Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews
I'm a bank worker and my managers have been brilliant with all the other stresses that they are facing at this awful time with my own underlying health issues and etc to this virus always find me the right place to work and I thank u for that, I love it I'm knackered at rhe end but look forward to coming in in and helping just that little biy
Pros
Helpful temp staff on the floor managers
Cons
Not the office based managers.. Always too busy or away from the office
Shocking culture of bullying and intimidation from directors and senior managers and nothing is ever done about it. Freedom to speak up doesn't work. Cost cutting left right and centre and nobody cares about staff.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Directors and managers behaviours
Fast paced, team working, dealing with sick people, liaising with people outside the hospital such as social services, domiciliary care companies. Arranging complex discharges.
Terrible to work for no family/work balance and a real bullying culture that everybody knows about and nothing ever gets done about it. The only good thing is the salary but on balance with everything else its not worth it.
Pros
discounted meals in canteen
Cons
too many to list
Having worked for the NHS for the first 6 years of my employment, it was a good step in the right direction in terms of building my confidence and social skills.
The trust is ok to work for.Unfortunately the cut backs they make are,in my opinion,are in the wrong places,which makes the frontline staff's jobs very difficult.The training you get is good,but when the courses expire the management don't rush to renew them.The most difficult part of the job is having to use poor quality products to clean with.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
poor communication from management
Why I ever left the nhs is beyond me looking back at it.
The job was fun and at times felt rewarding, most of the people I met and worked with were down to earth and always willing to lend a hand of offer some friendly advice.

It was also the most secure I've ever felt at a workplace.
I’ve worked at Torbay Hospital for 20 years in 4 different roles to which I very much enjoyed and progressed through the Trust. I was fortunate to complete a NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care and my Nursing Diploma through the Trust.
Always friendly helpful straff with great career opportunities.
Pros
Furthering your career
Cons
Staffing at times
I was here for a week during February 2014 for work experience and was asked to come back for Summer 2014. I didn't receive any pay for this duration, but I took away a lot of new skills and confidence.
Loved the team and the environment, lots to do and keep you busy. I worked on the bank which had its advantages having two young children and got me back into working life.
Pros
work hours suited me
Cons
cuts were made and my hours on the bank didn't suit the hospital
It was a very good place to work for but it is now 16 years since I was there, therefore it may not be an accurate reflection as to the current working environment.
Pros
Good location.
Cons
Poor senior management communication.
This is a secure and ideal job for anyone looking to work in an office environment, however as someone who is only 22 years old, I feel that I am a little young to be here. It has a variety of job roles available to appeal to any nature of person.
Working in the NHS in the current climate demands the delivery of more for less which makes each day a challenge. The financial constraints affect everyone and the job security that was once there has gone.
The Trust however do their best to provide a supportive working environment and recognise the importance of staff wellbeing and a good work - life balance.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Demanding
I have worked in Torbay for a number of years and I really enjoy working here. I enjoy working in an office environment as part of a team, I enjoy the amount of patient contact I have and I feel generally well looked after as an employee of Torbay Hospital.
Pros
Great annual leave entitlement
Cons
Not always flexible with working hours
Worked with a great team. Learned a lot about how clinical trials work within a secondary care setting within the UK. Able to use a lot of knowledge and experience gained within the USA within this role.
On a typical day at work I collect my viist list priortise my work load, have a quick chat with my work colleagues and then start my work
which is mainly lone working.the hardest part of the job is dealing with conflict. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new clients and interaction with clients.
Job title - Customer Services Senior Clerical Officer
Job location - Torbay Pharmaceuticals in Paignton.

Pay is very good with regular increments.

Management varies from really helpful and supportive to very poor, no time for employees.

Busy periods and tight deadlines were the hardest part of the job but if you are like me and enjoy a challenge this wouldn't be a problem.

Best part of the job was getting good results and praise into the customer services dept.
Pros
great work colleagues
Had to carry out various different jobs from vision test to setting up theatres. Learned to use a range of different medical devices and techniques to provide the highest standard of care for patients. Management was very supportive and pushed you to further your development. Was a very big team with a lot of different personalities great team. Dealing with the volume of patients coming through the department, the most enjoyable part was seeing the satisfaction on patients faces when the eye issues were resolved.
I love working at the hospital, its a well-paid, flexible job which allows me to work as and when I can-which fits perfectly with my social life and sixth form studies.
It is a very rewarding job and I get a lot of job satisfaction.
Pros
Great Pay, flexible working
Cons
difficult to get hours sometimes