TopCashBack

TopCashBack Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews
Directors are lovely. I worked with a girl who sat opposite me, a degree in fashion and made it obvious she she didn’t Like to work with older people.
Pros
Face fits and you’re young
Cons
Older than 50, Run!!!
During my time at TopCashback, I feel disappointed in the poor management skills alongside the unfair treatment and racism experienced within the office.

Would not recommend working for this company unless you like being treated badly.
Pros
No uniform, free pizza on a day of the month, free membership to the site
Cons
All apart from the pros listed
Ive worked for just over a year now and wish id started earlier. Everyone is so so friendly and helpful. By the sounds of it they have got rid of dead wood and brought in some sound people. The managers i have to deal with are fantastic and cant do enough for you. My development has grown and they are interested in my opinion. I work in a great team and get encouraged to use my skills and are given a lot of responsibility.
TopCashback is an amazing company to work for. From top to bottom within the company you feel valued for the work you do and get extensive training throughout the start of your time to help you grow into the role and the company.

Management care about the growth of individuals and will always listen out for any recommendations on what they could be doing better or just your thoughts on any scenario. Whilst offering great advice on how to be a better individual at your job.

The culture is ingrained throughout the business and even though TopCashback are an ever-growing business within the UK and globally the family feel within the team can be felt even when not at work.

I returned to the company in 2018 after completing a placement year in 2015 as part of my University degree and I felt at home straight away on my return and the job has opened me to a great network of people and some amazing friends that make work an enjoyable place to spend most of your day!
I've worked in a number of places and TopCashback is the best without a doubt.

This is the company who, if you put in the effort and hard work, will reward you. As with every job, there is a limit in progression, though I've found and seen if people put in the effort and use initiative, there is always another opportunity to turn your hat to. So many people progress by moving to different departments and even offices, not just within their own departments.

There are so many benefits to working here, which so many of my friends are jealous of! From pizza meetings, to free yoga and 5 side football. In fact when I come to list them, I'm even struggling to remember them all!

Personally, I'm looking forward to many more years here and couldn't imagine swapping out this culture for any other office.
Pros
Too many to list! Tho my tops are free yoga, zumba, pizza meetings, the ability to work flexi a few hours a month to use, new opportunities cropping up to follow
Cons
I feel like I should put something, tho the company is great and constantly asking for feedback on how to better improve!
Finding TopCashback was like landing on my feet. I've never been a part of a company that puts fair play at both the heart of the company for customers and its staff.
I've been supported every step of the way by both the company as an employee and as an individual and have never felt as though I am a number.

There are advancement opportunities, skills to pick up and add to your CV, complete and thorough training and a real feel of being a part of a growing family.
Pros
Pizza meetings, zumba, yoga, five a side, medical benefits, eye tests, quiz nights, counselling, fair play policy, bonuses
Cons
Can't think of any right now
The work can be good depending on the team you are in. The tech leads and other developers are the best part of working here. If you are a placement student or junior developer the opportunity to learn and get stuck in at the deep end is extremely good.

Management is clueless, the first of them is more concerned with building furniture, the second is all talk and no action, he tells people what they would like to hear to make himself look good and feel smart and in the next moment will stab you in the back. The final and highest ranked member of management does not think for himself and instead relies on his two management sidekicks.

The company can not get the basics right, salaries are below average, holidays are barely above minimum with no incentives for loyalty after two years. Bonuses are none existent (including Christmas) and praise is only given to stakeholders and not anyone involved in producing the product. Working from home is not available unless you are someone’s favourite.

Too much emphasis is put on how much money the company has made during each month, but there is no praise or reward given for the achievement, which makes the whole process feel like bragging and demoralising.

There is a scarily high turnover of staff (nearly a 1/6 of all devs in 2018) which management don’t seem to be worried about.
Pros
Great developers, great tech leads
Cons
Low salary, basic benefits, lack of flexibility, poor management, rubbish communication between offices
Topcashback is such a great place to work. I have worked here a good number of years and the company has grown from a small business to a big well known brand. As the company has grown the culture and values have always remained the same. The company is extremely fair and the fair play policy is still as important now as it was back when my employment began. The CEO’s are the most approachable and down to earth bosses I have ever worked for. Everyone at Topcashback is treated as an individual.

We have some great benefits and a unique working environment with a casual dress code. As we have grown the offices have grown so although you do not see all your colleagues everyday the company is very focused on us all coming together which we do at our social events and after work drinks. HR are always putting forward new ideas to the board for new staff benefits which are always ever growing. There are not many places that will fully fund weekly yoga and Zumba classes as well as monthly pizza meetings.

You never know where the company will go next and there always are opportunities to grow and develop. In my employment I have personally progressed, developed, undergone training courses ( funded by Topcashback) and I have always felt I have been fully supported by management and HR.
Pros
office environment, casual dress, benefits, training, pizza meeting, social events, weekly funded zumba and yoga classes, approachable CEOS, Fair play policy
If you like an informal laddish culture, you’ll love it here. Ping pong, beer fridges, pool tables, Xbox, trackies and trainers, P!ss ups, free tuck shops, pizzas, recognition for the show offs and braggers, dress up days, curry nights, banter across the office, birthday holiday, ice cream and bring you dog in to visit.

But if you prefer a professional environment with structure and equal recognition then steer clear!

Fails to deliver on the more basic needs, such as adequate space to work, packs so many staff into as little space as possible leading to an uncomfortable environment. Can not resolve to fix Office heating so provides staff with blankets.

The two MDs are very down to earth and likeable.

All Board members are middle aged white men.
Initially was a fantastic place to work, but sadly a lack of advancement opportunities and poor quality leadership does not make this an enjoyable work environment.
Cons
Poor leadership, no advancement opportunities.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TopCashBack?