Total People Employee Reviews in Middlewich

There is development available if in the right job
Apprenticeship Assessor and IQA (Former Employee) –  Middlewich26 August 2019
Very busy role, lots of travel over 10 mile radius.
Job Work/Life balance can be unbalanced if not organised as lots of paperwork to complete on top of daily visits to Apprentices.
Salary not the best, you do get a car allowance built into salary and expenses paid for petrol and parking.
Hardest part of the job keeping everyone happy and most enjoyable part is seeing Apprentices achieve their goals.
Pros
Laptop and mobile
Cons
Use of own car
Face fits culture
General dogs body (Current Employee) –  Middlewich, Cheshire31 July 2018
Company has been taken over by MC. new MD in post who has created lots of change. Redundancies have happened in various sectors so far and I am sure will continue. A lot of staff are turning on each other because of this.

Company overall:
Lacks communication skills, throughout centre to centre everything is done differently!

Learners are being disadvangaged because exams are not booked, learners will turn up and have to be asked to leave after up to 2 hours of waiting.

Employers unhappy with disorganisation of learners.

Face fits culture, managers have been there years. Colleagues who appear supportive/ happy to help you often will ‘report back’.
HR friends with Colleagues which puts them in my eyes in to a position of distrust.

People given job titles, unsure of what they actually do? Or having their role given out to others on top of their work load. Doesn’t make sense!!

Company isn’t used to targets, will struggle in current climate re apprenticeships. Already company are not making money nor breaking even on P&L.

Thrown in at deep end with job, learn as you go and only told you are doing something wrong when you make a mistake.

Managers go out galavanting for afternoons here or there!

Salary is awful 17.5k -18k usually given with car allowance. Some staff travel hours during the day to get to centres. But policies are not the same for everyone, some people will have very flexible diary’s others will not. This depends on what team you are on.

Gossiping is rife, more so than other companies I’ve worked at. The ones doing the most
  more... gossiping are the ones who don’t seem to have much work to do and awaiting redundancies to hit them.
Team meetings are a waste of time and expenses to get there.
Pros
Wearing own clothes, dress down approach
Cons
Everything else.
Wonderful company brilliant staff to work with
Head Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middlewich11 June 2018
Busy reception every day.
I learnt many things and gained my qualification in NVQ Customer Service and Business Admin level 2 & 3.
Management were always approachable.
The hardest part of my position was to say NO to extra work loads.
I loved meeting people from all levels both in the work place and face to face contact.
Supportive and challenging
Functional Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Middlewich29 February 2016
Travelling from venue to venue to deliver to a variety of learners needing either functional skills support or GCSE English Language tutoring. Predominantly a lone worker left to manage own caseload and ensure learners achieve their targets prior to their funding and framework deadlines.

Co-workers are extremely supportive and helpful and always willing to answer a call to offer advice or guidance when necessary, as I do in return.

The hardest part of the job is the amount of travelling between venues and rarely seeing another team member.

The most enjoyable and fulfilling part of the job, is helping the learners achieve and knowing it was as a result of your patience and their hard work.
Great in - house training, lots of support.
Management Training Adviser (Former Employee) –  Based at Middlewich.31 July 2013
I would manage my own diary and caseload, this gave me the opportunity to work in a variety of companies. I also worked on large cohorts ( around 20 learners) for the NHS, Liverpool community health and Cheshire East council.

Whilst at Total People I completed my Management L3, Advice & Guidance Support L2 and my Key skills for Communication, Maths and ICT at L2.

The more difficult part of my job was to market for new companies as time was an issue when working on large cohorts, this was over come by booking marketing dates in advance to visit other companies.

The most enjoyable aspect of my role of Training Adviser was meeting new people and coaching them to develop and meeting their development goals. This is where my passion resides.
Pros
Great development opportunities.
Cons
Poor expenses package.