Toybox Day Nursery

Toybox Day Nursery Employee Reviews

There are many advantages to working here and I have enjoyed working here in some aspects. However a lot of work needs doing in retrospect to how staff are treated.
we had 3 different managers in the space of 3 months and nobody ever seemed to want to take responsibility for anything. The owner speaks to staff disrespectfully and refuses to give us pay slips and we are always missing money at the end of the month
The children's learning, development and care needs are always met at this setting. The staff members work together to achieve the best possible outcomes for the children. The wage is higher than national living wage. The owners are warm and welcoming, they greet all staff members,children and parents. The management team are experienced and highly qualified.
Management and owners are there not to cater for the children’s needs, not to encourage development, not to give the children care and security, but to gain themselves a profit. They cannot keep a member of staff for any more than on average, a year, and there’s plenty reason for that! I would absolutely NOT recommend that you begin and kind of career at this place, as by the way it’s going, id give it less than a year before it’s closed down.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Owners and management and caring for the staff
I use to get up every morning and either bike or get a lift from my mum to get me in. Then after clocking in to work, get my mop and bucket ready and then take them and the rest of the equipment in need upstairs so i could clean the rooms and toilets with them.
Pros
I was allowed to bring my cds in and play it on the cd player, so i could listen to my music .
Cons
Cleaning the upstairs within my 3 hour time window, it was impossible to do.
It was a very busy nursery and I have learned a lot from their experienced staff members, the management was great . It was a multicultural nursery, the hardest part of the job was managing the paperwork and the enjoyable part of the job was teaching and caring for those all lovely kids and families.
Cons
A main day consists of giving the children food and also activities for them to do throughout the morning and afternoon. I learnt how to deal with children that had learning difficulties and epilepsy.
Pros
nice place
Cons
Worst place I have ever worked Management and the owner are against any new suggestions Its not about doing things right, just about making a huge profit
Pros
Hours werent too bad
Cons
Herrendous management/owner
Lovely place to work, was nice to walk away after a days work feeling happy. Staff are great! Everything about the job I enjoyed, it built my confidence.
Pros
Built confidence
Cons
a day at Toybox is fulfill with providing outstanding care for the children and providing as much as possible chances of play for the children through the day and providing nutritional snacks and meals and healthy drinks
Toybox is a happy and vibrant environment to work in. There are 18 staff ranging in various age groups.A typical day starts at 9am and finishes approximately at 5pm. Children have snacks form 9am and then from 10am we do an organised activity and then the children can have free time. Some will have bottles and then sleep, we will do rhyme time, puzzles, dressing up and spending time in small groups. Lunch time is from 12 miday to 1pm, then those who haven't had a sleep will then get a chance to rest. Tea is at 3pm and then at around 4pm children will start go home Toybox shuts at 6pm.The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the children achieve their goals and watching them blossom, and being in a privelaged position to be able to look after them. The hardest part of the job is the Ratio of children to staff as you only need one child to feel out of starts or needs extra time for settling in as they are new, then it becomes hard to juggle.I am able to update all my knowledge of child care by attending various courses and being offered opportunities to progress.
Pros
Holiday pay and sick pay, friendly people to work with
Cons
Some people do not accept change.