Total People

Total People Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews
Has gone through a number of changes over the past few years, including a buy out. Salaries are low when compared to other companies in the same sector.
Did not receive any pay as it was like collage. Went there to try and get more qualifications but it was a really pore place to be and did not enjoy it
Total People expect an awful lot from their staff and the pay is relatively low and does not reflect the market rate for the qualifications held. It is a very stressful company to work for too as the workload is extremely high and little support from management.
Many different job roles within this company, over the years the company has changed from a non-profit organisation to a profit built company, driven by time scales and dead lines. At times stressful and a tendency to take work home to ensure timeliness outside work time. Way too many chiefs not enough Indians, and are to feel like another number.
Worked here for many years and seen it first hand change. Gave it chance but can confirm it's not being for best. Managers are useless/clueless and only interested in them selves. Bullying is rife and they expect more then is physically possible hence why everyone is leaving and they are always advertising speaks for itself. No job security or pay rises for past 5 years.
Very busy role, lots of travel over 10 mile radius.
Job Work/Life balance can be unbalanced if not organised as lots of paperwork to complete on top of daily visits to Apprentices.

Salary not the best, you do get a car allowance built into salary and expenses paid for petrol and parking.

Hardest part of the job keeping everyone happy and most enjoyable part is seeing Apprentices achieve their goals.
Pros
Laptop and mobile
Cons
Use of own car
I was a Human Resouces Advisor at Macclesfield. The 'training' I had was 4 weeks of shadowing, which is not training.

Office was very much a middle class club If they did not like you, people would not speak.

I was out in my company car, monitoring the progress of NVQ Apprentices, not really having much of a clue what I was meant to be doing. Of course, this was all entirely my fault. I witnessed taxpayers' money being wasted on a big scale, people donig next to nothing, and ridiculous waste of paper.
A typical day at work was enjoyable because there was friendly banter with the colleagues and employers. At Total People I learned IMI level 1 & 2 light vehicle maintenance. The management at Total People was a very solid system. The workplace culture was very friendly because it doesn't matter what religion or ethnics you are treated the same. The hardest part of the job was changing the clutch. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have friendly banter with my colleagues and employers.
Pros
early starts
Cons
short breaks
I worked here for several years as a Trainer. There was a lot of travelling in the job and no two days were the same. Management were fair and willing to listen. Most enjoyable part of the job was planning your day and organising your own workload but you need to be self motivated, autonomous and able to work unsupervised to succeed in a Training role.

Hardest part of the job - travelling for miles to meet learners who could not be released from the job for training.

Staff - most friendly team I have ever worked with.
Pros
Friendly culture
Cons
Poor pay structure and little opportunity for progression
Company has been taken over by MC. new MD in post who has created lots of change. Redundancies have happened in various sectors so far and I am sure will continue. A lot of staff are turning on each other because of this.

Company overall:

Lacks communication skills, throughout centre to centre everything is done differently!

Learners are being disadvangaged because exams are not booked, learners will turn up and have to be asked to leave after up to 2 hours of waiting.

Employers unhappy with disorganisation of learners.

Face fits culture, managers have been there years. Colleagues who appear supportive/ happy to help you often will ‘report back’.

HR friends with Colleagues which puts them in my eyes in to a position of distrust.

People given job titles, unsure of what they actually do? Or having their role given out to others on top of their work load. Doesn’t make sense!!

Company isn’t used to targets, will struggle in current climate re apprenticeships. Already company are not making money nor breaking even on P&L.

Thrown in at deep end with job, learn as you go and only told you are doing something wrong when you make a mistake.

Managers go out galavanting for afternoons here or there!

Salary is awful 17.5k -18k usually given with car allowance. Some staff travel hours during the day to get to centres. But policies are not the same for everyone, some people will have very flexible diary’s others will not. This depends on what team you are on.

Gossiping is rife, more so than other companies I’ve worked at. The ones doing the most
 - more...
Pros
Wearing own clothes, dress down approach
Cons
Everything else.
Some supportive colleagues, seemingly supportive management.
Learners were from varied troubled backgrounds, however it was very rewarding to see some learners achieve after working hard to get through their academic qualifications.

It was a pleasure to see some of the individuals persevere and get through to the end of their education programmes.
Pros
Every day brought unexpected, new challenges.
Cons
Very little room for career progression.
Busy reception every day.
I learnt many things and gained my qualification in NVQ Customer Service and Business Admin level 2 & 3.

Management were always approachable.

The hardest part of my position was to say NO to extra work loads.

I loved meeting people from all levels both in the work place and face to face contact.
Good place to work, work life balance is good .. but doesn't pay very well, travel allowance is provided ...
The learners are split into manageable groups and resourses are provided
Total People are a North West training provider, covering apprenticeships in a variety of qualifications such as Engineering, Motor Vehicle, Equestrian and Construction. I would maintain good contact with a variety of customers, help learners with queries and also do general administration duties.
I applied for an apprenticeship in childcare and got put on a study programme. Didn't explain dates and the course clearly. Felt like being in school again as it was a waste of my time.
Pros
Got paid for fuel usuage
Cons
Didn't put me on the right course that I applied for
Good manager
Can be stressful

uncompetative salary

Poor team work

Poor communication

Some very strong and capable members of staff

Helping learners who have had a stressful back ground and poor expierience at school to focus and achieve things they thought were not possible
Cons
high work load
Travelling from venue to venue to deliver to a variety of learners needing either functional skills support or GCSE English Language tutoring. Predominantly a lone worker left to manage own caseload and ensure learners achieve their targets prior to their funding and framework deadlines.

Co-workers are extremely supportive and helpful and always willing to answer a call to offer advice or guidance when necessary, as I do in return.

The hardest part of the job is the amount of travelling between venues and rarely seeing another team member.

The most enjoyable and fulfilling part of the job, is helping the learners achieve and knowing it was as a result of your patience and their hard work.
Total People really supported me with my childcare qualifiacation and without them I wouldnt have achieve the job that I now have! The staff really supportive and training sessions are excellent.
Pros
Earn while you learn
This training provider supported me through my childcare qualification and gave me lots of confidence to progress and to gain a full time job in what I loved to do. Would really recommend
Pros
Lots of suidance and support, training really informitive
Cons
Stressful, unfair and demanding while working £2.73 an hour to do the exactly same as other staff. Total people is awful place to work and the trainers are unfair and not approachable.
The job can be very challenging as dealing with learners with challenging behaviours, but can also be very rewarding when you see their reaction when you tell them they have passed their exams, as for some of our learners even though they are 16+ it is often the first time they have passed anything and will receive a certificate. Hardest part of the job is witnessing staff not giving the learners 100% and hard working staff members having to carry them because they have no motivation to do the best they can for our learners.