TORBAY COUNCIL Employee Reviews for Law Enforcement Officer

Dont
Civil Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Torbay17 July 2019
Terrible place really but pays the bills will leave as soon as i find something suitable being a traffic warden is hazardous and stressful and management support is minimal more interestd in getting people out to enforce than welfare
Take my word for it - dont bother!
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Parking Services23 April 2019
In my short time working for torbay council (Parking Services) i can honestly say it was biggest mistake ive ever made and have regretted it. Thankfully now i have moved on! Management is shocking. There is no duty of care and a massive turn over of staff. I wonder why? When i started i was pretty optimistic and excited for the future but soon relised that i had made a big mistake. Staff morale was at a all time low and working with a lot of pi**ed off people. You'd have more fun working at a cemetery! However, despite my negativity and nothing great to say about the service. This doesn't mean to say other services are the same. I think its safe to say i'll never work for the council again. Parking Services has a lot to learn especially on staff management and people skills. The salary doesn't justify the work and line of duty. You work 5 weekends in a row before you have a weekend off and the shifts are anything between early starts (7.30am) and late finishes (10pm) so don't bother if you have a social life.
Pros
Fresh Air
Cons
Terrible Shifts, A lot of weekend work, poor management, poor staff morale, poor leadership, poor salary
Civil enforcement Officer
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Torquay25 January 2019
Worked here for 15 months. I can honestly say it’s the worst managed and organised job I’ve experienced in 45 years of working.
Uniform is same for summer and winter, no extra warm weather clothing provided even though you’re expected to work in all weathers. Rain gear is cheapest available.
When Officers are attacked or verbally abused there is no duty of care shown by Manager who is only interested in how many tickets have been issued.
You are treated by office workers in same department as if they had just scrapped you off bottom of their shoe.
Some of colleagues are really good to work with but unfortunately the majority are ticket issueing automatons and are horrible to work with and go out of their way to upset the public.
Don’t bother working here unless you fall into the last category - not a job for nice people!!!
Pros
Fresh air
Cons
Shocking Management
Outdoor and own boss
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Torbay6 October 2014
A typical day, logging cars, use of time management, talking to customers, issuing pcns
Pros
what ever you make of it
Cons
can be stressful