Total Security Services Employee Reviews

Not good
Relief Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 January 2018
Not really a good company to work for as they give just and only minimum wage. Shifts are weird also the unifrom isnt the best as the quality is poor.
well run team
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Livingston14 January 2018
I got on well with my colleagues and management. I could not fault any part of the job that I had to o. Very interesting variety of duties to perform each day
Pros
Happy
Cons
Travel
Stay away from them
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 December 2017
Completely unprofessional. The booking on app never works as crashing all the time. Very high turnover of guards so always panicking. Phoning the control is hard and rude calls. Treated like a number
Pros
Avoid, do something better!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London24 December 2017
Wages are too low for security work and no real support from your line manager or company.
you are not valued from the stores you actually work in and are just seen as a outsider spare part.
Poor management
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 December 2017
I worked here for 2 years and mostly it was terrible. Phone calls on day off, had to keep asking for holidays to be approved.. pay was wrong, premium pay for traveling was missing, then denied, then promised, then not paid, then I often had to make loads of phone calls.. very disorganised management and the never make a decision. Glad I left, Better security companies.
Pros
No pros, even pay is low
Cons
Always being pushed when just have one day off a week, broke H&S break rules
Be prepare for new challenges every day
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London9 December 2017
Its mainly a retail security, the security officer have to be active and vigilant at all times and operate CCTV to focus on individuals who create disturbances in store.
guaranteed work
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Clapham Junction, Greater London29 October 2017
Guaranteed work...... Plenty or clients for them to ship you out to. Whether it is Boots, Tesco or Waitrose.
Pay was atrocious when I was working there, with area managers not wanting to give you the raise you deserve. even when you are working for there Premium Clients Waitrose.
Pros
depends what branch you are shipped out to.
Poor Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol15 October 2017
They constantly cancel shifts that have been agreed at short notice. They expect you to attend shifts miles from your area with no concern as to how you would get there and back. They phone you continuously on your day off and then are rude to you when you say you have other commitments and can't cover the shift they want you to. If you have any enquiries don't ask the management because they can't, or won't, give you an answer or help of any kind.
Pros
Uniform
Standard
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Midlands4 October 2017
Getting rid of store detectives..JOKE!! It's an ok place to work I was promised progression and it just seems I'm going backwards pay cuts and job roles taken away and replaced with uniform
Pros
Cons
Late hours/poor pay/not bothered about
Fantastic company.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Havering, Greater London1 October 2017
I've worked for TSS for a month after leaving the Shamble that is Cardinal and I can honestly say it's a great company too work for and I'd recommend it too anyone looking too get into security. My area manager Richard is a fantastic guy he's helped me out from the start to assure my work is suited around my personal life when he could've easily said I don't think this company is for you. Stores I've worked in are all really nice people and treat you as one of their own employees which always makes a job enjoyable, the three days training was a bit long winded for me as I had already done Retail Security before hand so I already knew a lot of what was taught, but always good to have a refresher and I did learn a few bits I didn't know before. Moneys not going to make you a millionaire in a year but if you get the hours in can earn yourself a good wage, Overall a good company too work for everyone's really helpful and don't expect you too be married too the job like some company's do.
Pros
Good hours and friendly company
Depressing
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wales15 September 2017
I have worked at this company for over a year.
Job is very repetetive. Managment are a joke and pay is terribe. Work and life balance is bad pretty much non existant. Only possitive thing is pay is always on time with no errors other than that there is nothing else that's positive.
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
No social life/family life
Productive and Fun work Place
Retail Security Operative (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire20 August 2017
Great Place To Work At.
The Company is Really Customer and Service focused.
I have been working for Total Security Services for Two Months now, so far I am really happy with the way everything is going on.
Pros
Lunch Paid For
Cons
Night Shifts
Exasperating and stress inducing
Retail Security Guard (Current Employee) –  West Midlands19 July 2017
Only really any good for a part time job. The way I've been constantly moved around (even after being told I'd be recieving a permanent position) and not been told what to do properly or had procedures vaguely explained to me is rediculous.
Pros
Good holiday time
Cons
Bad management
My Duties
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City12 July 2017
My duties include, patrolling Boots premises, manning the front entrance of the store, acting as a deterent, doing daily toilet and fire exit checks and abiding by Strict Health and Saftey standards.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours
No life, poor wage, treated like a number.
Security Officer/Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire21 June 2017
If you want no life, no social security, no sleep. Poor wages/ something else that I can't put here. Want to be treated like a number and work 21hrs out of 24...... Then tss is the job for you........ If you want to be treated better then go and join anyone else.......
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, stepped on.
Overall standard pay and team members who can not speak english.
Retail Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Highams Park, UK12 June 2017
Lack of team moral and spoken english management
Good amount of work they have a app for work hours keeping

Advice to Management

Better rate of pay for what occurs, as shoplifter may be aggressive and may cause physical damage to you as much as it has been calmed and the pay is lower than a normal Tesco colleague etc
Pros
Pros Good security industry a lot of staff
Cons
Cons Low pay wages looking for a better pay.
Working with TSS
Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 May 2017
1) A typical day at work: You stand all day on your feet looking after the store and deterring potential thieves/preventing theft
2) What I learned: Customer service skills, teamwork and working alone, proactivity, etc.
3) Management: Satisfactory. They help you when you need help, but they ask for overtime a lot, so much so that I've even heard that one of my colleagues was forced to do overtime (which is rare, however).
4) Workplace culture: Basically working in superstore as security. Nothing special.
5) The hardest part of the job: making sure that you have 100% A.S.C.O.N.E (Approach, Selection, Concealment, Observation, Non-payment and Exit) before you stop a customer. Also standing on your feet all day is difficult at first, and will possibly lead to feet ailments (ie. athletes foot).
6) The most enjoyable part of the job: Honestly, the only enjoyable part is knowing that, when it's a few days until payday, you know you're getting your paycheck!
Pros
Long lunches which are paid, stable job, no experience needed.
Cons
Not enough staff - often asked (sometimes forced) to do overtime, money is minimum wage.
Ok company to work for
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dundee City18 May 2017
Good rates and also you get what you put into a job so your employment as good as u make it to be how ever o think the company can do better with communication and change the horrible uniform make you look like a fake cop
Pros
Rates
Cons
Uniform
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire15 May 2017
Poor management when lack of work and late duties left to last minute. It made me feel uneasy and confused because I did not know what I was doing on each day.
Proffesional company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Midlands4 May 2017
A professional company with competent management and support staff. shifts are sometimes hard to come by but if you are willing to travel work is abundant. There could be more Screening on employees as they seem to get a lot of guards who are only working in security to pose and flirt or because the job centre made them. The initial training and ongoing training the company provides Is helpful and helps weed out the useless staff. There unfortunately does not seem to be any real chance for career progression so is you are looking for a job in security go for it but would not recommend it as a company you could make a career out of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8