridiculous, about 40% of your pay check. Especially when you have to call them yourself/fill out your own time sheets. No one should profit off education.
Pros
easy sign up
Cons
Greedy natured business
Challenging and rewarding work. Well Managed
Cover Supervisor/Cover Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire27 September 2018
I really enjoyed working with Tradewind. The staff were exceptional. Very polite, efficient and considerate. My consultant was exceptional, and although there were times where I could have done with extra days, I was well aware that there were other much more qualified and experienced candidates than myself.

The support from the company was really good. I really enjoyed the varied nature of the work. Going to really nice schools in primary one day, and then the inner city rough schools for secondary the next.

I learned a lot about myself, my branch of skills and what kind of teaching i am personally suited to.

A typical day was to wake up about 6, head off to the school for the day, get a briefing from the school about my roles for the day. Fulfill the roles. Integrate with the students, and assist the teacher where i could.After the day had finished, i would get a call from Tradewind (normally my consultant) and review how i felt the day had gone, and review what the school thought of me. Then try and get some more shifts for the week. I would be finished on average between 4 and 4.30 pm
Pros
well managed, lovely staff
Cons
long hours, infrequent work
Good team
Profesor para Tradewind Recruitment, Manchester (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester13 June 2018
Good agent to work with, always trying to find the best for their employees.
Lovely supply agency
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Manchester29 May 2018
I've felt very welcome at this supply agency from the beginning. Nice people who seem to go the extra mile. This is a typical supply agency who work like most others but the difference is that they listen to what you are really looking for and have your best interests at heart when looking for work for you.
Tradewind is great
SEN Candidate Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 April 2018
A great place to work, lovely environment and lovely people. They put a lot of time and effort into training employees and reward hard work and have great incentives
Excellent Agency
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire8 August 2017
Reliable and fast paced in finding work and willing to accommodate to personal and professional needs.
The management are helpful and approachable and there is an over all good sense of team work.
The company provides a good service.
Teacher of Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire7 June 2017
I worked for them quite a few times. I had no issues with them on any matters. They cater for your needs as and when needed. Tradewind provides CPD courses - online or webinars for their teachers. This would be very beneficial to new or NQT's and overseas or unqualified teachers.
I cannot make any comment as I have not attended or done any of their course although I wished and signed for a couple.

I think the payment they offer is less than other recruiting agencies in London.
Great job
Exam Invigilator (Current Employee) –  London17 February 2017
I enjoy invigilating as I get to meet new colleagues and also the school become familiar with you. It's great if you have a family as you can do the school run and get to work.
Pros
Get to meet colleagues and interesting people
Cons
Could be paid more
Exam Invigilator (Current Employee) –  London28 September 2016
althought this job may consider long hours of standing it is a great environment to meet new people and to assist those with different needs
Fawood Childrens centre
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  London7 September 2016
Amazing first day meeting the new children and staff the class room would be set up on a daily basis, praises were all around me for my trial day so I decided to take the long term role Fellow co-workers were all amazing, very friendly and helpful. I learnt to take many instructions from all the staff and managed to learn the routine quickly, I learnt how to do a learning story on the eylog which i had not done before. Having fit in well within my new setting i knew that this was going to be an amzing experience .Learning over 75 children's name was a great challenge for me, would definately go back again if approached.
Pros
1 hour lunch hour
Cons
non
productive and fun workplace
Premises Manager (Current Employee) –  Southwark, London15 April 2016
Enjoyable friendly comfortable.
challenging at times but straight forward and predictable.
Co workers are friendly and easily approachable and always willing to learn.
Brilliant work place and oppitunity
Exam Resourcer (Former Employee) –  London2 April 2016
So many benefits and such a good dedicated team to work with.
I learned a lot from every single member of person. Is run smoothly with every department working towards each goal. Every week, the CEO's highlight how well the whole team has done and the rewards are endless. Its a fun place to work.
Plenty of work, friendly team
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ENG12 January 2016
Tradewind's consultants were always friendly and aimed to provide myself with enough work as a subcontractor. Teaching in a range of school settings across London taught me to adapt and survive to many diverse situations
Lsa
Teaching Assistant/ Learning Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  london2 March 2015
A very supporting team and great people to work with, very professional and co operative the registration seemed very straight forward and easy.
Fun and very rewarding.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG20 February 2015
Each day at work varies with different challanges occuring each day. I have to manage my own time effctively to ensure I get all the tasks completed on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradewind Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

Tradewind Recruitment Reviews by Location