Total Security Services Employee Reviews

Rubbish and Unethical
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 March 2018
I have never met such a bunch of poorly managed mangers! They don't know what they are doing, so that says a lot about there mangers training and who runs the company. I have to agree with the other reviews that they take your money when your sick, they ALWAYS do your pay wrong, then when complain always say sorry - its like they see what they can get away with. Why Tesco work with them is unknown, Apple Inc, Boots and Waitrose, they must be waiting to move away from hem, because TSS is one main sinner in the business world.
Pros
Could work 1000 hours a week because they are always short of people
Cons
Never thanked, Minimum wage, No benefit, Keep your pension money until you complain to the Regulator.
no communication and bad organisation
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Restricted Information19 March 2018
cant organise or communicate sufficiently.
practically no training other then in the office/ 1 hour in a random store which is not useful when you are then placed solo in a superstore.
payment was weeks late, ended up getting a cheque in the post.
not treated as human but more slot fillers.
will still expect you to work if you have been V&D that day.

this was my first month with the company.
Pros
new experiences and pay
Cons
too many to list
Suitable for gaining security experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2018
It's a great company for the service they provide. A good place to start building security experience, they take the time to train their staff before they start.
Total Security Services
Area Security Manager (Current Employee) –  North Wales/Shropshire15 March 2018
The largest privately owned company in the UK.
Numerous high profile and prestigious clients.
Offices across the country.
Gold standard accreditation.
SIA Approved
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Work life balance
Incompetance is rife here
Guard (Former Employee) –  UK13 March 2018
Absolutely abysmal company. Nobody has any clue what they're doing. Control room operatives and management alike do not care about you regardless of if you're seen as a hard worker or not and will attempt to bully and intimidate you.

You will be treated as though you are worthless. On-site Tesco/Morrisons/Waitrose staff and management in the stores are lovely however (in my experience). But they are not strictly colleagues as you are sub-contracted obviously, thus being a seperate entity.

The unanimous opinion of both myself and every other guard I've worked with on-site. Avoid TSS.
Pros
Not even applicable.
Cons
As above, too many to list off.
Terrible workplace
Security survelliance officer (Current Employee) –  Dagenham9 March 2018
Terrible workplace, they don't pay the complete salary, they are not organized, they don't have constant work, can be very inconvenient at times also sending an officer to a work place for a great distance in such a short amount of time.
Pros
walk to work
Cons
standing up for long hours
Interesting
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dorchester8 March 2018
The job gives the opportunity to learn lots of new things, the training package is excellent. Surprises you every day with various behavior and support from community.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
Long hours and communication between offices
Very boring job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  South coast6 March 2018
The colleges in store made this job fun but very boring standing at the front of the store attending to door alarm’s was expected to meet and greet customers
Pros
Cons
Very boring
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent28 February 2018
It was a shame to leave this job as I loved it. I was always busy and had a great working relationship with everyone at all levels. Had to find alternative work as Tesco: working they're sub contract, decided to cut the working hours to zero.
Pros
Great atmosohere
Cons
Not enough hours
Retail security is terrible
Trained relief officer (Former Employee) –  London15 February 2018
I worked for TSS for 3 months, i never got enough work, i was working once a week at my local tesco, when they give me work i would have to travel out of london and then stand and face abuse for 12 hours on minimum wage. NOT WORTH IT.
Cons
salary
Stay away - worst security company in UK
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney, Greater London11 February 2018
Worked here for a few years as I needed the work. really glad when I left because I saw another security company and saw how it should be done. They treat you like dirt, and if they don't like you they just stop giving work so you have to leave. Massive turnover, thats why they always advertise, not because they grow. The managers have no ideas what they are doing they aren't trained like other company trains them.
Pros
No positives here, no perks or good holiday or anything. only good was the training.
Cons
Long hours, no pay if sick. No travel paid, not even car park. Zero hours contrat
Hard work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Peterborough24 January 2018
Cctv was very hard to do as have to be on th look out all the time at a lot of stuff and be on the ball with things and all ways think of the law and lot of report writing
Poor man mangement
Security officer. (Current Employee) –  London22 January 2018
To them you are just your Id number never get pay increase and when I did once minimum wage was introduced it was withdrawn
Overall if your in need to work to pay bills this will do
Pros
No fixed rotasg
Cons
No hours if your manager is in a mood
Interesting and worth doing
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Various locations22 January 2018
I really enjoyed this job, the training was brilliant, was nervous to start with but the staff are great, once you have the information needed to do the job it is easy to get into it, the results are satisfying.
Pros
Great oppertunity
Very poor
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire20 January 2018
Poor company management poor wage poor hours poor over all poor all they care about is saving money for them selves make the guards work all evening shifts no life
Always hours available
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boots Cardiff20 January 2018
my last store I enjoyed work with a small team of security officers. It was a large store with a number of different departments always kept on our toes
Pros
Discount
Cons
Can be long hours
Not good
Relief Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 January 2018
Not really a good company to work for as they give just and only minimum wage. Shifts are weird also the unifrom isnt the best as the quality is poor.
well run team
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Livingston14 January 2018
I got on well with my colleagues and management. I could not fault any part of the job that I had to o. Very interesting variety of duties to perform each day
Pros
Happy
Cons
Travel
Stay away from them
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 December 2017
Completely unprofessional. The booking on app never works as crashing all the time. Very high turnover of guards so always panicking. Phoning the control is hard and rude calls. Treated like a number
Pros
Avoid, do something better!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London24 December 2017
Wages are too low for security work and no real support from your line manager or company.
you are not valued from the stores you actually work in and are just seen as a outsider spare part.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8