Total Employee Reviews

Awful company
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Ashford6 June 2018
You dont get treated as a person management are useless and the top bosses either don't know how the guards are treated or they just tuen a blind eye .
Pros
Pay
McDonald's has more opportunity
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Neath Port Talbot2 June 2018
This company doesn't care if you're on the verge of death as long as you're available to cover shifts. Don't expect to be treated with an ounce of respect if you decide to work here.
Pros
Paid time off, paid breaks
Cons
Minimum wage, long hours, horrible colleagues, no sitting
Toxic company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 June 2018
Worked for them for a while. Promise everything then deliver nothing. Don’t see how they can keep contracts as they are in total panic stations all the time. Can’t talk to anyone as they wanted all done by email but then get no answer and their app and portal freezes and crashes. Rubbish company rubbish systems. Pay is very poor and they had t pay out £4 mill in fines for not paying minimum wage.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything. Not organised. Always changes shifts. App and Portal out of date and doesn’t work.
Hours
Security officer (Former Employee) –  London29 May 2018
the job is flexile
work within your area
pay £7.80
always available hours
any concerns about anything the control room is always willing to help
24 hour control room
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay is low
good supportive management, recognise hard good work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kent28 May 2018
I have worked for TSS for 9 months and I have been supported well by management even when was seriously ill and I work hard to prove my worth to the company as they promote from within (something id like to do). My efforts have been recognised by my area manager every month and also by higher up as I am receiving awards and personal letters etc... I enjoy work for TSS as its a challenge and hard work but its worth all the effort
Pros
good supportive management, efforts recognised
One of the better companies
Security Officer/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 May 2018
If you join this company, don't leave. Its much better than others out there. I'm currently looking to get back into this company simply because I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Everything apart from perks and pay
Cons
Pay and perks
Productive and Fun Place to work
Sites Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire30 April 2018
Supportive management and excellent staff. It was a good opportunity to have my knowledge shared and improved with various skilled professions. One of the best places I have ever worked.
productive enjoyable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent26 April 2018
not so good and not so bad, management was ok, not a hard to work,security officer job is more or less similar,there is not a boring part, I always enjoy the most,
challenging enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Erith, Greater London11 April 2018
The role I had as a security officer was a very challenging one, always a different situation with different people to keep an eye on. The best thing for me when I worked there was the connection with the regular customers.
Rubbish and Unethical
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 March 2018
I have never met such a bunch of poorly managed mangers! They don't know what they are doing, so that says a lot about there mangers training and who runs the company. I have to agree with the other reviews that they take your money when your sick, they ALWAYS do your pay wrong, then when complain always say sorry - its like they see what they can get away with. Why Tesco work with them is unknown, Apple Inc, Boots and Waitrose, they must be waiting to move away from hem, because TSS is one main sinner in the business world.
Pros
Could work 1000 hours a week because they are always short of people
Cons
Never thanked, Minimum wage, No benefit, Keep your pension money until you complain to the Regulator.
no communication and bad organisation
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Restricted Information19 March 2018
cant organise or communicate sufficiently.
practically no training other then in the office/ 1 hour in a random store which is not useful when you are then placed solo in a superstore.
payment was weeks late, ended up getting a cheque in the post.
not treated as human but more slot fillers.
will still expect you to work if you have been V&D that day.

this was my first month with the company.
Pros
new experiences and pay
Cons
too many to list
Suitable for gaining security experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2018
It's a great company for the service they provide. A good place to start building security experience, they take the time to train their staff before they start.
Total Security Services
Area Security Manager (Current Employee) –  North Wales/Shropshire15 March 2018
The largest privately owned company in the UK.
Numerous high profile and prestigious clients.
Offices across the country.
Gold standard accreditation.
SIA Approved
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Work life balance
Incompetance is rife here
Guard (Former Employee) –  UK13 March 2018
Absolutely abysmal company. Nobody has any clue what they're doing. Control room operatives and management alike do not care about you regardless of if you're seen as a hard worker or not and will attempt to bully and intimidate you.

You will be treated as though you are worthless. On-site Tesco/Morrisons/Waitrose staff and management in the stores are lovely however (in my experience). But they are not strictly colleagues as you are sub-contracted obviously, thus being a seperate entity.

The unanimous opinion of both myself and every other guard I've worked with on-site. Avoid TSS.
Pros
Not even applicable.
Cons
As above, too many to list off.
Terrible workplace
Security survelliance officer (Current Employee) –  Dagenham9 March 2018
Terrible workplace, they don't pay the complete salary, they are not organized, they don't have constant work, can be very inconvenient at times also sending an officer to a work place for a great distance in such a short amount of time.
Pros
walk to work
Cons
standing up for long hours
Interesting
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dorchester8 March 2018
The job gives the opportunity to learn lots of new things, the training package is excellent. Surprises you every day with various behavior and support from community.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
Long hours and communication between offices
Very boring job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  South coast6 March 2018
The colleges in store made this job fun but very boring standing at the front of the store attending to door alarm’s was expected to meet and greet customers
Pros
Cons
Very boring
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent28 February 2018
It was a shame to leave this job as I loved it. I was always busy and had a great working relationship with everyone at all levels. Had to find alternative work as Tesco: working they're sub contract, decided to cut the working hours to zero.
Pros
Great atmosohere
Cons
Not enough hours
Retail security is terrible
Trained relief officer (Former Employee) –  London15 February 2018
I worked for TSS for 3 months, i never got enough work, i was working once a week at my local tesco, when they give me work i would have to travel out of london and then stand and face abuse for 12 hours on minimum wage. NOT WORTH IT.
Cons
salary
Stay away - worst security company in UK
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney, Greater London11 February 2018
Worked here for a few years as I needed the work. really glad when I left because I saw another security company and saw how it should be done. They treat you like dirt, and if they don't like you they just stop giving work so you have to leave. Massive turnover, thats why they always advertise, not because they grow. The managers have no ideas what they are doing they aren't trained like other company trains them.
Pros
No positives here, no perks or good holiday or anything. only good was the training.
Cons
Long hours, no pay if sick. No travel paid, not even car park. Zero hours contrat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total. Our community is ready to answer.