Total People Employee Review

View all Total People reviews

Face fits culture
General dogs body (Current Employee) –  Middlewich, Cheshire31 July 2018
Company has been taken over by MC. new MD in post who has created lots of change. Redundancies have happened in various sectors so far and I am sure will continue. A lot of staff are turning on each other because of this.

Company overall:
Lacks communication skills, throughout centre to centre everything is done differently!

Learners are being disadvangaged because exams are not booked, learners will turn up and have to be asked to leave after up to 2 hours of waiting.

Employers unhappy with disorganisation of learners.

Face fits culture, managers have been there years. Colleagues who appear supportive/ happy to help you often will ‘report back’.
HR friends with Colleagues which puts them in my eyes in to a position of distrust.

People given job titles, unsure of what they actually do? Or having their role given out to others on top of their work load. Doesn’t make sense!!

Company isn’t used to targets, will struggle in current climate re apprenticeships. Already company are not making money nor breaking even on P&L.

Thrown in at deep end with job, learn as you go and only told you are doing something wrong when you make a mistake.

Managers go out galavanting for afternoons here or there!

Salary is awful 17.5k -18k usually given with car allowance. Some staff travel hours during the day to get to centres. But policies are not the same for everyone, some people will have very flexible diary’s others will not. This depends on what team you are on.

Gossiping is rife, more so than other companies I’ve worked at. The ones doing the most
  more... gossiping are the ones who don’t seem to have much work to do and awaiting redundancies to hit them.
Team meetings are a waste of time and expenses to get there.
Pros
Wearing own clothes, dress down approach
Cons
Everything else.

Other Total People Employee Reviews

There is development available if in the right job
Apprenticeship Assessor and IQA (Former Employee) –  Middlewich26 August 2019
Very busy role, lots of travel over 10 mile radius.
Job Work/Life balance can be unbalanced if not organised as lots of paperwork to complete on top of daily visits to Apprentices.
Salary not the best, you do get a car allowance built into salary and expenses paid for petrol and parking.
Hardest part of the job keeping everyone happy and most enjoyable part is seeing Apprentices achieve their goals.
Pros
Laptop and mobile
Cons
Use of own car
Very 'Face Fits' Culture, No Training, Bureaucratic
HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire6 August 2019
I was a Human Resouces Advisor at Macclesfield. The 'training' I had was 4 weeks of shadowing, which is not training.

Office was very much a middle class club If they did not like you, people would not speak.

I was out in my company car, monitoring the progress of NVQ Apprentices, not really having much of a clue what I was meant to be doing. Of course, this was all entirely my fault. I witnessed taxpayers' money being wasted on a big scale, people donig next to nothing, and ridiculous waste of paper.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total People. Our community is ready to answer.