TOPPS TILES

TOPPS TILES Employee Reviews

United Kingdom168 reviews
good hours rubbish pay
the salary does not reflect the ammount of manual labour carried out on top of your main job title. inc back office work and cold calling customers who don't want to be contacted
Learned so much i a short space of time. Worked to high levels of detail and felt rewarded. Was pretty much no restriction on duties as long as i was able to complete the tasks in high tonrequired leve.
Pros
Job satisfaction, Fast pace, great laugh
Cons
Wouldn't say its a con but i had to be flexible due to the fast pace environment.
A good place to be
Like most jobs its the people that you work with that make the job,the targets are realistic and the earning potential is not limited, a good place to work
Poor
serving customers advising on products
checking off delivery and putting away stock

housekeeping

delivery and collecting stock

poor training

poor management not prepared to train people

not feeling comfortable in the role

working full time and earning reasonable money
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor training, management
Toppstiles
I worked in topstiles about 3 years the management are all bullies in there and treat people like rubbish the pay was not to bad to be honest there is alot of racism in there to I tried to challenge them as in the professional way but the management always took there side so I decided to move on
Pros
Not bad pay
Cons
Bad manegment and too much racism
Brilliant place to work
Been there 5 years now, very quickly went from a service specialist to store manager. What you put in is what you get back. Great training, I went in with no prior knowledge to telling traders and customers what they need to tile correctly.
Line management is fantastic, my Area Manager is the most supportive manager i have ever had and this rises further up to
Simply a great place to work
Yes heavy lifting is sometimes difficult but the job is rewarding. Small teams create a family environment which can really make a difference to your working life. Commission and bonus payouts dont come without hard graft which is understandable. Work/life balance is great compared to my previous jobs. Always the chance of progression if you work for it.
Good job bad pay
I enjoyed working for topps tiles the people are great but the pay ment I could not afford to move out of my parents and some months if it was really quiet and did not get much commission I just abouts covered my bills
Not for me
Not a good company
Managers are unfair

Long working hours

Don’t get a hour break you just work through it and you can’t leave on your

lunch which is bad
Pros
Laidback
Cons
Rubbish pay
Hard place to work
The management are a joke, they sit in the office all day and become bean counters, you get in trouble for not making sales and they want you to push and sell things customers don't actually need
The management make up there own hours and decide to leave early most days leaving you to open up and close the place
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long ours and unrealistic targets
Heavy work
Good company to work for but heavy work. Good management. Nice to build up relationships with traders. Very target driven.Nice small teams which makes work pleasurable
Great Company
I have worked for Topps Tiles for 24 years this year. I started off as a service specialist, working my way up to Assistant Manager and then onto Store Manager. We run on average teams of 4 to 5. There is heavy lifting involved and Sales targets to be achieved and you will receive commission on all your sales. Summary, small teams, hard work, sales targets but great company with great opportunities.
Great place to work.. can be agist and a blame culture
Worked as assistant manager from 2001 until 2009 when i was forced out by an over zelous area manager who didnt like anyone over 45 not being a manager. my first management position was designed to fail due to the way that branch had previously been badly run. i resigned in2009. Then, too many people willing to stab thier collegues in the back in order to secure thier position.
Productive but Stressful
A typical day would involve advising customers both retail and trade on the correct materials and tools for their particular projects, stock management and general maintenance to the store. The company was a very enjoyable one to work for at first but after the loss of certain members of management the atmosphere drastically changed and there seemed to be less focus on customer service and too much on figures and conversion rates.
Fun place to work
Overall good company to work for, always learning new things and get great joy helping customers with their project. It can be hard work due to heavy lifting at times. overall I enjoy working for Topps tiles as everyday is different and enjoy working with my team.
fun place of work with many opportunities to learn
fantastic company to work for. plenty of opportunities to progress in a career. not overly stressful environment but does include heavy lifting.
weekend work is required, optional days
Pros
flexible days
Cons
weekends
Terrible company to join as experienced manager
Topps has progressive products to sell. It has an abusive middle management culture to make it happen.
If you are an experienced manager don't waste your talents by joining topps. The company thinks that staff get trained by magic and the next round of new managers is inevitable. Topps places no value on staff training or coaching and assume your time is free to them. Ask them how overtime works and you'll start to understand. Ask you fellow managers how they get their time in lieu back and the penny will drop.
I loed my work experience at Tops Tiles. Staff were very nice and I was supported during my short time here. I was only doing work experience and should a position become available I would definately apply for the job.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Would like to secure employment
Bad Management
Worked for 5 plus years. Managment including area management far too figures oriented and have absolutely no people skills both staff and customers.
Dont ever get sick mentally or physically they will get rid of you asap. They care nothing for your welfare.
Long hours. Ignore the bonus scheme
Rubbish place to work. Most days are 11 hours. Management are pathetic. They get you to nag customers through phone and email. Always getting threatened with the sack if the shop doesn't do its unrealistic targets.
Cons
Very challenging workplace no recognition of success.
A company that wants to be known as saying we look after you but in reality its not the case. Most of the time you are perceived as just being a number and not someone who may be able to do something well. Only ever interested in hitting the targets and not worried about how it is achieved.