Tradebe Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work.
Plant Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Avonmouth3 January 2019
Working conditions are dredful and dangerous. Management have no concerns over your health or safety, as long as the work gets done and they reach their quota to get their company wage benifits then they just don't care.

No respect for staff at all, you are treated like dirt and expected to work all sorts of hours. Management constantly bend the rules to meet demand even if it means putting your health and safety in danger.

Some of their work practises are questionable if not against enviromental legistation e.g releif drivers with no training or ADR certification, Anatomical waste (body parts etc.) left for months in a refrigerated container that is never switched on (apart from enviromental visits!), throwing bags of hazardous waste around with the danger of spreading airbourne and potentialy life threating germs ....the list is endless.

HR department has no interest in staff concerns and always side with management. Management will result to blatant lying to cover their own backs.

If your face don't fit or you don't bow down to their every demand then you get singled out and ultimately pushed out, hence the high turn over of staff.

I had left the company due to a work related back injury caused by the management's negligence and ignorance of doctors orders and was still forced to lift heavy loads etc. against doctors instructions. This resulted in a court case that lasted years where the company lied and cheated throughout the whole process just to try and get out of it.

If you value your health both mentally and physically and want a life outside of work
  more... then I highly recommend you give this place a miss.  less
Pros
Absolutely none.
Cons
Too many to list.
I love the smell of rotting flesh in the morning
Body part logistics (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol3 December 2018
If you enjoy the smell of rotting human flesh this is the job for you. Body parts, used needles etc from hospitals.
Disgusting sickly-sweet smell in the warehouse which means frequent trips outside for fresh air before you throw up 🤮
Employees are made to sign a disclaimer so they don't sue the company if they end up with hepatitis or something equally nasty.
Pros
Nope, can't think of any
Cons
Disgusting smell, human body parts, hepatitis
Administrator
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire27 September 2018
I currently work for this company and I have never felt more welcomed when I first stared everyone is so friendly and helpful I would definitely recommend working for this company and I hope to stay for the foreseeable
Not a nice place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire15 April 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. If your face doesn't fit they want you out. The managers have no respect for their staff and speak to you like rubbish. The training is also poor.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Poor Management & training
Productive and challenging
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear16 June 2017
Job is challenging and sometimes chaotic as everyday is different. Tasks set for one in the role I had were not all that hard on there own but when several happen at once it's difficult to keep up with them as something else had a tendency to be dropped into the list.
Political and Perception Driven
UKIT Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 November 2016
Family owned business with corresponding baggage. Culture can be challenging. Decisions can be made entirely based on perception.
Started off great company, before new management structure came into power
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield21 April 2016
the company initially started with a strong vision, and respected employees.
Soon after buying out another company, the senior management from the purchased company remained.
Disregard for employee and dishonesty from senior directors, unfortunately destroyed the ethics and the vision initially set.

wouldn't really advise anyone to work for this company
Pros
where I was working it was great site with a fantastic team
Cons
company's vision changed
Not as planned
Plant Operative (Former Employee) –  Salford, ENG21 September 2015
I had believed I had found a permanent post that would provide ongoing stability. However, the company closed the plant in July 2015 due to losing the contract. Very disappointed but hopefully I will secure another position in the near future.
busy and fullfilling
trainee deputy plant manager (Current Employee) –  Knottingley, ENG2 September 2015
my typical day at work involves liaising with operators on plant to find out if there have been any problems on site, completing paperwork and cusum analysis of plant material to review performance. communicate with the chemists in the lab to see if there are any problems that have occurred during the blending of thinners. if yes I contact the head office sales team so they can inform the customer in enough time if their load will be delayed etc. the hardest part of the job is the workload that comes with this job. it is very demanding but at the same time rewarding. my most enjoyable part is I get to manage myself, get on and complete me work. at the end of the month after totalling thinners made, to see what we have achieved is very rewarding in deed
Productive and safe workplace.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Heysham, ENG17 January 2015
This site is a top tier COMAH site and a great place to work. The day to day operation are enjoyable and rewarding. I have learned many things including first aid, confined space, breathing apparatus. The only reason I wish to leave is that I cannot see any prospects to advance any further in this company.
Pros
Varied workload provides new challenges every day.
Cons
Night shifts. No prospects to further my career.
Productive Chemical Plant
Process Support Operator (Former Employee) –  Knottingley, ENG10 March 2014
My role was a process support operator.
Main duties loading, unloading vehicles via Forklift Truck of chemicals including fuel. COSH and Health and Safety trained in house. Working with colleagues and customers on a daily basis, providing professional assistance and care. General yard work duties undertaken, keeping areas clear and safe.
Shift work.
Pros
Learned various tasks ie; re COSH Health & Safety, FLT all in house training
Cons
workin with chemicals in summer months with heat