TONI&GUY

TONI&GUY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom255 reviews
Toni&Guy was a great place to work as you do get to know your clients and you treat each other as friends. Same with the staff, they're not just your colleagues, they're friends too. Coming out of school to go into full time work can be a bit full on but you always felt welcoming when working there.
Receptionist jobs including calling clients and making appointments using our online system. Cashing up at the end of the day and opening and closing the salon by-myself. Taking care of the client’s needs. Listening to what the client envisions for their style or colour. Use of colour products for client’s hair. Cleaning the salon to always make it welcoming for all clients and staff. Making complimentary drinks.
Its a great company to want to work for .
amazing education system

international career opportunities

room for growth and progression

There isnt much more to say
The stylists and technicians are very friendly, helpful and polite, the customers are also friendly and talkative, and overall a very busy but controlled working environment
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
I was a apprentice at toni&guy and it was horrible, you get barely any pay. And you have little to no training, then as a part of your training they send you to london for 6 weeks to qualify. AND YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR HOTEL, YOUR FOOD AND TRANSPORTATION. Not to mention they still make you work 3 Saturdays.

Excuse me, how am I supposed to afford that on £3.70 an hour? Not to mention the £300 scissors they make you buy along with all the kit !

They treat you horribly, it doesn’t matter if your having stuff go on at home or any they will call you into the office and tell you to do your makeup and call you ugly.

I’m sorry I’m not bright orange from spray tan and can’t afford to pump my lips with filler.

DO NOT WORK HERE. AVOID IT PLEASE YOU WILL DEVELOP DEPRESSION.
Pros
Some of the staff are LOVELY
Cons
Long hours, Little pay, Treatment is horrible, No training
Friendly staff atmosphere. Some staff treat you very well but some treat you like you poorly due to you being an entry level job. Occasionally get tips which is good but the pay is low.
Pros
Young and friendly staff
Cons
long hours (some un-payed), low pay
Always have fun on any given day.
The job, although though, is very rewarding. You get to see the final product and the look on the clients face make the long hours worth it.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Pay
I loved working at tony & guy. When I first started everyone made me feel very welcome. When I was working there it was very eye opening because I got to see how the stylists work in the salon. This is interesting because it is very different in college compared to a salon. I am very thankful for the experience and would love to do it all over again and learn so much more.

things that i got thought:

-head massage techniques

- the different types of shampoos

- the different types of conditioner

- how highlights was done with foils
Pros
the insite to how a salon works
Cons
tiering
Fun and challenging workplace, shame it closed down, completed my apprenticeship here and made friends for life. Close to businesses and based in a thriving highstreet.
Pros
Fun and hardworking
Cons
Closed down
I loved working with Toni&Guy and I really wished I did stay on. The travel was so much for me and I couldn’t efford the money to travel into Cambridge everyday.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Travel
Para mi fue una gran oportunidad el haber trabajado en la copañia Toni&Guy estoy muy agradecida con ellos
A typical day at work was ok, the staff was very lovely. sometimes I did tend to feel like I was doing all the work, for example, I was the one having to clean up everybody else's problem. The most enjoyable part was definitely meeting loads of new people and there was a very good atmosphere in the salon. In the salon I learned to always make sure that I'm not scared to say my opinion, I could definitely be very open whilst I was there. However, Management could have been a lot better.
Really good training but very hard and stressful sometimes. Great opportunities to work your way through the company and lots of different directions that can be taken
Pros
Fun
Cons
when working here I felt like I was picked on everyday. I had a serious on and off condiation which they unfortunately did not bekeive at the time, as a result they told me to not come back.
As this was my first employment from school, It is the perfect salon to have gone to for my training.
Staff were always teaching and making sure we were performing to the best of our ability.

Couldn't have asked for a more professional team.
Pros
City centre
Cons
Being asked to choose between stylist and colour technician
The fellow co-workers are really nice and friendly as well as understanding, the management wasn’t the best but they have changed management since and it’s a lot better
The team at Toni&Guy are welcoming and friendly. They have helped me develop my skills in the workplace and are always appreciative of the work the salon assistants do. They all value working as a team and making their clients feel special.
Pros
Lovely team
Cons
Poor pay
I enjoyed working at Toni and guy however I have now decided I need a new adventure. It was a lovely company to work for but it just wasn’t working for me anymore.
I worked here for my work experience a while back and then got offered a Saturday job< they are very kind caring and understanding I was able do schedule my life and work around eachother.
The workplace was fun and engaging and allowed me to get along with returning customers of the company. also i had learnt and developed new skills which i can now refer to new situations in my time.
Job is to train NVQ, assessors and monitor and maintain quality of work. I liked my job but it's not run very well by management. Good pay but no benefit scheme.