TOPPS TILES Employee Reviews

Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redditch15 December 2018
Good place to work, yes it is hard work, that is the nature of the goods. Management very supportive, you get out what you put in. Training is second to none and opportunities for advancement are there. Work life balance is generally good, like anywhere there will be times when you need to do extra shifts , but no one is forced to do it. The company has a clear direction and has a great team feel.
Pros
Great atmosphere, interesting work, great training
Cons
Some of those things are heavy!
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire6 December 2018
I have worked for Topps in the head office for a very long time like a lot of people throughout the company. My work is challenging but really interesting and rewarding. The team I work with are great - respectful, supportive, and passionate. My work / life balance is great. My career and development have been brilliantly supported by Topps over the years, I’ve learned so many new skills that have helped me progress my career.
Pros
Rewarding, fun, challenging, open.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Leicester28 November 2018
I have been working at Head Office for nearly two years, and have been really impressed with how friendly and welcoming everyone is at all levels. I have had the opportunity to develop in my role and feel my manager is very supportive with my personal development, allowing me to have exposure across the wider team.

Dealing with people both internally in Head Office and also across the retail business, I genuinely enjoy working with Store Managers and Area Business Managers, and have strong relationships with them as we all drive to the same goal of driving the business forward.
Pros
Fantastic working environment, flexible working hours, bonus
Cons
Not always enough parking at busy times
Atrocious company very high expectations
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershirec26 November 2018
Very demanding job..loved my job at first.. got ill with my physical and mental heath.. was off for months the illness came on from working for this company lone working no management to run the store or assistant manager both had been moved to other stores and we was left om our own.. . We were not trained first aiders and there were none in the store so if an accident occured we wouldn't be much help..there was no support, they never gave my medication chance to work and sacked me.. I had more bad news I have liquid on the brain.. awful company discrimination and unfair dismissal. Management made up lies and so did one of my colleagues. I am appalled at how they treat their employees.. also it feels so unsafe at night big open windows cashing up £1,000 no cctv around the shop or outside and the manager left to go xmas shopping..
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Long hours, vile employers management hr ect.. no breaks, not supportive at all.. love to undermine you and punished for being off sick.
Terrible compamy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wishaw3 November 2018
Management are all in a clique and if someone doesn't fit in then they all team together to get them to leave. A lot of in work affairs happen and if you try to out said affairs then your job life is made a living nightmare.
The worst experience of my working life!
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 October 2018
This job is ok if your face fits. I found it hard to fit into the clique mentality of the Cheetham Hill Manchester Branch. They said in the interview they pride themselves on a good working culture but this is not the case. I was made to feel like an outsider after the first couple of weeks. A truly terrible place to work!
Pros
Wages ok
Cons
Long working hours.
Productive and Friendly Environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southall, Greater London26 October 2018
Working at Topps Tiles involves a lot of hands-on work alongside a vast amount of daily interaction with customers. Employees are encouraged to work together to make sales and provide customers with a friendly, at ease shopping experience
Rewarding
Service specialist (Current Employee) –  Plympton, Devon22 October 2018
Good company to work for with an excellent team of workmates at Plymouth, Looking for full time work. I need a new challenge. The management structure is not supportive.
Pros
Commision
Cons
un planned shifts
Stay clear
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 October 2018
Don't even bother, I have been working for Topps for 2 years now and all that time has been a nightmare
no work/home balance, rubbish pay, targets to high, this company just takes and takes.... nothing can be worse than this company.. stay well clear,
Pros
Cons
long hours, rubbish pay, no home life, long hours
good place to be
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  North London, Greater London1 October 2018
Its a wonderful place to work full of very helpful people and stuff like everyone is very helpful and no question is a stupid question it's okay thoroughly enjoy...
Horrible place to work
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middlesex12 September 2018
This is a company that goes by the value that if your face fits then you will go far if it doesn't be prepared to be messed about. Bonus structure is disgraceful they will try whatever way they can to take it away from you. Pay is rubbish for the amount you have to do. Targets are unrealistic. Area manager is harsh and horrible and two faced. Work balance is disgusting can actually send you into depression.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Redditch2 August 2018
Good people with a great customer base. Work life balance is quite good for a retail company. Very labour intensive work which is only natural with the nature of the products.
Hard Sales
Sales Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth26 July 2018
They push the hard sale way too much here. It's like being pounced on and being pushed to buy something. And the KPIs are terrible to be penalised for this each week was horrible
Great place to work with great people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside5 July 2018
Ensuring all customers are given the best service possible & want to recommend us to family & friends.
Have the right conversation with all our different types of customers.
Coach & develop my team by motivation & continuous feedback.
Staying positive with your team when sales aren't there.
Knowing my team enjoy coming to work everyday.
Boring Workplace
SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire27 June 2018
Depending on the management of the stores the experience you have at Topps will be different compared to most retail places. It can either be really fun & motivating. Or completely dead & boring
Pros
Good Commission/Bonus
Rubbish to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire25 June 2018
Worked with them for 2years . Hours not good management needs to improve like need new management. Bonus hardly ever . Rate of pay poor for what you have to do . No progress in the company . It’s just a constant battle every day. Would not recommend this job.
Interesting workplace.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire14 June 2018
As my first step into the world of tiles and trade, it was very interesting seeing how things worked, learning new things regarding the trades.

Overall the Wellingborough store is well ran and credit to the manager for being friendly and supportive.
Pros
Commission and bonus opportunities.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Unrewarding
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon11 June 2018
There was no room for progression. Vert target driven to the point of no longer being helpful to customers.

Work life balance was poor, felt like holidays and time off were a burden to the company.
good workplace with the right people
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 June 2018
Is a good company if you are working with the right staff. There are a lot of store managers that love the power and can ruin staff morale. Have a good and precise plan for the future of the company, if your looking for job security go here.
Pros
can have very easy days when quiet
Cons
can be long hours and a lot of heavy lifting, a lot of customers moaning at poor tilers blaming the store instead of the fitter
great people to work with
Warehouse operative/Forklift Driver/MHE Trainer (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire22 May 2018
good place to work because of the people in the warehouse and you can advance within the company only when it suits the company its manly picking shop orders useing a hand held scaner
Pros
non
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOPPS TILES. Our community is ready to answer.